Windows 10: My new PIN isn't accepted for permission on child computer

Discus and support My new PIN isn't accepted for permission on child computer in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; When my child wants to download a new program, I've been able to enter my PIN to give him download permission right from his screen. I changed my PIN... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by KaPoCA, Jun 25, 2019.

1. KaPoCA Win User

My new PIN isn't accepted for permission on child computer

When my child wants to download a new program, I've been able to enter my PIN to give him download permission right from his screen. I changed my PIN and his computer will only take my old one. His account is verified and I've installed all updates and restarted his computer several times.

I'm sure I'm missing a step but can't figure out what to do. I want his computer to only accept my most recent PIN for permissions.

:)

KaPoCA, Jun 25, 2019

2. Printer isn´t working after latest update.

After the latest update from Windows, my Canon Pixma ip6600 printer isnt working. In Device Manager it shows up as working properly but when I go to print it isn´t listed as an option in any programs. Troubleshoot suggests it´s a USB 2 printer on a USB
    3 port and that that´s the problem but that cant be since it worked fine before the update. I´ve tried to uninstall and plug it back in but that doesn´t work either.

Sigurdur WilliamBrynjarsson, Jun 25, 2019
  3. Stuck in diagnostic mode, PIN # not accepted, please help

I had no issues with my computer prior. I simply was following some online suggestions for ways to reduce lag in an online game we like to play. The suggestion was to turn diagnostic mode on, which I did. I shut my computer off and when I turned it back on and entered my PIN # it said it was incorrect, yet, it is indeed correct. This started a week worth of nonstop research on how to undo this mess. I can hold the shift key down while restarting my computer and I get a blue screen where I have several options. I have tried restarting my computer to previous version, does not work. I have gone to troubleshooting, advance, options and I get to the point that I can see a list of options like safe mode and etc. but cannot click on any options in the list, instead it says restart computer to get me to those options which when I restart takes me right back to the Windows login screen. I tried to pull up command prompt and it asks for my PIN # which it will not accept. I click on forgot password and it restarts PC and takes me right back to the windows login screen where my PIN is still not accepted. I try to get to safe mode, it asks for the user account and then the PIN # that again, it will not accept. I have turned the PC on and off 3 times to start the auto repair and it just takes me to the same screen as holding down the shift key when restarting. I don't know what else to do, I cannot get to safe mode because it requires a PIN # that it does not accept, I cannot get into command prompt because it requires a PIN # that again says is incorrect, I cannot get anywhere with any of the online options or directions I see that works for many people. WHAT DO I DO? Any help or suggestions??

thytaysmom, Jun 25, 2019
  4. My new PIN isn't accepted for permission on child computer

No permissions

Hi,

I would suggest you to right click on the user's folder for your profile and check if the permissions shows as "read only'. If this is the case, it might be causing the issue. In this case, I would suggest you to go to C:\User folder, right click on the
    folder with your username and follow these steps:

• Open the properties of the main user profile folder where the files are located (such as Documents, Pictures, etc).
    • Go to the Security tab and click Advanced.
    • Check the box at the bottom of this window. It is labeled "Replace all child object permissions with inheritable permissions from this object" and then click Ok.
    This does a one-time action that replaces the security on all the files/subfolders. It’s one-time, so you won’t find that box checked if you peek at it later. Try these steps and let us know the results for further assistance.

Bennet Martin, Jun 25, 2019
Thema:

My new PIN isn't accepted for permission on child computer

1. My new PIN isn't accepted for permission on child computer - Similar Threads - PIN isn't accepted

2. My Pin Isn't Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Pin Isn't Working: I'm just trying to download Red Dead. I got it on steam and all is well, UNTIL the "can this application make changes to your pc" screen shows up. I thought I knew my pin but I guess I didn't. I went to change it and I did change it but it didn't change. I have parental locks...
  3. My Pin Isn't Working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Pin Isn't Working: I'm just trying to download Red Dead. I got it on steam and all is well, UNTIL the "can this application make changes to your pc" screen shows up. I thought I knew my pin but I guess I didn't. I went to change it and I did change it but it didn't change. I have parental locks...
  4. My Pin Isn't Working

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Locked out of Computer-PIN not accepted. No options.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Locked out of Computer-PIN not accepted. No options.: I'm dealing with an Asus laptop that when starting, Windows 11 asks for a PIN to sign on. When entering PIN, Windows says it is incorrect, and try again. The owner of the laptop made so many attempts that we now have to wait two hours with the computer powered up to try...
  6. Locked out of Computer-PIN not accepted. No options.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Locked out of Computer-PIN not accepted. No options.: I'm dealing with an Asus laptop that when starting, Windows 11 asks for a PIN to sign on. When entering PIN, Windows says it is incorrect, and try again. The owner of the laptop made so many attempts that we now have to wait two hours with the computer powered up to try...
  7. My computer won't accept my PIN any longer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    My computer won't accept my PIN any longer: My computer won't accept my PIN any longer. The only way to gain access to my computer is to sign in with my microsoft password. I would like to go back to signing in with my pin...
  8. Pin and Fingerprint not accepted

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Pin and Fingerprint not accepted: Hello, Recently when I went to use my fingerprint to log in my computer said "something is wrong on our end" and won't let me log in. I tried my pin and I got the same response. Thankfully I was able to sign in with my password. When I tried to delete and redo my...
  9. Windows hello isn't accepting my fingerprint.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows hello isn't accepting my fingerprint.: Whenever I swipe my finger on scanner, It says "Something went wrong on our end, please try again". I uninstalled and reinstalled the driver but couldn't fix the problem. I also kept "Allow the computer to turn off this device" unchecked in "power management". [ATTACH]...
  10. PIN not accepted

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    PIN not accepted: Hi. I've been signing in to Windows 10 with a 4 digit PIN number for months. All of a sudden it's not accepted. Any rational reason why this would happen? It's not an issue, I can still sign in with my Microsoft account and change the PIN number, I'm just curious as to...