Windows 10: My new Lenovo Yoga laptop camera shows black screen

Discus and support My new Lenovo Yoga laptop camera shows black screen in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; When I access my laptop camera and try to do video or take a pic all I see is a black screen. I've looked at Privacy settings and they all seem good.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by LoriCaudill, Mar 14, 2019 at 2:03 PM.

1. My new Lenovo Yoga laptop camera shows black screen

When I access my laptop camera and try to do video or take a pic all I see is a black screen. I've looked at Privacy settings and they all seem good. The camera is not blocked. Help!

:)

2. LapTop 2017 Lenovo Yoga 14

What account? Where?

Don

3. Chino Win User
    Lenovo Reveals the Yoga 730 and Yoga 530 2-in-1 Laptops with Alexa Support

At MWC this year, Lenovo announced two new additions to their Yoga line of laptops. The Yoga 730 comes in 13-inch and 15-inch models while the Yoga 530 is only available in the 14-inch flavor. They feature up to Intel's latest 8th Gen Intel Core i7 processor with the Yoga 730 having the option of coming with a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 discrete graphics card. Apart from conventional input methods, consumers can also interact with the Yoga 730 through voice since it comes with built-in Alexa support. The integrated far-field microphone allows Alexa and Cortana to listen and respond to the user with relative ease.

The Yoga 730 is equipped with a UHD IPS touchscreen display while the Yoga 530 is fitted with a FHD IPS touchscreen. Lenovo is also offering the optional Active Pen 2 with up to 4096 levels of sensitivity for those users who love to write, draw, or jot down notes on their laptops. The new Yoga laptops are thinner and lighter than ever too. The 15-inch Yoga 730 comes in at 1.89 kg and the 13-inch model at 1.12 kg. The 14-inch Yoga 530 weighs 1.6 kg. The 13-inch Yoga 730 with Lenovo Active Pen 2 included starts at €999 (VAT included) and the 15-inch model with Lenovo Active Pen 2 included starts at €1,099 (VAT included). The 14-inch Yoga 530 costs around €549 (VAT included). All three models should be available soon on www.lenovo.com and select retailers.

My new Lenovo Yoga laptop camera shows black screen l2KOmPWZAW0p9o7k_thm.jpg

My new Lenovo Yoga laptop camera shows black screen bOvyNKhVGPsC4uz3_thm.jpg

My new Lenovo Yoga laptop camera shows black screen Xox6PEJxH83eAnn9_thm.jpg

Lenovo Yoga 730 13-inch model specifications
    • 13.3 inch touchscreen display (1920 x 1080 IPS or 3840 x 2160 IPS)
    • Up to 8th-gen Intel Core i7
    • Intel HD graphics
    • 4GB/8GB/16GB RAM options
    • 128GB/256GB/512GB PCIe SSD options
    • Up to 11.5 hours battery life (FHD or 4K display)
    • 802.11ac WiFi
    • 2 Thunderbolt 3/USB-C ports
    • 1 USB 3.0 Type-A port
    • 3.5mm audio jack
    • 12.1" x 8.5" x 0.6"
    • 2.5 pounds
    Lenovo Yoga 730 15-inch model specifications
    • 15.6 inch touchscreen display (1920 x 1080 IPS or 3840 x 2160 IPS)
    • Optional NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 graphics
    • 8GB/16GB RAM options (8GB DDR4 + 8GB DIMM)
    • 256GB/512GB/1TB PCIe SSD options
    • Up to 9 hours of battery life (4K) or 11 hours of battery life (FHD)
    • 802.11ac WiFi
    • 1 Thunderbolt 3/USB Type-C port
    • 2 USB 3.0 Type-A ports
    • HDMI
    • 3.5mm audio jack
    • 14.2" x 9,8" x 0.7"
    • 4.2 pounds
    Lenovo Yoga 530 specifications
    • 14 inch display (1366 x 768 touchscreen or 1920 x 1080 IPS touchscreen)
    • Optional NVIDIA GeForce MX130 graphics
    • 4GB/8GB/16GB RAM options
    • 128GB/256GB/512GB PCIe SSD options
    • Up to 10 hours battery life
    • 802.11ac WiFi
    • 2 USB 3.0 Type-A ports
    • 1 USB 3.0 Type-C port
    • SD card reader
    • HDMI
    • 3.5mm audio
    • 12.9" x 9" x 0.7"
    • 3.5 pounds

4. My new Lenovo Yoga laptop camera shows black screen

black screen Win 10 on Lenovo Yoga 900 laptop

At random during use, my screen periodically goes black with a small line of text that floats about - There are no pictures in C:\Users\kathl\Desktop\New Folder

"kathl" is my username for Lenovo Yoga laptop.

The desktop restores with move of the mouse or touch of a key.

But then a couple minutes later, will happen again.

Doesn't matter whether online or working in a document.

All settings are on "no sleep"

I have spent time on phone with Lenovo, said they solved it, but problem persists.

Can anyone help?

KathleenHaynes, Mar 14, 2019 at 2:09 PM
Thema:

My new Lenovo Yoga laptop camera shows black screen

1. My new Lenovo Yoga laptop camera shows black screen - Similar Threads - Lenovo Yoga laptop

2. Flashing screen on Lenovo Yoga 2 laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Flashing screen on Lenovo Yoga 2 laptop: Hi, I bought my LENOVO Yoga 2 with Windows 8.1, then one year later I upgraded it with Windows 10. When the battery is running low (50%) the screen starts to blink and then finish to stay black. When the laptop is plugged on AC, this does not happens. Is it a Windows 10...
  3. skype no longer detects the built in camera on my lenovo yoga 500

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    skype no longer detects the built in camera on my lenovo yoga 500: running win 10 Version 10.0.17763 Build 17763 skype previously worked fine with the Lenovo easy cam which is built into the device but now it doesnt detect it when I try to configure the camera in skype. im not sure if this issue was caused by the introduductuion of...
  4. I have a Lenovo Yoga 520 laptop

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I have a Lenovo Yoga 520 laptop: my fingerprint reader has stopped working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-a-lenovo-yoga-520-laptop/997406b9-f802-49f5-bc75-2d255822269a
  5. Touch screen Lenovo yoga

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Touch screen Lenovo yoga: Can anyone help me pleeaaaasssee….when I start up my Lenovo yoga it asks me for my pin password etc but no keyboard appears on screen meaning I have to revert to the normal keyboard.... Trivial I know but soooooo annoying Any suggestions????...
  6. Camera in MSI laptop has Black screen.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Camera in MSI laptop has Black screen.: The camera in my new MSI GV62 BRC turns on, but only shows a black screen. Looking for helpful information as this problem is very frustrating....
  7. Laptop webcam shows only a black screen in Camera / Skype apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop webcam shows only a black screen in Camera / Skype apps: So I just got a new laptop (MSI GE73 8RF) and noticed that the webcam doesn't seem to show any image in apps, only shows a black screen. The weird thing is it works perfectly fine on sites like www.onlinemictest.com/webcam-test/ but not on any of the Windows apps. Skype also...
  8. Lenovo Yoga 720's camera shows error code 0xA00F4292 <PhotoCaptureStartTimeout>

Lenovo Yoga 720's camera shows error code 0xA00F4292 <PhotoCaptureStartTimeout>: My camera app shows a blank screen and shows the error code :error code 0xA00F4292 <PhotoCaptureStartTimeout> device manager says the device is working properly...
  9. Lenovo Yoga Book 2: The new dual-screen Windows 10 laptop

in Windows 10 News
    Lenovo Yoga Book 2: The new dual-screen Windows 10 laptop: Lenovo in 2016 launched the first Windows 10 laptop with dual-screen. The laptop featured a digital keyboard, which was entirely a touch panel. In other words, Lenovo replaced the traditional mechanical keyboard with a pressure-sensitive touch keyboard “Create Pad”. The Halo...
  10. Asus camera shows black screen

Asus camera shows black screen: when ever I try to open camera I find black screen I tried different programs and it's the same laptop came with windows 10 pre installed I have ASUS ROG GL552JX laptop USB2.0 HD UVC WebCam Hardware IDs : USB\VID_04F2&PID_B424&REV_6969&MI_00...