Windows 10: My new Lenovo laptop running Windows 10 won't Restart

Discus and support My new Lenovo laptop running Windows 10 won't Restart in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm learning to use my new Lenovo Touch Screen laptop running Windows 10. I've been signing up for various apps. After I signed up for SHAREit, the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Bsuest, Feb 27, 2016.

1. Bsuest Win User

My new Lenovo laptop running Windows 10 won't Restart

I'm learning to use my new Lenovo Touch Screen laptop running Windows 10. I've been signing up for various apps. After I signed up for SHAREit, the opening screen of the app froze on my desktop. I could continue to use the computer as before, but the SHAREit opening screen continued to be "stuck" on my desktop. There was no way to close it...no x in the upper right corner. I decided to Restart my computer hoping it would go away. I clicked on the Start Menu and Restart. I'm not sure if the computer turned off. Right now, the power is on, but my screen is black. I'm not sure what happened or what I need to do to get it back up and running. I'm going from many years on a Mac to a pc with Windows 10. It's been a huge learning curve, but it's been coming along nicely, one day at a time, and now this.

:)

Bsuest, Feb 27, 2016
  2. Dan_AI4GK Win User

Low Battery Shut Down Lenovo During Windows 10 Updates

Lenovo laptop with Win 10 upgrade hadn't been turned on for a while. My customer started it up and it began doing the Windows updates. She didn't realize that the laptop was unplugged, and the laptop ran low on battery power. She plugged it in and restarted.
    Now it won't go past the Lenovo screen. There isn't a rescue drive. Any recommendations?

Dan_AI4GK, Feb 27, 2016
  3. dep-h Win User
    USB support not functioning with 3.0

In Windows 10 - Lanier SP100e Printer installation problem. I have downloaded Universal driver for Lanier printer which worked with 4yr old Lenovo laptop with Win7, now with Lenovo
    B4130 14" and Win 10, I have Lanier printer installation problem. Error msg after trouble shoot is 'USB Support cannot function with 3.0' Is this why the new Lenovo won't run the Lanier printer?

dep-h, Feb 27, 2016
  4. b1rd Win User

Hi Bsuest,

If you re-boot your computer, do you seen anything that would allow you to access your BIOS? IE: Maybe F2 or Del?

Also, take a look at the below link in reference to some advanced recovery options and see if ther's anything there that you think might help.

Advanced Startup Options - Boot to in Windows 10

5. Bsuest Win User
    B1rd, Thank-you for the reply. I'm afraid you're a little over my head. Fortunately, while I was googling on my iPad, trying to figure out what to do, my computer came to life.

Bsuest, Feb 29, 2016
  6. b1rd Win User
    Hi Bsuest,

Just to confirm, your system is working ok now? If needed, I'll be happy to clarify things in more of a step-by-step post.

b1rd, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. My new Lenovo laptop running Windows 10 won't Restart - Similar Threads - Lenovo laptop running

2. Lenovo laptop with Windows 10 won't boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Lenovo laptop with Windows 10 won't boot: We have a Lenovo Z710 that has been running W10 for several years, with the periodic updates. It has not booted for the past couple weeks. Normal power on slowly gives a "preparing automatic repair" message. Start-up with the novo button gets it to the novo menu normal...
  3. Lenovo laptop with Windows 10 won't boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lenovo laptop with Windows 10 won't boot: We have a Lenovo Z710 that has been running W10 for several years, with the periodic updates. It has not booted for the past couple weeks. Normal power on slowly gives a "preparing automatic repair" message. Start-up with the novo button gets it to the novo menu normal...
  4. Lenovo laptop with Windows 10 won't boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. My lenovo laptop won't turn on

My lenovo laptop won't turn on: Hi everyoneMy lenovo laptop won't turn on when i press the power button and i have to reboot it every time in order to turn it onWhat is cause of the problem?I reboot my laptop with pinhole...
  6. My lenovo laptop won't turn on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My lenovo laptop won't turn on: Hi everyoneMy lenovo laptop won't turn on when i press the power button and i have to reboot it every time in order to turn it onWhat is cause of the problem?I reboot my laptop with pinhole...
  7. My lenovo laptop won't turn on

My lenovo laptop won't turn on: Hi everyone My lenovo laptop won't turn on when i press the power button and i have to reboot it every time in order to turn it onWhat is cause of the problem?...
  8. Lenovo introduces new Yoga consumer laptops running Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Lenovo introduces new Yoga consumer laptops running Windows 10: Lenovo has introduced its latest lineup of Yoga consumer laptops, designed for bingeing videos, enjoying summer’s hottest tunes or creating content in a fully-equipped multimedia experience. You’ll find in them powerful Windows 10 performance and a...
  9. Windows update - Lenovo won't restart

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update - Lenovo won't restart: HI All, I have an old LENOVE all in one pc, which up to yesterday afternoon was working fine. I received a Windows update notification and allowed the update. I left the PC to do its thing and returned about 3 hours later to see nothing on the screen except the Lenovo logo....
  10. horspot connection to my lenovo laptop running windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    horspot connection to my lenovo laptop running windows 10: I can not hotspot from my iPhone xr to new Lenovo laptop Ideapad running windows 10. In network settings the hotspot icon is grayed out. I can connect to hotspot and change settings if I am already on a wifi connection. Not sure what help that is....