Windows 10: my new desktop getting stuck

Discus and support my new desktop getting stuck in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I have purchased new desktop installed window 10 HP285 Pro G2 MT business PC, however less than 30 min getting sucking the system. specially... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by muraligandhi, Mar 15, 2020.

1. my new desktop getting stuck

Hi,

I have purchased new desktop installed window 10 HP285 Pro G2 MT business PC, however less than 30 min getting sucking the system.

specially when system goes in sleep mode-its very difficult to open. Im doing forceful close by power off/switch off CPU.

Help me out to how can solve this? To whom I reach?

Thanks,

:)

muraligandhi, Mar 15, 2020

2. windows update stuck at installation screen and cannot get to desktop

Hi Sue,

To understand the issue better, I would like to ask some questions:

• Is the computer stuck in the Installing updates screen?
    • For how long is the computer stuck in the screen?
    • When was the computer last updated?
    • Is the screen showing any percentage of installation?

Sometimes the installation might take a long time to install if the update is of large size. So, I suggest you to wait for sometime and check if the system boots to the desktop. If it is taking a longer time, then perform a Power Drain by following the steps
    provided below:

• Shut down the Computer.
    • Remove all power source (including battery if it is a laptop).
    • Press and hold the power button for 15-20 seconds.
    • Connect the power source and start the computer.
    • After the computer boots to the desktop, suggest you to install all the pending updates.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Thank you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Mar 15, 2020
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Mar 15, 2020
  4. my new desktop getting stuck

Cheap Photo box that will get the job done

WEll i took on this project for PP hes a hardware reviewer and wants to get the professional looking pics for the Pc parts

Materials:
    • Big cardboard box
    • a razor
    • white material 3 yards
    • cone lights
    • stapler
    • medical tape
    • pvc pipe about 6 inches longer than your box
    • white paint any cheap finger paint would work
    the project I'm guessing will cost me $30 if it works out properly
    I will post pictures and step by step as i do it

MomentoMoir, Mar 15, 2020
Thema:

my new desktop getting stuck

1. my new desktop getting stuck - Similar Threads - desktop getting stuck

2. Why does my current desktop get copied to a new desktop in Task View?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my current desktop get copied to a new desktop in Task View?: I am using Windows 11.I am trying to use Task View in the Taskbar to create a new desktop. However, every time I create a new desktop it doesn't start as a clean desktop - it includes all the icons and folders from the original desktop.I have tried to delete the icons and...
  3. Why does my current desktop get copied to a new desktop in Task View?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does my current desktop get copied to a new desktop in Task View?: I am using Windows 11.I am trying to use Task View in the Taskbar to create a new desktop. However, every time I create a new desktop it doesn't start as a clean desktop - it includes all the icons and folders from the original desktop.I have tried to delete the icons and...
  4. All new documents on my desktop are getting encrypted automatically

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    All new documents on my desktop are getting encrypted automatically: I was playing/experimenting with file encryption Win 10 - something that is totally new to me I have never used it before. I encrypted a folder full of important docs right-mouseclick>properties>general>advanced, placed the folder in a non-system drive and created a shortcut...
  5. Desktop is stuck...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Desktop is stuck...: I am using Windows 10 latest version, as of this posting, on an all-in-one Acer desktop. I turned on my computer today. Once I logged in, my background came up, with no desktop icons. I am not in tablet mode and and there aren’t tablet apps. It is a totally blank screen,...
  6. My desktop is stuck in airplane mode

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My desktop is stuck in airplane mode: My desktop does not let me turn airplane mode off. How do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-desktop-is-stuck-in-airplane-mode/526831ee-2d87-4e32-b99c-b70f1799af46
  7. my desktop is stuck at the login screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    my desktop is stuck at the login screen: earlier this afternoon i tried signing in but it said i had to be online so i clicked on the wifi icon and connected to the wifi but now i cant click anything. My mouse can still move around the screen and the buttons seem to be working but i cant seem to do anything else....
  8. Color picker stuck on desktop, can't get rid of it.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Color picker stuck on desktop, can't get rid of it.: For some reason, this color picker is stuck on my desktop and I can't get rid of it. I can interact with it, and it stays behind windows. [ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  9. My new Lenovo legion laptop gets stuck in start up

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My new Lenovo legion laptop gets stuck in start up: When my new laptop first started up went fine. But did all off windows updates now stuck at command prompt X: \windows\system32>. A winpeshl.ini file is present, but no commands were successfully launched. Please help Thank you Steve huth...
  10. Stuck on the App screen, not able to get to desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Stuck on the App screen, not able to get to desktop: Ok, I have looked for the solution to this problem, but all my searches find a different issue. This has now happened to 2 HP Windows 10 laptops. My son has grabbed them, and hit something, so now, the desktop is gone. It only displays a list of apps, similar to the Windows...