Windows 10: My new Dell Windows 10 Laptop decided to 'freak' out.

Discus and support My new Dell Windows 10 Laptop decided to 'freak' out. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; 1. My mouse all of a sudden for the last several days has gotten 'nervous'. It jitters, jumps, and will not stay still. 2. Now my monitor gets BRIGHT,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jagman, Feb 3, 2021.

1. jagman Win User

My new Dell Windows 10 Laptop decided to 'freak' out.

1. My mouse all of a sudden for the last several days has gotten 'nervous'. It jitters, jumps, and will not stay still.
    2. Now my monitor gets BRIGHT, GOES DIM, THEN BRIGHT......
    3. My Windows 10 OS is TWO levels OUT OF DATE and I can find NO to make it GET UPDATES and INSTALL THEM. When I ask for it to LOOK for UPDATES, all it downloads is updates for MICROSOFT WORD, EXCEL, BUT NO "OS"

My laptop is a 'new Dell" and under warranty and ~ 6mo old.

AND my screen IS FLASHING REALLY BAD NOW.

I had one of the first PC's, Laptop's EVER MADE from the 80's but never anything like this.

My new Dell Windows 10 Laptop decided to 'freak' out. [​IMG]

ANYONE?

:)

jagman, Feb 3, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 3, 2021
  3. Josie23 Win User
    I want to disable touchpad on Dell laptop

These 7 steps allowed me to disable my touchpad (Dell laptop, Windows 10):

1. Win Start button
    2. Type in "device manager"
    3. Select Device Manager to open it
    4. Click down arrow to left of "Mice and other..." to expand
    5. Right click Dell Touchpad
    6. Disable device
    7. Yes

Josie23, Feb 3, 2021
  4. btarunr Win User

Dell Announces New E-Family Laptops

New additions to the line of popular Dell Latitude E-Family laptops – and complementary software and services solutions— will make it simple and affordable for public and private sector organizations worldwide to refresh laptops. According to IDC, the industry can expect to see 27 percent growth in commercial laptops over the next three years as organizations begin to realize the cost and impact of holding on to an aging infrastructure.

“Organizations have a great incentive to refresh today,” said Bob O’Donnell, Program VP, Client Computing, IDC. “With new technologies such as Intel’s processors and Microsoft Windows 7, CIOs can drive greater workforce efficiency and IT automation. In addition, a modern system running a modern operating system offers greater efficiencies when it comes to desktop virtualization, data protection, asset monitoring and remote management.”

My new Dell Windows 10 Laptop decided to 'freak' out. 30a_thm.jpg

My new Dell Windows 10 Laptop decided to 'freak' out. 30b_thm.jpg

My new Dell Windows 10 Laptop decided to 'freak' out. 30c_thm.jpg

Dell Latitude E-Family
    The award-winning Latitude E-Family line has been extended with the Latitude E6410, E6510 and E6410 ATG laptops. Based on direct feedback from customers, Dell has enhanced the Latitude family with new Intel Core i5 and Corei7 processors, fast DDR3 memory, HD displays and other new standards-based features. These updates bolster a product lineup that already features breakthrough battery life and professional style – including a choice of three colors.

New additions to the Dell Latitude family support a range of usage needs:
    • Mainstream – The dependable and stylish Dell Latitude E6410 and E6510 are 14.1-inch and 15.6-inch professional laptops, available now, that start at $1,129 and $1,164 USD, respectively. The systems, which include a 3-megapixel camera and optional discrete graphics from NVIDIA are designed for mobile collaboration and advanced productivity.
    • Semi-Rugged – The Latitude E6410 ATG is a 14.1-inch semi-rugged laptop, engineered to increase productivity regardless of location or terrain. It is built and tested to meet the MIL STD 810F for shock, vibration, temperature, humidity and altitude.
    Enhanced features and capabilities of the new Latitude laptops include the following:
    • A new Fast Response Free Fall Sensor that can help prevent data loss from drops;
    • Optional Dell Latitude ON technology that allows access to e-mail, calendar and contacts without booting up;
    • Energy Smart power management setting to reduce energy consumption, which results in longer battery life;
    • Select configurations offer Energy Star and EPEAT certifications;
    • Select configurations of the Dell Latitude E6410 are optimized for Microsoft® Office Communicator for increased mobile collaboration.
    Secure Authentication and Data Protection
    The Dell Latitude E6410, E6510, E6510 ATG laptops offer flexible and secure authentication and data protection. Dell ControlVault, standard on these systems, offers hardened storage and processing of authentication credentials away from the system’s hard drive and memory and processors – the primary target of most malware. Additionally, ControlVault offers the following:
    • Secure fingerprint authentication implementations with full on-chip;
    • Built-in contactless card reader for convenient authentication and log-in;
    • Embedded one-time-password token capability; and,
    • Enabled single sign on – enter credentials once and user is verified all the way through the operating system.
    More information on the Latitude E-Family can be found here.

btarunr, Feb 3, 2021
Thema:

1. My new Dell Windows 10 Laptop decided to 'freak' out. - Similar Threads - Dell Laptop decided

2. My HP laptop is freaking out please help.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My HP laptop is freaking out please help.: Hi communityMy HP ProBook 4525s is freaking outWhen I turn it on it turns on normallyBut when it reaches to the windows boot logo the screen turns off and the fans start spinning as fast as hell then the whole thing diesIt does the same thing if I boot it like 2-5 timesAnd...
  3. My HP laptop is freaking out please help.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My HP laptop is freaking out please help.: Hi communityMy HP ProBook 4525s is freaking outWhen I turn it on it turns on normallyBut when it reaches to the windows boot logo the screen turns off and the fans start spinning as fast as hell then the whole thing diesIt does the same thing if I boot it like 2-5 timesAnd...
  4. Sound Freaking Out

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sound Freaking Out: Hey I have a problem when I had plugged in new headphones or unplugged any audio device the sound rapidly changes over and over and I cannot change it. If anybody has had a similar issue before can you help? submitted by /u/PineappleSir [link] [comments]...
  5. Windows is freaking out

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows is freaking out: Hello, my windows recently started freaking out every time I press a key it was a shortcut to something, I got that fixed by doing Ctrl + Alt + Windows button, but now when I open up the start menu it like auto clicking and highlighting things same for my search bar and...
  6. Help! My Bluetooth is freaking out

Help! My Bluetooth is freaking out: Two days ago I started having troubles connecting my earbuds to my computer through Bluetooth. It started with only being able to choose the handsfree audio quality so I decided to remove my earbuds from the settings and reconnect them but I wasn't able to do so. Instead I...
  7. Taskbar Freaking Out.

Taskbar Freaking Out.: [IMG] My taskbar messed up I do have two monitors but heres what it looks like: The program icons are uneven with the windos, search, task view icon, plus the program icons have turned into tabs rather than just icons. Any help will be appreciated submitted by...
  8. Windows 10 freaking out spontaneously

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 freaking out spontaneously: I have never had any issues with my computer for a year or two since I got it. A week or two ago, I encountered a very strange issue where every once in a while it will just freak out the mouse keeps teleporting to the bottom left of the screen, will click rapidly and open...
  9. Windows Freaking Out

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Freaking Out: Hello All, My computer says that it has "Windows 10 Enterprise 2016 LTSB 64-bit" and I still get the "Activate Windows" message on my monitor. When I used Windows 10 Update Assistant, It told me that my operating wasn't ok, and I needed to "Upgrade Windows Server or...
  10. Freaking out

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Freaking out: I can't access Cortana, my windows bar and my notifications. I tried to fix by using Power Shell, but no corrupted files. Then I saw that task bar said Cortana Suspend, last night my computer updated, and I don't know if that messed up my system. I also had to change my email...