Windows 10: my new HP Envy stops printing to my brother printer. it won't use the. . updated drivers...

Discus and support my new HP Envy stops printing to my brother printer. it won't use the. . updated drivers... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; my new HP Envy stops printing to my brother printer. it won't use the updated drivers necessary. why?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AnthonyPastal, Jul 5, 2020.

1. my new HP Envy stops printing to my brother printer. it won't use the. . updated drivers...

my new HP Envy stops printing to my brother printer. it won't use the updated drivers necessary. why?

:)

AnthonyPastal, Jul 5, 2020
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Unable to print using HP Envy 5055 printer

Hi Franco,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are unable to print using HP Envy 5055 printer. I’ll certainly help you with this issue.

However, please let us know:

• Are you facing this issue only while printing Excel documents?
    • Do you receive any error code/message?
    • Were you able to print documents earlier?

Meanwhile, I would suggest you to try running
    HP Print and Scan Doctor
    on your computer this will diagnose the issues with Printing.

You may also want to try reinstalling the drivers from HP website:
    https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-envy-5000-all-in-one-printer-series/14095644/model/14095768
    . Try installing the recommended drivers and check.

For additional information, see
    HP Windows 10 Support Center - Printing
    and

Fix printer connection and printing problems in Windows 10

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jul 5, 2020
  3. Unable to print using my HP ENVY 4500 printer

I am unable to print from my computer and I use W (10).
    I use an HP ENVY 4500 printer and use a network setup by the HP Printer.
    Everything was working fine for several months until yesterday.
    First it wouldn't scan. Next it wouldn't print from my computer. Today the scanner works fine but I cannot print. I use an HP Envy 4500 series (NET) as scanner.
    The computer was printing to an "HP ENVY 4500 series (NETWORK)" which it has always done.

Three things:

1. When I go to "Devices and Printers" it says that " this a web services printer".
    At "See What's Printing it
    says under "Status," "Error - Printing."

2. Also, under the column "Port" it says "Status FOXIT_PDF:
    I have no idea what "FOXIT_PDF:" is.

3. Lastly at "Device Manager, it says "This device is working properly."
    FYI It says, at " Location" on HP65DE1D (HP ENVY 4500}.

For the record, I had changed some settings on the computer before this thing happened.
    I have no idea what I changed. I'm guessing that I may have changed some setting that may have caused my problem.

I'll work on what you suggest.

Many thanks.

Jim Nolan

Original subject: My my computer print.

***Subject edited for clarity by the moderator.***

lakgj Power Point, Jul 5, 2020
  4. Jan123 Win User

my new HP Envy stops printing to my brother printer. it won't use the. . updated drivers...

Windows 10 Home Won't Print to Remote Printer

I have three computers.
    Machine 1: Windows 10 pro, has the USB Brother HL-5040 printer
    Machine 2: Windows 10 pro, prints OK to the remote printer.
    Machine 3: Windows 10 home, Used to print, but not anymore (THIS IS THE PROBLEM).
    I’ve tried everything that I can think of, and would appreciate any suggestions.
    I did these steps on Machine 3 that did not work.

1. Remove the printer device.
    2. Add a Printer
    3. The printer that I want isn’t listed
    4. Select a shared printer by name
    5. Browse
    6. Select the displayed Machine 1.
    7. Select the displayed Printer.
    8. Next
    9. Failure “Connect to Printer”.
    10. Add a printer using a TCP/IP address or Hostname
    11. Next
    12. Set Hostname to Machine 2, and set port name.
    13. Detecting TCP/IP Port
    14. Additional Port information required.
    15. Device Type – Standard, Brother Port Server
    16. Next
    17. Detecting the Driver Model
    18. Install The Print Driver
    19. Select Brother and Brother HL-5040
    20. Next
    21. Replace the Current Driver
    22. Printer Name (setting it to HL-5040)
    23. Next
    24. Do not share this printer
    25. Next
    26. You’ve successfully added “HL-5040”
    27. Finish
    Printing on Machine 3 puts the document in the print queue, which reports error printing.
    Printing from Machine 2 to the printer on Machine 1 works perfectly.
    All three machines are in the same HomeGroup. Machine 3 can access the shared files from Machine 1.

Jan123, Jul 5, 2020
Thema:

my new HP Envy stops printing to my brother printer. it won't use the. . updated drivers...

1. my new HP Envy stops printing to my brother printer. it won't use the. . updated drivers... - Similar Threads - Envy stops printing

2. Printers: It prints back-to-back on my HP, but not my Brother printerhad no problem with...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printers: It prints back-to-back on my HP, but not my Brother printerhad no problem with...: HP printer prints back-to-back, but my Brother printer doesn't, but was able to on my older computer. New computer has Microsoft 11. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printers-it-prints-back-to-back-on-my-hp-but-not/1dcc651b-49ca-40a8-9620-dc4b66c1b1f7
  3. My HP ENVY 5540 printer no longer prints

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My HP ENVY 5540 printer no longer prints: My HP ENVY 5540 printer no longer prints either text or photos from my desktop computer Windows 10,instead givin an 'out of paper' error,yet when instructed to print a quality diagnostic, or a test page,gives a perfect print...
  4. My HP ENVY 5540 printer no longer prints

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My HP ENVY 5540 printer no longer prints: My HP ENVY 5540 printer no longer prints either text or photos from my desktop computer Windows 10,instead givin an 'out of paper' error,yet when instructed to print a quality diagnostic, or a test page,gives a perfect print...
  5. My HP ENVY 5540 printer no longer prints

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. HP Envy 5540 printer stop printing color?

HP Envy 5540 printer stop printing color?: Is anyone else had their HP Envy 5540 printer stop printing color? Mine has stopped in the last few months. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-envy-5540-printer-stop-printing-color/b27f5e8d-338d-4f6b-bb7a-19b0191d300b
  7. Is there a fix for the printer driver that has stopped my Brother Printer

Is there a fix for the printer driver that has stopped my Brother Printer: Since the update this weekend, my Brother DCP-330C has stopped working. Removing and reinstalling did not work. I tested the printer on a laptop and it works fine. The update has corrupted the driver. Is there a fix?...
  8. Unable to print using HP Envy 5530 printer

Unable to print using HP Envy 5530 printer: My HP Envy 5530 Wireless Printer has been working well and yesterday it stopped printing from my computer and I cannot fix the problem. I had moved and had purchased an Epson printer but had problems with it and reinstalled my HP Envy 5530 a couple of months ago and the...
  9. My HP Envy printer is not printing in black ink.

My HP Envy printer is not printing in black ink.: My HP Envy 5530 printer is not printing in black ink. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-hp-envy-printer-is-not-printing-in-black-ink/aed18bd1-cb10-4fff-bcd5-91a37eac1f99
  10. My hp envy 4520 printer stopped printing in color

My hp envy 4520 printer stopped printing in color: My HP Envy 4520 stopped printing in color. Everything prints in grayscale / monochrome. I've checked all the instructions on HP support and on Windows support, as far as I can tell. I've also changed the cartridge (using the right brand always), run troubleshooter, checked...