Windows 10: My new laptop is lagging since the day of Purchase

Discus and support My new laptop is lagging since the day of Purchase in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I've brought an HP Notebook - 15-bs662tu with windows 10 pre-installed 5 months ago. Since the day of purchase, it's lagging. I've registered a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by sho3bomb, Jan 7, 2019.

1. sho3bomb Win User

My new laptop is lagging since the day of Purchase

I've brought an HP Notebook - 15-bs662tu with windows 10 pre-installed 5 months ago. Since the day of purchase, it's lagging. I've registered a complaint at HP's end but according to them, the hardware is running fine and I might need to reinstall Win 10 in it for which they are charging me extra bucks. It is really not legit to pay for the same thing once again.

I'm still confused that what should I do as the warranty will be expired and I'll be discontinued from their service support soon.

Please Help me solve regarding this issue. I haven't properly used my laptop for 5 months and I regret this purchase of pre-installed OS on my laptop. It's really frustrating. My new laptop is lagging since the day of Purchase :(

:)

sho3bomb, Jan 7, 2019
  2. Jose Est Win User

Random lag spikes

Hi,

We would like to know more about your lag issue:

• What browser are you using when you experience a lag?
    • Does the lag occur in a particular game?

In the meantime, we suggest you run the System Maintenance troubleshooter. Here are the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • On the left pane, click on View All.
    • Click on System Maintenance to run the troubleshooter.

Looking forward to your response.

Jose Est, Jan 7, 2019
  3. My new laptop is lagging

I've bought a new laptop (Lenovo Thinkpad P52s, without OS) and installed Windows 10 on it, I've also installed all drivers recommeded by Lenovo.
    But I recognized some weird problems:

• Scrolling via touchpad doesn't work sometimes, but mouse movements and clicking are working
    • Mouse is lagging sometimes (e. g. opening the Snipping Tools is enough)
    • Some Windows Effects are lagging or even stucking (after creating a file via context menu the entry I clicked on remains on the screen… I've fixed it by disabling the fading out effect there)
    • Fortnite is lagging on low to middle graphics
    • Command line processes are hanging (e. g. python programs or node.js programs), they resume to work when I press Ctrl + C
    • I can't open Windows Store, it's closing directly while opening

I didn't have ANY of those problems with my four years old laptop, which is significantly worse regarding to the specs. So I suspect a connection between these problems.

The device manger doesn't show any problems, and build-in troubleshooting doesn't recognize any problems as well.

Any idea where this kind of problems could come from?

ScientiaEtVeritas, Jan 7, 2019
  4. My new laptop is lagging since the day of Purchase

EVGA GTX 2xx series Reinbursement Service

XFX started it and Evga is doing the same. Evga is starting its own reinbursement program for those who bought the Evga 2xx series when they first came out. All you have to do is follow a few steps.

• Must be a new purchase from an authorized EVGA reseller. Step-ups do not qualify.
    • You have 14 days to register and upload a qualified invoice to claim your EVGA Bucks.
    • Only customers who purhased the EVGA GTX 280 or GTX 260 at the full Manufactured Suggested Reatil Price (MSRP) will qualify for the Reimbursement Program.
    • If between June 16th and July 7th you purchased an:
    • EVGA GTX 260 you will receive $75.00 in EVGA Bucks* or $60.00 Cash Back
    • EVGA GTX 280 you will receive $150.00 in EVGA Bucks* or $125.00 Cash Back
    The only thing this doesn't cover is the Step-up program. I'm fine with that because I got the price cut anyway. I just hope to get the card by this weekend if not early next week. I have a itch to bench. *Rockout :rockout:

Source: EVGA

Cold Storm, Jan 7, 2019
Thema:

My new laptop is lagging since the day of Purchase

1. My new laptop is lagging since the day of Purchase - Similar Threads - laptop lagging since

2. Microphone not working since new purchase

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone not working since new purchase: I own a Dell G15 12th gen i5 which I bought about two months ago as my work laptop and since the beginning the microphone does not seem to be working. It does not pick sound at all. Unfortunately I realized it after having transferred all my files/programs from the old laptop...
  3. Microphone not working since new purchase

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microphone not working since new purchase: I own a Dell G15 12th gen i5 which I bought about two months ago as my work laptop and since the beginning the microphone does not seem to be working. It does not pick sound at all. Unfortunately I realized it after having transferred all my files/programs from the old laptop...
  4. Laptop freezing problem since day 1.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop freezing problem since day 1.: So I have a laptop with mediocre specs 4 GB RAM, 1 TB HDD and a clock speed of 2.3 GHz. I had ordered it online. It freezes a lot and until I shut it downwhich takes a lot of time since it's frozen, it won't be normal again. Sometimes, I do not have the time to do this and I...
  5. Laptop freezing problem since day 1.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop freezing problem since day 1.: So I have a laptop with mediocre specs 4 GB RAM, 1 TB HDD and a clock speed of 2.3 GHz. I had ordered it online. It freezes a lot and until I shut it downwhich takes a lot of time since it's frozen, it won't be normal again. Sometimes, I do not have the time to do this and I...
  6. New Lenovo Laptop lags

New Lenovo Laptop lags: Hi everyone, My new laptop (lenovo l340-15irh, intel i5-9300h, 8gb ram, 256gb m2 nvme, gtx 1650) lags a lot. For example, when i open chrome, it takes almost a second and meanwhile mouse poonter gets stuck, same when i open the notification centre, or any other app, or even...
  7. problems since i purchased this laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
    problems since i purchased this laptop: since i have purchased this HP laptop ive had nothing but problems..it wont let me use the programs I want...I have gone into apps and tell it to use certain settings and it gives me so many problems....everything I try does not work...I need a person to speak with and not a...
  8. Purchased a new Dell Laptop.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Purchased a new Dell Laptop.: Hello, I originally signed up for Microsoft 365 a few years back. Added my wife to use additional account. She purchased a new pc yesterday. She used my user account and outlook email, psassword etc.. So the question i have is can i remove my info from her pc and add her...
  9. Brand New Computer... BSOD multiple times every day since its purchase.

Brand New Computer... BSOD multiple times every day since its purchase.: Hey all. Normally I'd consider myself pretty computer literate, but for the life of me I can't figure out what the problem is here. Maybe someone can help me. I have a brand new computer made by a local company. Actually two identical-in-every-way computers, one for myself...
  10. Sluggish laptop since a couple of days

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Sluggish laptop since a couple of days: In a matter of weeks, both my laptops have become slow. First, my Z20t that became completely unworkable and had to reinstall it. And now my X220T is experiencing similar problems. Not as bad as the Z20t (I'm sure it helps that it has an i5 instead of an m5 CPU), but I can...