Windows 10: My new laptop does not have iTunes as a default VIDEO player app. Why not?

Discus and support My new laptop does not have iTunes as a default VIDEO player app. Why not? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have tried everything..but there is no iTunes listed in the default apps for video playback. I can play my videos fine within the iTunes library when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DonicaRO, May 16, 2019.

1. DonicaRO Win User

My new laptop does not have iTunes as a default VIDEO player app. Why not?

I have tried everything..but there is no iTunes listed in the default apps for video playback. I can play my videos fine within the iTunes library when I open it. But if I just search for a video on my computer, it opens with my Real Player device. I don't get it..my older laptop, which is only three years old, has it as an option. I have tried applying iTunes to each file extention, but still that does not work.

:)

DonicaRO, May 16, 2019
  2. Ninafel Win User

Change default app for CDs from Windows Media Player to iTunes?

In previous versions of Windows, it was easy to associate a file type with a different program from its default, but in Windows 10 I don't seem to be able to figure out how to get my CDs to open automatically in iTunes when I insert them in the drive. They keep opening in Windows Media Player, but I want to them to open in iTunes so the songs I choose will sync with my iPhone Music.

I have iTunes set as my default player--at least it appears that way under Default Apps--but it's not working in this instance. Normally, I would have simply gone to a list of file types and associated .wmv with iTunes, but I can't find out how to do that in Win10 no matter where I look.

Ninafel, May 16, 2019
  3. Unable to open videos and movies in Windows 10 default media player.

Hello,

For us to better assist you, we'd like to know the following:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    • Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    • Click OK.
    • What type of video file were you trying to open?
    • Were there any recent changes made prior to this issue?
    • Have you tried running the Windows App troubleshooter? This tool automatically diagnoses and repairs common issues that may prevent Windows Store Apps from working properly.

As a workaround, you can try to right-click on the video files and select
    Properties
    > Opens With: Change > select
    Windows Media Player.

Also, try to change the default app for opening video files to Windows Media Player. Refer to the steps below:

• Press Windows key + I, search for Default app settings and click on it.
    • Under Video player, click on the button and change to
      Windows Media Player.

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, May 16, 2019
  4. Jomel Ber Win User

video player

Hi Richard,

To address this query, if you've tried to set it as default Video Player under Settings and didn't work, we suggest that you try to set the third party Video Player through Control Panel. Here's how:

• Right-click the Start menu, then click Control Panel.
    • Select Programs.
    • Click Default Programs.
    • Under Choose the programs that Windows uses by default, select
      Set your default programs.
    • You'll see a list of programs on the left side of the screen. Choose the program you want to set as default, and click
      Set this program as default.
    • Click OK to save changes.

Also, you may try to restart your computer first to make sure your computer will recognize the installation of your app.

Update us on the result.

Regards.

Jomel Ber, May 16, 2019
Thema:

1. My new laptop does not have iTunes as a default VIDEO player app. Why not? - Similar Threads - laptop does iTunes

2. Why does my PC and laptop have no bluetooth?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my PC and laptop have no bluetooth?: How do i fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-my-pc-and-laptop-have-no-bluetooth/7863e047-40be-4ef5-a1ef-390ac79fa7b3
  3. Why does my PC and laptop have no bluetooth?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does my PC and laptop have no bluetooth?: How do i fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-my-pc-and-laptop-have-no-bluetooth/7863e047-40be-4ef5-a1ef-390ac79fa7b3
  4. Why does my PC keep pausing every video and audio player randomly?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my PC keep pausing every video and audio player randomly?: Ok so every single video and audio player like spotify, youtube, netflix etc. keep pausing randomly. Sometimes it plays perfectly with no interruptions for hours and sometimes it pauses instantly after resuming and keeps doing it for a while. I have tried repairing my audio...
  5. I am unable to change default cd player to itunes

I am unable to change default cd player to itunes: I am unable to change to default player to itunes. I have tried all ways shown but windows medial player continues to open when I insert a disc...
  6. why video player not functioning

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    why video player not functioning: we have problem for activationof window https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-video-player-not-functioning/7a5634f4-32ac-44d6-8006-a9cea07fd614
  7. Photos App does not have video editor

Photos App does not have video editor: Hi, The Photos app in my new Surface Pro 7 device does not have the video editor. How do I get the video editor back to my app? Windows version: Windows 10 Home 10.0.18363 Build 18363 Microsoft Photos 2019.18114.19418.0 Thanks....
  8. Why Does my Default App Revert Back to MS Default?

Why Does my Default App Revert Back to MS Default?: I changed my .pdf default to PDFComplete, and it reverts back to IE often. My guess is it happens every time MS does an update to my Win10 Pro (v 1803 Build 17134.706). Any thoughts on how to prevent this in the future? Running on HP Compaq Pro 6300 SFF 131330
  9. Cant change the default video player

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cant change the default video player: Hey guys, can someone help me? I cant change the default video player to MPC-HC it automattically reverts to Windows media player. [ATTACH] [ATTACH] It wont change the default program and the videos still open with windows media player...
  10. Change default app for CDs from Windows Media Player to iTunes?

Change default app for CDs from Windows Media Player to iTunes?: In previous versions of Windows, it was easy to associate a file type with a different program from its default, but in Windows 10 I don't seem to be able to figure out how to get my CDs to open automatically in iTunes when I insert them in the drive. They keep opening in...