Windows 10: My new Pc freezes up

Discus and support My new Pc freezes up in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I bought a new PC. And as of late the apps suddenly stop responding and nothing opens, closes, or reacts, I don't think it's the CPU because I only... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Victor Sardaneta, Nov 25, 2021.

1. My new Pc freezes up

I bought a new PC. And as of late the apps suddenly stop responding and nothing opens, closes, or reacts, I don't think it's the CPU because I only have a couple of Chrome tabs open. Not even the Microsoft menu shows up properly. The mouse works for a while, but then the mouse freezes with everything. I don't know if this is related to the Bluetooth USB I installed. I didn't have this issue until my new Bluetooth USB arrived, and I connected it to my Echo Dot, but I didn't use the computer for too long to know this.So my 3 suspicions are:-The PC isn't working properly.-The Bluetooth USB from U

:)

Victor Sardaneta, Nov 25, 2021

2. PC Freezes

Hello,

To isolate your Windows 10 freezing issue, kindly answer the following questions:

• Aside from this error, are you also getting other error codes or messages?
    • Where do you usually experience this freezing issue? Is it during startup?
    • Other troubleshooting steps you've tried so far?

Looking forward to your response.

Michelle Vil, Nov 25, 2021
  3. PC freezing while creating new files or folders

Hello John,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Since when are you facing this issue?
    2. Are you aware of any changes being made to the PC?
    3. Which version of Windows 10 you are using currently?
    4. What is the make and model of the PC?

Refer the article on
    Which Windows operating system am I running?

However, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below and check if that helps.

Method 1:

Restart the file explorer and check if the PC freezes again.

1. Press Ctrl + Shift
      + Esc key together.
    2. Now look for Windows Explorer process.
    3. Right click on it and click on
      End process.
    4. Now click on File
      and click on Run New task on the task manager window.
    5. Type explorer.exe and click on
      OK.

Method 2:

Boot the PC in safe mode and check if the PC freezes while creating a file or folder. Refer the article to

start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

If the PC is not freezing in safe mode then perform a clean boot from safe mode.
    Refer the article on How to perform a clean boor in Windows. If
    the PC is not freezing then please refer the section How to determine what is causing the problem after you do a clean boot.

Note:
    Clean Boot starts Windows with a minimal set of drivers and startup programs, so that you can determine whether a background program is interfering with your game or program. Also, you may not be able to use some programs in clean boot.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Nov 25, 2021
  4. stuartb04 Win User

My new Pc freezes up

pc freezing again....

hi again guys
    i had a amd 4200+ o/c to 2.6ghz which was freezing before
    upped the volts to 1.35 which i think sorted the problem out

now i have a new 6000+ which i installed 5 days ago
    it froze this morning.ran prime95 before i went to work
    it froze half hour into it.
    i should be getting a new psu after xmas,which might resolve it(who knows)

now my 6000+ has got 1.34volts pumping up its ass.
    is this enough????
    its not o/ced by the way

these random freezes are doing my head in
    and it only freezes when my pc is idle(i leave it on 24/7)
    never freezes when im on it
    suggestion guys??......thanks

stuartb04, Nov 25, 2021
Thema:

My new Pc freezes up

1. My new Pc freezes up - Similar Threads - freezes

2. Windows 11 Log on freeze/hang

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Log on freeze/hang: I have ask this before but I can't find the thread. Anyway. Recently my computer been freezing at the log on screen every time I boot it up. This also happens with restarts. THe computer reaches the log on screen, the loading/thinking icon shows and the computer become...
  3. Windows 11 Log on freeze/hang

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Log on freeze/hang: I have ask this before but I can't find the thread. Anyway. Recently my computer been freezing at the log on screen every time I boot it up. This also happens with restarts. THe computer reaches the log on screen, the loading/thinking icon shows and the computer become...
  4. Big system freeze everytime, help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Big system freeze everytime, help: I got a big problem after installing TransculentTB, system was working normally for few days then it randomly started to freeze after few seconds. Looked like it repaired itself because today I could normally use pc. Then while playing a game, some error about microsoft...
  5. Big system freeze everytime, help

Big system freeze everytime, help: I got a big problem after installing TransculentTB, system was working normally for few days then it randomly started to freeze after few seconds. Looked like it repaired itself because today I could normally use pc. Then while playing a game, some error about microsoft...
  6. My pc crash and freeze after i use xp-pen tablet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pc crash and freeze after i use xp-pen tablet: Hello, After a long time, I wanted to use a graphics tablet from XP-Pen, but after I started typing with it, my PC flashed about three times and then reported an error and restarted. The second attempt did the same. I don't know what to do. Can someone please help me?...
  7. My pc crash and freeze after i use xp-pen tablet

My pc crash and freeze after i use xp-pen tablet: Hello, After a long time, I wanted to use a graphics tablet from XP-Pen, but after I started typing with it, my PC flashed about three times and then reported an error and restarted. The second attempt did the same. I don't know what to do. Can someone please help me?...
  8. My pc crash and freeze after i use xp-pen tablet

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Pc keeps freezing randomly.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc keeps freezing randomly.: I tried all check lists .Change ram sticksRun different combinations of hardware.Remove and check them one by one . but the issue still persists. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-keeps-freezing-randomly/26f413cf-9456-41cf-9330-41d7cd976ee6
  10. Pc keeps freezing randomly.

Pc keeps freezing randomly.: I tried all check lists .Change ram sticksRun different combinations of hardware.Remove and check them one by one . but the issue still persists. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-keeps-freezing-randomly/26f413cf-9456-41cf-9330-41d7cd976ee6