Windows 10: My new email tells me I need to update my password or give the account permission to syn to...

Discus and support My new email tells me I need to update my password or give the account permission to syn to... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Had to set up a new email account. Get a warning !, says I need to update password, didn't work or give the account permission to sync to this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JanBellemore, Sep 12, 2020.

1. My new email tells me I need to update my password or give the account permission to syn to...

Had to set up a new email account. Get a warning !, says I need to update password, didn't work or give the account permission to sync to this device. Any suggestions as how to do this for Windows 10?

Thanks

:)

JanBellemore, Sep 12, 2020
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Unauthorized Emails from my account?

It is more than likely that your email account was hacked, either by a virus sniffing your password, or just simply hacked.

Either way, change your password on your email account. Unfortunately the damage by already be done. They already have your contact list and your email address associated with that contact list. There is nothing stopping them from sending out emails using their own SMTP servers to everyone on your contact list and claiming the emails are from your email address. They don't actually have to have access to your yahoo account or even any yahoo server to send emails to people that come from your address.

newtekie1, Sep 12, 2020
  3. email account hacked. please help

Also may I suggest you change email accounts to one of the following.....

Gmail
    Outlook

The reason is they both use "Step two verification". This style of verification means even if a hacker gets your password they cannot log in to your account. You see every time someone try's to log in that hasn't been verified you will get a text or a phone call giving you a final code to log in. Its very easy and simple to setup also. The great thing is once you setup your Email application with a specific "application password" from that account you never have to log in again AND your account is protected from being logged in from foreign entities.

I like the new outlook personally however Gmail is also damn good. Gmail also has an IP tracker that allows you to see WHERE the account has been logged in from. Anyway let us know if you wanna change over and have any questions. We will be happy to help and welcome to TPU!

TheMailMan78, Sep 12, 2020
  4. 7.62 Win User

My new email tells me I need to update my password or give the account permission to syn to...

Email clients not remembering passwords

Hi all

A friends computer will not remember his gmail password. He used to use outlook, and seeing that I use thunderbird and it would be easier to troubleshoot I installed that for him. Now that was working for a few weeks, and now the same problem is occuring.

We are 100% sure the password is correct, as we can access the email account through webmail, but the local clients will not remember the correct password. Of course the 'Remember password' button is checked, but still no good.

It returns with incorrect password.

Any suggestions?

Thema:

My new email tells me I need to update my password or give the account permission to syn to...

1. My new email tells me I need to update my password or give the account permission to syn to... - Similar Threads - email tells need

2. Email telling me to update my account. Is this legitimate?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Email telling me to update my account. Is this legitimate?: Necesito ayuda muy urgente!He recibido un correo de Verify Team *** Email address is removed for privacy *** para *** Email address is removed for privacy ***.En el mismo se señala: Respetado usuario,Nuestro registro indica que su cuenta ha sido comprometida y que todas las...
  3. Camera tells me it needs my permission but everything is on

in Windows 10 Customization
    Camera tells me it needs my permission but everything is on: Camera tells me it needs my permission but everything is on https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-tells-me-it-needs-my-permission-but/89e23e40-8380-4953-9e8c-85bf5e00f0f7
  4. My email won't update, it's asking to update password, which won't work or give permission...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My email won't update, it's asking to update password, which won't work or give permission...: see subject line!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-email-wont-update-its-asking-to-update-password/979d03e8-aaef-442c-9987-0731ac8ca7d3
  5. i need to put a password in to update my email on laptop. But there is nowhere for me to...

i need to put a password in to update my email on laptop. But there is nowhere for me to...: Ive changed the password but there doesn't seem to be a way to put it into outlook on my pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-to-put-a-password-in-to-update-my-email-on/4d3c6fdd-696b-41ba-9c75-c179ac26bdac
  6. My Windows account is not an administrator, but when I type in the password it tells me...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My Windows account is not an administrator, but when I type in the password it tells me...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/yea_okay_dude [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fode26/my_windows_account_is_not_an_administrator_but/
  7. telling me that I need to fix my hotmail account again when I try to "fix" it ...it gives...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    telling me that I need to fix my hotmail account again when I try to "fix" it ...it gives...: my Hotmail account is telling me that I need to fix my account. When I try to do this I am getting a blank screen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/telling-me-that-i-need-to-fix-my-hotmail-account/15662759-8ba0-4370-84a9-078e7773b7f0
  8. My account is an adult account and is acknowledged but it still tells me that I need an...

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    My account is an adult account and is acknowledged but it still tells me that I need an...: My account is acknowledged as an adult but it won't let me open Chrome and that I need an adult's permission how can I change that. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-account-is-an-adult-account-and-is-acknowledged/5515594e-f61e-4f19-ad2f-425996160ec3"
  9. cannot syn emails

cannot syn emails: I keep getting this error code 80048830 can anyone help? I have tried deleting the account and adding it back, I have internet connection and have done a virus scan. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-syn-emails/a8d73800-3004-464f-b254-cc443d0cfb05
  10. I want to add a email account but it wont let me, keeps saying give account permission to...

I want to add a email account but it wont let me, keeps saying give account permission to...: I have set up a gmx account and want to add it to my laptop . It keeps giving a message saying I need to change password or give account permission to sync. I have gone into calender and tried to add it there but it will not comes up with error code Ox80004005 I am a...