Windows 10: My new Pc doesnt respond to power options

Discus and support My new Pc doesnt respond to power options in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I had to buy a new license as Windows 10 download wouldn't work on new Pc hardware. Now pc wont sleep when set to do so,how do I rectify this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by rogervansteeden, Nov 10, 2015.

1. My new Pc doesnt respond to power options

I had to buy a new license as Windows 10 download wouldn't work on new Pc hardware. Now pc wont sleep when set to do so,how do I rectify this

Motherboard Asus x99 Deluxe u3.1
    Intel i7 5820k cpu 3.3 Ghz
    16.0 Gb

:)

rogervansteeden, Nov 10, 2015

2. Im unable to use any internet connection and the name of the wifi network has changed to wifi 2

The problem is new and i dont know how it happen, i havent installed or uninstalled any network device, i tryed to activate the network but it doesnt seem to work, it just doesnt respond and my pc doesnt seem to find the problem (I have windows 10 and
    i havent changed it in the past)

MartinRios Juarez, Nov 10, 2015
  3. My new lumia 920 is locked or turned off and doesnt respond when i push the botton. What do i do?

My new lumia 920 is locked or turned off and doesnt respond when i push the botton. What do i do?

all i did was to Lock it, and then i couldnt open it Again. It simply doesnt respond

EmilGarder, Nov 10, 2015
  4. spapakons Win User

My new Pc doesnt respond to power options

Click on the search icon, type power. Click Edit power plan and then Advanced power settings. Expand sleep, then Allow wake timers and set it to disable. Try to put it to sleep again to see if it works. Of course you must have all drivers installed, if anything is missing or has a problem it may prevent the computer from entering sleep mode. Search for device and click to open Device Manager. There should not be any unknown device or anything with a yellow mark etc.

spapakons, Nov 10, 2015
  5. Unfortunately this hasn't worked is there anything else I can do ?

rogervansteeden, Nov 13, 2015
  6. spapakons Win User
    Try downloading and installing the chipset drivers from manufacturer (not Windows Update).

spapakons, Nov 13, 2015
  7. larrymcg Win User
    My new Hp desktop came with Win 10 installed and sleep worked fine. But after the big update came sleep quit working: would not sleep when it was supposed to and if you forced it to sleep it would wake up fairly soon (sometimes in less than a minute).
    I have made the following changes and now sleep seems pretty reliable:

1. Did what Spapakons suggested last week but that didn't help: Disable "Allow wake timers" in Sleep in Advanced Power Settings.

2. Using Device Manager, accessed Power Management tabs for LAN (ethernet) controller and WiFi Controller. Disabled the option to allow the device to wake the computer. I also disabled the option to allow the system to turn off power to the controllers to save power (since this is a desktop PC) -- I suspect that this was not necessary.

Sleep seems fine now.

-- Larry

larrymcg, Nov 21, 2015
  8. mtrawczy Win User

This worked for me. Also if you have the Realtek HD audio driver it may be that it was a problem for me in win 7 and win 8 I use the MS HD audio driver works well with 5.1 surround sys.

mtrawczy, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. My new Pc doesnt respond to power options - Similar Threads - doesnt respond power

2. My PC doesnt respond

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC doesnt respond: So i moved into a new Place and now I can start my PC but i cant do anything. I tryed to open settings to adjust my screens but it didnt open. So I tryed to restart it but it just opens the panel with and when I click on restart nothing happens. Now when I try to alt f4 the...
  3. My PC doesnt respond

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My PC doesnt respond: So i moved into a new Place and now I can start my PC but i cant do anything. I tryed to open settings to adjust my screens but it didnt open. So I tryed to restart it but it just opens the panel with and when I click on restart nothing happens. Now when I try to alt f4 the...
  4. my computer doesnt respond

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my computer doesnt respond: I recently got Windows 11 and it has been extremely buggy. my mouse doesn't work when I'm using an app, it only works on the taskbar. the system doesn't even load fully. I tried several solutions and restarted several times but it still doesn't work, what should I do?...
  5. my computer doesnt respond

my computer doesnt respond: I recently got Windows 11 and it has been extremely buggy. my mouse doesn't work when I'm using an app, it only works on the taskbar. the system doesn't even load fully. I tried several solutions and restarted several times but it still doesn't work, what should I do?...
  6. new secondary HDD not responding to power options

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    new secondary HDD not responding to power options: Hi all. I got a new computer in October 2019. It's an HP Pavilion gaming desktop PC. It has a solid state drive as the primary drive and a 1 TB HDD as the secondary drive. A few weeks ago I starting noticing a light clicking noise coming from the secondary drive. I decided to...
  7. PC power options not working.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC power options not working.: PC will not sleep automatically, monitor won't shut off, screen saver won't activate automatically. Power options are set to balanced. Checked advanced options for issues, none found. Used windows powershell admin to test powercfg /requests came back none on all counts....
  8. Windows doesnt respond

Windows doesnt respond: When i startup my laptop and click on an app or on windows button it highlights and then whole computer freezes. It doesnt respond to anything and i always have to close it by pressing the power button. It happened after i shut it down with the power button. After that it...
  9. Pc powering on but monitor doesnt give signal

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Pc powering on but monitor doesnt give signal: Hello I have a desktop pc with windows 10 cpu intel i5 6500 gpu sapphire rx 480 nitro 4gb mobo Gigabyte h170 hd3 ram 4+4 hyperx fury ddr4 psu coolermaster 650m! My problem is when I power on my pc after a night my monitor stays black and I have to restart it to work ! What is...
  10. windows 10 doesnt respond

in Windows 10 Support
    windows 10 doesnt respond: so for around the past month my windows 10 would randomly stop responding, and then i cant open windows updates,task manager or anything.. when i try to turn off the pc it will just sit in an endless loop of saying shutting down. and il have to do a hard reset. i had a bsod...