Windows 10: My new PC starts up very slow.

Discus and support My new PC starts up very slow. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello. My name is Lukas and i would like to get some help with my brand new PC...Every time I start my computer, it loads much slower than it usually... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by LukasThomson, Jul 15, 2021.

1. My new PC starts up very slow.

Hello. My name is Lukas and i would like to get some help with my brand new PC...Every time I start my computer, it loads much slower than it usually does. When I have logged in to the computer and after it has been loading for a while, my icons do not appear on my desktop. How I solve it is by clicking 1 time at the bottom of my desktop and then the screen turns black for a few seconds then I click Ctrl + shift and then everything is displayed again and I can start using my computer. I searched online to find a solution to the problem and tested a few different things but nothing worked but I

:)

LukasThomson, Jul 15, 2021

2. slow start up * 6 times slower

Hi Ali,

The slow start up on your computer may be caused by the update you installed. However, for us to fully identify the root cause, we need to gather additional information. Kindly answer the following:

• What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • are you getting any error messages when starting up your computer? If so, can you send us a screenshot? Make sure that you remove all personal information.
    • What is the current version and build number of your computer? To get the information, kindly follow the steps below:
      • Click on the Start menu.
      • Type winver.
      • Press Enter.
    In the meantime, we suggest that you boot the computer in Safe Mode. This will start your Windows in a basic state, using a limited set of files and drivers. Please follow the steps provided on this

link
    . Once in Safe Mode, kindly check if you will still experience the same issue.

Please post back with the result for further assistance.

Charianne Per, Jul 15, 2021
  3. John Vil Win User
    PC slow and not responding

Hi,

To assist you with your concern, we suggest you to run the System Maintenance Troubleshooter to check and see why your PC is running slow and unresponsive. Here are the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting. If you cant find the option, click View By and select Large Icons.
    • On the left pane, click on View All.
    • Click on System Maintenance to run the troubleshooter.

You may also check on the article below for tips on how to improve your Windows 10 PC.

Tips to improve PC performance in Windows 10

Let us know how it goes.

John Vil, Jul 15, 2021
  4. Mayra Aqu Win User

My new PC starts up very slow.

Updates slowing computer performance

Hi,

Listed below are possible causes why Windows is running slow:

• Too many application installed.
    • Virus and malware.
    • Corrupted system files.
    • Outdated drivers.

For us to assist you with the concern, we suggest following the steps on this
    article

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Mayra Aqu, Jul 15, 2021
Thema:

My new PC starts up very slow.

1. My new PC starts up very slow. - Similar Threads - starts very slow

2. New PC starts up slow

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    New PC starts up slow: I just did a new windows installation on my new pc But windows 10 pro starts up so slow, it almost takes a minute to get to my windows screen Asus TUF B450-PRO GAMING moederbord AMD Ryzen 5 3500X processor G.Skill DDR4 Ripjaws-V 2x8GB 3200Mhz A-DATA XPG SX8200 Pro internal...
  3. New PC Is Very Slow

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    New PC Is Very Slow: I just got a new PC today and it's really slow, like to the point where it takes 2 minutes minimum to do anything and it crashes as well as white screens very often. Since it's new I've only downloaded Spotify and steam and have 800gb free as well as 8gb ram. How can I help...
  4. New PC very slow browsing.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    New PC very slow browsing.: Hi, I have a new PC (1 week) with 4GB ram - AMD Dual Core A4 and as it is sluggish with browsing I have done some speedtests with different Browsers and also the Win 10 App. My ISP is Virgin Media Up to 200 Mbps App: [ATTACH] Chrome: [ATTACH] Firefox: [ATTACH] Edge:...
  5. Very slow start up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Very slow start up: I installed Microsoft Teams but couldn't get going with it so uninstalled it. Now, when I power up it takes 10 minutes with the CPU light permanently on and a message saying re-enter my login details. Clicking ok does nothing but CtrlAltDel eventually releases the screen...
  6. Very slow start up

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Very slow start up: I installed Microsoft Teams but couldn't get going with it so uninstalled it. Now, when I power up it takes 10 minutes with the CPU light permanently on and a message saying re-enter my login details. Clicking ok does nothing but CtrlAltDel eventually releases the screen...
  7. A very slow start-up

A very slow start-up: Hi, The booting is long(more than 5 Minuit) and resetting Windows didn't correct the problem. I appreciate if someone could help me. With my best regards. Shams https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/a-very-slow-start-up/e7dea95b-2283-479c-b75e-888ca2a24800
  8. Very slow start up

Very slow start up: Could some please check this and see if there is anything I can uncheck that will help speedup bootup. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/very-slow-start-up/127f2e9a-8e6f-4748-b93f-9e36a3ced0af
  9. Very slow start up

in Windows 10 Customization
    Very slow start up: Hi, my laptop is really slow to start up yet the system shows plenty of memory available. I've cleared temp files. any suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/very-slow-start-up/6fedcb5c-0020-4648-bff7-5c876ea79f8b
  10. pc starts very slow recently

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    pc starts very slow recently: when i first log in, startup seems slower than normal, meaning when i first got pc, everything was very fluid. now, most of the time, feels like molasses. is it due to some programs being allowed to auto start? or other factors? i already did defrag and optimization.*Shock...