Windows 10: My new Laptop is running Windows 11. All files have been put in OneDrive.

Discus and support My new Laptop is running Windows 11. All files have been put in OneDrive. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; All of my files have been sent to OneDrive. When I try to move one back to my PC I get the message that if I delete the file from OneDrive, it will... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Kess2448, Jan 14, 2022.

1. Kess2448 Win User

My new Laptop is running Windows 11. All files have been put in OneDrive.

All of my files have been sent to OneDrive. When I try to move one back to my PC I get the message that if I delete the file from OneDrive, it will automatically be deleted from my PC. How to I stop OneDrive from doing this? I tried to change settings from syncing certain files to OneDrive but it doesn't work. As soon as I open my program, I get a message that the files are being synced. I have found several commands that should work but don't in Windows 11 but I really want to stop this sync problem.

:)

Kess2448, Jan 14, 2022

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Jan 14, 2022
  3. Drone Win User
    Windows 8 Clubhouse

Windows 10 Build 9879 released (last update for 2014).

New features:

1) a checkbox menu option where you can turn off/on Task View and Search icons in the toolbar (I got rid of them XD)

My new Laptop is running Windows 11.  All files have been put in OneDrive. windows-10-toolbar-options-large-100530292-large.png

2) simplified OneDrive experience

W10 will now use what MS calls selective sync, where you'll need to specify what's saved to your PC, and what MS keeps in its OneDrive cloud. MS appears to be killing OneDrive app, allowing users access to OneDrive strictly through the File Explorer. (fuck yeah!)

My new Laptop is running Windows 11.  All files have been put in OneDrive. [​IMG]

3) 5 new three-finger gestures to swipe through Windows 10's UI

• 3 fingers up launches Task View
    • 3 fingers down to Show Desktop
    • 3 fingers flick to left/right to switch to previous app (go back 1)
    • 3 fingers move left/right: Alt-Tab (Task View) pops up, and you can select the app you want (remove fingers to select)
    • 3-finger tap: Search
    4) Snap Assist works across multiple monitors

5) New IE that utilizes Edge rendering engine, designed for improved compatibility with the various sites on the Web.

6) MKV container support!!! Users can now play MKV files directly from Windows Media Player, including desktop and modern apps), along with proper thumbnail images and MKV support.

Drone, Jan 14, 2022
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Sync files in OneDrive from one laptop to another laptop

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand that you want to sync files in OneDrive from old laptop to a new laptop. Since you have already signed in to the OneDrive app, I suggest you to refer the section
    If you already have an account signed in to OneDrive in the article

Sync files with the OneDrive sync client in Windows

If the issue persists, I suggest you to get in touch with the OneDrive support team. Follow the below steps to contact the OneDrive support team.

Sign in to OneDrive.com from any browser, click the ‘?’ help icon on the top banner of the page and select
    Email OneDrive support. Submit your question and follow the prompts to request support.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jan 14, 2022
Thema:

1. My new Laptop is running Windows 11. All files have been put in OneDrive. - Similar Threads - Laptop running files

2. OneDrive is asking if I want to remove all the files from OneDrive that I put in my trash

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive is asking if I want to remove all the files from OneDrive that I put in my trash: Hello,I'm very confused. I deleted and disposed of all my Bookmarks and Favorites from my Firefox browser, about 250 files, and immediately afterwards a yellow exclamation point, or warning icon, showed up on the OneDrive icon located on my taskbar.When I pressed on it, a red...
  3. OneDrive is asking if I want to remove all the files from OneDrive that I put in my trash

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive is asking if I want to remove all the files from OneDrive that I put in my trash: Hello,I'm very confused. I deleted and disposed of all my Bookmarks and Favorites from my Firefox browser, about 250 files, and immediately afterwards a yellow exclamation point, or warning icon, showed up on the OneDrive icon located on my taskbar.When I pressed on it, a red...
  4. OneDrive deleted all my files.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive deleted all my files.: So.. i am about to reinstall windows, and i wanted to backup some files from my PC to the cloud, so i figured i'd give Onedrive a go. They use it at work, it works well it seems, should be fine i think. I download it, setup a microsoft account for the first time ever and then...
  5. OneDrive deleted all my files.

OneDrive deleted all my files.: So.. i am about to reinstall windows, and i wanted to backup some files from my PC to the cloud, so i figured i'd give Onedrive a go. They use it at work, it works well it seems, should be fine i think. I download it, setup a microsoft account for the first time ever and then...
  6. how do i transfer all my files to new laptop with windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i transfer all my files to new laptop with windows 11: how do i transfer my files from windows 8.1 to new laptop with windows 11? im a 60yr old homaker know verry little about computer s but can cook a mean pot rost!...
  7. how do i transfer all my files to new laptop with windows 11

how do i transfer all my files to new laptop with windows 11: how do i transfer my files from windows 8.1 to new laptop with windows 11? im a 60yr old homaker know verry little about computer s but can cook a mean pot rost!...
  8. My new Laptop is running Windows 11. All files have been put in OneDrive.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My new Laptop is running Windows 11. All files have been put in OneDrive.: All of my files have been sent to OneDrive. When I try to move one back to my PC I get the message that if I delete the file from OneDrive, it will automatically be deleted from my PC. How to I stop OneDrive from doing this? I tried to change settings from syncing certain...
  9. Onedrive not showing all files on new computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Onedrive not showing all files on new computer: my old computer shows 246 files on my onedrive and my new computer is only showing 139. There are files missing when I look for them. How do I get all of them to sync to my new computer?...
  10. Onedrive deleted all my files

Onedrive deleted all my files: Why onedrive deleted all my files? I had 20 mp3 on my hard disk after i restarted my pc onedrive deleted all of them and put in trash bin. Any help? 13073