Windows 10: My new device is showing under "Devices" but my old device is showing when I attempt to...

Discus and support My new device is showing under "Devices" but my old device is showing when I attempt to... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My ACER laptop - on which Office 365 was loaded recently - was stolen in Dec'19. I now have a LENOVO, on which I would like to reinstall Office 365... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Virginie Charlier, Jan 13, 2020.

1. My new device is showing under "Devices" but my old device is showing when I attempt to...

My ACER laptop - on which Office 365 was loaded recently - was stolen in Dec'19.

I now have a LENOVO, on which I would like to reinstall Office 365 but...

- My new device is showing under "Devices"

- but my old device is showing up when I attempt to reinstall Office 365

Please assist ASAP

Thank you

:)

Virginie Charlier, Jan 13, 2020

2. device manager not showing correct cpu

this one has me confused, .When i look in device manage under processors it is still showing my old q8200 cpu and ive upgraded to the q9650. why would it not show this in device manager? , The bios shows it, cpuiz shows the q9650, the vista basic information shows it but not under device manager/ should I be concerned about this ? any ideas would be great thanx Dragon

DTV DRAGON, Jan 13, 2020
  3. New Printer Not Showing in Devices & Printers (But Does Show in Device Manager)

Now I have no printers and Devices and Printers at all, not even a banner (but it still shows in Device Manager).

I have uninstalled all the new Brother printer driver & utilities programs (again) and rebooted (again). I also turned off MS XPS print services from Programs and Features, just in case. In Device Manager, I clicked ‘Show hidden devices’ and found
    three instances of the old printer plus the old Prolific Parallel – USB adapter cable (now returned & refunded). All these were ghosted out but I uninstalled all of them anyway.

I checked ‘spooling’ in ‘Services’ and this is set to ‘Automatic’ (and is ‘Running’).

These posts did not help:

1)

Windows 10 - Epson C88+ not showing in devices and printers

Let us try few of the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Try to update the drivers for printer in Device Manager:

• Right click on Start button and select
      Device Manager.
    • Expand Print queues, right click on the drivers and click on
      Update driver software.
    • Restart the computer and check if the issue persists.
    Step 2: If the device is not detected on your computer try to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

Hardware and Devices troubleshooter checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting and select it.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner of
      Troubleshooting window.
    • Select the Hardware and Device options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the Hardware and Device
      Troubleshooter
    Step 3: I suggest you to run Printer troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + X, click on Control Panel, select
      Category and then select Large or Small icons.
    • Click on Troubleshooting and click on
      View all in the left pane.
    • Select Printer and follow on-screen instructions.

2)

https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/17420/windows-printer-problems

= ‘Fix printer problems’ on MS Support

I do not understand why I’m having so many problems but am desperate for help – please!

Chris

ChrisOfTheOT, Jan 13, 2020
  4. bro67 Win User

My new device is showing under "Devices" but my old device is showing when I attempt to...

Device Manager shows > Other devices> Unknown Device

If it is the motherboard listed in your system info, that is a very old motherboard and that driver may not work from previous editions of Windows, if you can find the device. Only way to determine devices in Device Manager is to grab that info from say a Windows 7 install and compare to what devices that have drivers and those without drivers that show unknown. Look at all of the pulldown menu options in Details/Properties and see if it shows anything that may clue in as to the device.

bro67, Jan 13, 2020
Thema:

My new device is showing under "Devices" but my old device is showing when I attempt to...

1. My new device is showing under "Devices" but my old device is showing when I attempt to... - Similar Threads - device showing under

2. Device not showing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Device not showing: On the microsoft store when I go to my library and try to download minecraft which I already own on my xbox it says install on my devices, but for some reason my xbox shows up and my laptop doesn't but when go to https://account.microsoft.com/devices it shows my laptop....
  3. Bluetooth device not showing up when I add a device.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Bluetooth device not showing up when I add a device.: I have a set of JIB wireless headphones. They work completly fine on all devices and even laptops. When I try to connect them with my computer, they dont seem to show up. For a matter of fact, no bluetooth device connects to my computer. Things I tired:- Updating/Removing...
  4. This device is new it shows as a device but shows as turned off to the system.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    This device is new it shows as a device but shows as turned off to the system.: How do I turn this device on. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/this-device-is-new-it-shows-as-a-device-but-shows/90810ac9-74e6-4f01-9799-91ecf23bc20b
  5. Not showing device

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Not showing device: why dont it show my device[ATTACH]so i can download certain apps from google play? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-showing-device/2c094a99-3154-41cc-a959-08b90b97ebbf
  6. My "wireless dualshock controller" Not showing under devices, and device manager

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My "wireless dualshock controller" Not showing under devices, and device manager: It lights orange when i plug my usb cable in, I have downloaded DS4, but my controller is not showing so i cant fix. Ive tried multiple usb ports, ive tried 2 different USB cables. I have tried troubleshooting devices, I have tried to plug it into other pc's, and no i do not...
  7. My device manager is not showing com ports and even it is not showing the device when...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My device manager is not showing com ports and even it is not showing the device when...: [IMG]one of your agent said the steps to add comp ports to disk manager i followed the same steps but the result is it is showing yellow triangle symbol at the com port. Please help me out my device manager is not showing the ports which are active. Thank you....
  8. device does not show on devices

device does not show on devices: I signed on to my microsoft account using my HP laptop , HOWEVER I only see my desktop on the list of devices. I have gone arounf in circles with codes, passwords, etc for 4 and a half hours. My laptop says I am signed on to my Microsoft account. But it is not on my device...
  9. My laptop is not showing other devices or unknown devices

My laptop is not showing other devices or unknown devices: Hi...!!! I'm getting trouble with other devices option... I have to install Xbox 360 controller to my laptop but it's possible only through other or unknown devices.... So my laptop is not showing other devices or unknown devices in device manager .... How can I get unknown...
  10. Unknown Devices showing in Device Manager under Other Devices category

Unknown Devices showing in Device Manager under Other Devices category: Hi All, On My Windows 10 Desktop, I am seeing few unknown devices in the Device Manager under Other Devices category. Please help me understand and know which are these devices for. Shown in the image attachment: [img] These devices are confusing, especially Nokia Obex...