Windows 10: My new keyboard does not work with my PC and is not present in Device Manager

Discus and support My new keyboard does not work with my PC and is not present in Device Manager in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My new keyboard - Dark Project KD83A is not working on my PC. Other keyboards and usb devices work flawlessly on my PC, and the keyboard works with my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by kdyIE, Jun 9, 2023.

1. kdyIE Win User

My new keyboard does not work with my PC and is not present in Device Manager

My new keyboard - Dark Project KD83A is not working on my PC. Other keyboards and usb devices work flawlessly on my PC, and the keyboard works with my girlfriends pc and my macbook. When I connect the keyboard, control lights on it flash for a second just like on other PCs i tried it on, which means the keyboard gets power/signal, but then the keyboard backlight does not activate and the keyboard is not working, no new devices appear under either Keyboards or Human Interface Devices sections of Device Manager even with "Show hidden devices" on, I tried plugging it to every possible port, wit

:)

kdyIE, Jun 9, 2023

2. Device Manager Un-Hiding Hidden Devices

When you connect a plug and play device, Windows Plug and Play manager detects it, finds and installs the driver. Device Manager lists the device with a solid icon.

The driver is only removed when you uninstall the device, not simply by disconnecting the device. When the device is disconnected, its driver is still installed. By default, Device Manager only displays connected devices. When you show hidden devices, note the Bluetooth icon you see is semi-transparent (not opaque). That indicates a "non-present" device. Sometimes also called a "ghost" device. The driver is still installed but the device is not currently detected (i.e. not connected).

Device can be disconnected when
    • Device unplugged (e.g. removing a USB device)
    • Turning a device OFF
    • Disabling the device in BIOS (then windows won't detect it) or
    • Device failure

So
    • Check BIOS as suggested
    • Check board connections
    • Can b/t be turned off by a switch? or keyboard combination?
    Also possible the b/t h/w failed

ComputerGeek, Jun 9, 2023
  3. Jorge Tan Win User
    Keyboard Not working in Windows 10

Hi,

We would suggest you to update your keyboard driver. To update your keyboard driver, follow the steps below:

• Click the Start button, type "device manager" in the search box, and then select Device Manager.
    • In the list of hardware categories, look for Keyboards and then double-click it.
    • Click on the Keyboard tab and choose Update Driver, and then follow the instructions.

Let us know how it goes.

Jorge Tan, Jun 9, 2023
  4. Xylee Del Win User

Bluetooth device is shown as not present.

Hello Dominika,

Thank you for getting back to us. Since the issue still persists after following the steps on the article above, we'd like to know more. Kindly answer the following questions:

• Did you checked whether the Bluetooth device is listed under hidden devices in Device manager?
    • What is the make and model of your Bluetooth device?
    • Can you tell us the specific bluetooth devices that you're using on your Windows 10?
    • Have you checked whether the Bluetooth driver is listed under installed programs under Programs and features?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you check if the Bluetooth services is enabled by following the steps below:

• Press Windows + R keys on the keyboard, type services.msc and press OK.
    • Right click on Bluetooth Support service and select
      Restart.

• Right click on Bluetooth support service and select Properties
      and check if the startup type is Automatic.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Xylee Del, Jun 9, 2023
Thema:

1. My new keyboard does not work with my PC and is not present in Device Manager - Similar Threads - keyboard does present

2. The keyboard does not work and is not available in Device Manager or even a troubleshooter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The keyboard does not work and is not available in Device Manager or even a troubleshooter: Welcome My problem is that the keyboard is not working and it is not found in the driver manager or even the troubleshooter. I tried reinstalling the device and deleting everything. I tried the commands. SFC /SCANNOW CHKDSK Also some of them I don't remember all of them, by...
  3. The keyboard does not work and is not available in Device Manager or even a troubleshooter

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The keyboard does not work and is not available in Device Manager or even a troubleshooter: Welcome My problem is that the keyboard is not working and it is not found in the driver manager or even the troubleshooter. I tried reinstalling the device and deleting everything. I tried the commands. SFC /SCANNOW CHKDSK Also some of them I don't remember all of them, by...
  4. My new keyboard does not work with my PC and is not present in Device Manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My new keyboard does not work with my PC and is not present in Device Manager: My new keyboard - Dark Project KD83A is not working on my PC. Other keyboards and usb devices work flawlessly on my PC, and the keyboard works with my girlfriends pc and my macbook. When I connect the keyboard, control lights on it flash for a second just like on other PCs i...
  5. Touchpad is not working--This device is not present, is not working properly, or does not...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touchpad is not working--This device is not present, is not working properly, or does not...: When I go to device manager and find the Synaptics SMBus TouchPad, it gives me the error "This device is not present, is not working properly, or does not have all its drivers installed. Code 24". I have tried to update it, disable and then reenable it, uninstall it, turn off...
  6. Touchpad is not working--This device is not present, is not working properly, or does not...

Touchpad is not working--This device is not present, is not working properly, or does not...: When I go to device manager and find the Synaptics SMBus TouchPad, it gives me the error "This device is not present, is not working properly, or does not have all its drivers installed. Code 24". I have tried to update it, disable and then reenable it, uninstall it, turn off...
  7. Touchpad is not working--This device is not present, is not working properly, or does not...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. my keyboard does not work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my keyboard does not work: my keyboard does not work in a proper mannerand if i click on one it give the symbol !pls help me as soon as possibleandif i click on a app it opens a new window if i click two times and in sub topic is touch keyboard but its not i have given it bcz there is no inbuilt...
  9. my keyboard does not work

my keyboard does not work: my keyboard does not work in a proper mannerand if i click on one it give the symbol !pls help me as soon as possibleandif i click on a app it opens a new window if i click two times and in sub topic is touch keyboard but its not i have given it bcz there is no inbuilt...
  10. my keyboard does not work

in Windows 10 Customization