Windows 10: my new monitor is not recognized by pc

Discus and support my new monitor is not recognized by pc in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I’ve bought a monitor MSI g27c2 but my computer does not recognise it. Any ideas?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by NicoleMoultrie, Apr 5, 2019.

1. my new monitor is not recognized by pc

I’ve bought a monitor MSI g27c2 but my computer does not recognise it. Any ideas?

:)

NicoleMoultrie, Apr 5, 2019

2. Laptop suddenly stopped recognizing the external monitor

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, I would like to ask if the laptop is unable to recognize only the external monitor or other external devices also.

I suggest you to run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Click on the Start button, and type “Troubleshooting” on the search bar.
    • Click on “Hardware and Devices”.
    • A pop-up will appear, click on the “Next” button and your hardware troubleshooting will start.

Hope the information is helpful. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Apr 5, 2019
  3. NEW Windows 10 install, not recognizing 2nd Monitor or setting correct resolution

I just installed a Windows 10 (Creator's Edition) on a NEW SSD to my HP xw4600 Workstation. Below are the problems I'm experiencing:

• The OS hasn't recognized the fact I have 2 monitors.
      • From Display Settings the Detect function can't
        find the 2nd monitor
      • Both monitors show same content

From the Device Manager I've removed Device and now it is showing Generic PnP Monitor
    as Working Properly.

Additionally, neither screen is displaying at the proper resolution. Dell U2211H (1920 x 1080).

• Display Settings has the screen set to 1024 x 768
    • The highest avaiable option is 1280 x 1024
    • Advanced Display Settings is not listed as an option
    • Cannot extend the desktop
    • Windows + P indicates Your PC cannot project another PC try reinstalling the driver or using a different video card

The current card installed is a ATI FirePro V5600. After visiting the manufacturers website and not finding a driver listed for this card for Win10 I found a tool to remove the device, its driver, and all associated registry entries to let
    Windows install it's Display Adapter which the Device Manager is now indicating is
    Working Properly.

None of the steps of taken thus far has had a positive effect. I'm at a loss...what do I need to do to correct these issues?

Thank you.

MichaelRubens, Apr 5, 2019
  4. my new monitor is not recognized by pc

new monitor type not recognized

I bought a new Dell monitor but my computer wont recognize the changed monitor. It shows it as a Non-PnP Monitor. I tried powering it down with no success. I uninstalled the driver, with no success. I don't know what to try at this point

Dave Beaujon, Apr 5, 2019
Thema:

my new monitor is not recognized by pc

1. my new monitor is not recognized by pc - Similar Threads - monitor recognized

2. How to get Windows 10 to recognize a new monitor driver?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get Windows 10 to recognize a new monitor driver?: I have a Dell Optiplex 380, and I just installed a new Acer 202Q monitor. The resolution showing is 1024 x 768. The resolution on the monitor shows it goes up to 1600 x 900. I downloaded the Acer driver file, which consists of a .cat, .icm, and .inf file. When I went to the...
  3. How to get Windows 10 to recognize a new monitor driver?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to get Windows 10 to recognize a new monitor driver?: I have a Dell Optiplex 380, and I just installed a new Acer 202Q monitor. The resolution showing is 1024 x 768. The resolution on the monitor shows it goes up to 1600 x 900. I downloaded the Acer driver file, which consists of a .cat, .icm, and .inf file. When I went to the...
  4. How to get Windows 10 to recognize a new monitor driver?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. My pc suddenly stopped recognizing my tv as a monitor?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pc suddenly stopped recognizing my tv as a monitor?: I’d been using my tv as my PCs monitor for months with no problems then last night i had to take the DVD player out of it because the person I got the pic from had said it was just a player and not a burner and I had gotten one that was a burner and went to install it but...
  6. My pc suddenly stopped recognizing my tv as a monitor?

My pc suddenly stopped recognizing my tv as a monitor?: I’d been using my tv as my PCs monitor for months with no problems then last night i had to take the DVD player out of it because the person I got the pic from had said it was just a player and not a burner and I had gotten one that was a burner and went to install it but...
  7. Is anyone else having issues recognizing an external monitor after the most recent Windows...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is anyone else having issues recognizing an external monitor after the most recent Windows...: My computer is no longer recognizing any external monitors, regardless of whether I use an HDMI or a usb-c adapter. This seemed to happen after I ran a Windows update on 1/2/2024. Any help would be appreciated...
  8. Is anyone else having issues recognizing an external monitor after the most recent Windows...

Is anyone else having issues recognizing an external monitor after the most recent Windows...: My computer is no longer recognizing any external monitors, regardless of whether I use an HDMI or a usb-c adapter. This seemed to happen after I ran a Windows update on 1/2/2024. Any help would be appreciated...
  9. Is anyone else having issues recognizing an external monitor after the most recent Windows...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. Windows 11 can't recognize second monitor

Windows 11 can't recognize second monitor: When I connect my monitor Lenovo Thinkvision 1920x1200 to my laptop HP 840 G6, Windows 11 it makes the connection sound and the screen even makes some kind of animation where it briefly shrinks but windows doesn't detect the monitor and so it doesn't turn on....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. i ihave an isignia monitor and withwindows 10 it is recognizing it

2. windows 10 not recognizing new monitor

3. new monitor not detected

4. windows not detected new monitor,
  5. new monitor arent recognized,
  6. new monitor not recognized