Windows 10: My new SSD's will not show up on my PC, even in BIOS

Discus and support My new SSD's will not show up on my PC, even in BIOS in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My 256gb SSD died the other day. I thought it would be simple enough, just get a new one and copy the backed-up image on to it. However, I got a 512gb... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by BlizzardUK, Nov 24, 2019.

1. My new SSD's will not show up on my PC, even in BIOS

My 256gb SSD died the other day. I thought it would be simple enough, just get a new one and copy the backed-up image on to it. However, I got a 512gb Adata SSD and it won't show up in BIOS, I have tried EVERYTHING you can think of, I have been in and out of BIOS close to 100 times trying every different setting. I have tried different cables, different power, a USB hub, different SATA sockets, everything. It just shows up as "empty" in Bios under the socket it gets plugged in to. When I try it via a USB hub, nothing either. Yet those same cables/sockets show up a mechanical drive fine.

However on my 2nd PC the SSD works great, so it is not the SSD. So I thought maybe it is just bad luck with that SSD and my motherboard, so I bought a SanDisk Ultra 480gb and thought given it was the same brand as the one that went, it may be more compatible. No good either. Yet once again that SSD shows up fine in my 2nd PC.

I can't get in to windows to try things, only via my other PC. I tried some dos/linux tools but they don't see it either, I guess if BIOS can't see it, neither will they. I thought updating my BIOS might help, but that won't work, I press F8 to go in to the update tool at the start and pressing enter on "update bios from file" does nothing, won't activate anything, it doesn't freeze, the button just does nothing, it doesn't even seem to attempt to look for a file. I plugged in a USB stick in FAT format.

I have a Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H motherboard from 2011, with the F14 BIOS version. But given it ran my 256gb Sandisk okay I see no reason 480gb should cause any additional problems. As I say, I have tried every setting I can think of in BIOS, from changing it around from AHCI to IDE to UEFI to RAID to LEGACY, etc etc. Nothing, zilch.

I am guessing to save myself buying multiple SSDs I will have to buy either the exact same SSD I had before and forget about going for bigger, or move back to mechanical until I can afford a bigger PC upgrade. But is there anything anyone can think of before I give up ?

Thanks for your help.

:)

BlizzardUK, Nov 24, 2019

2. bios

Hi all i am new in this forum, i need meanings step by step of each item listed in the bios Phoenix-Award

central473, Nov 24, 2019
  3. Windows not recognizing new m.2 NVME SSD but shows in BIOS

Windows is not detecting the SSD - But it shows up under storage in the BIOS.

I'm not sure what you're directing me to there Andrew.

The laptop is MSI, the SSD is Crucial.

RICKDR1973, Nov 24, 2019
  4. My new SSD's will not show up on my PC, even in BIOS

Windows not recognizing new m.2 NVME SSD but shows in BIOS

I purchased a crucial nvme m.2 ssd for my MSI GT73 Titan - It shows in the PCIE section of the BIOS but does not show in disk management - Also does not show up in Crucial's Storage Executive Application.

My BIOS is the latest version.

Any ideas?

RICKDR1973, Nov 24, 2019
Thema:

My new SSD's will not show up on my PC, even in BIOS

1. My new SSD's will not show up on my PC, even in BIOS - Similar Threads - SSD's show BIOS

2. system booting with new ssd but ssd not showing up in bios as a drive.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    system booting with new ssd but ssd not showing up in bios as a drive.: Hi, Iam using Dell latitude 5400 i7 8th gen laptop. I got it with 256 GB m.2 sata ssd which was slower. so I upgraded to m.2 nvme ssd from Western Digital WD SN570 1TB SSD. I backed up my data from previous ssd and removed the old ssd and installed new ssd into the system....
  3. system booting with new ssd but ssd not showing up in bios as a drive.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    system booting with new ssd but ssd not showing up in bios as a drive.: Hi, Iam using Dell latitude 5400 i7 8th gen laptop. I got it with 256 GB m.2 sata ssd which was slower. so I upgraded to m.2 nvme ssd from Western Digital WD SN570 1TB SSD. I backed up my data from previous ssd and removed the old ssd and installed new ssd into the system....
  4. system booting with new ssd but ssd not showing up in bios as a drive.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. my new ssd doesnt show up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my new ssd doesnt show up: so i bought a new ssd and plugged it into my computerit doesnt show up on explorer or even as unallocated space in disk managementany solutions for this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-new-ssd-doesnt-show-up/7048c1bd-0faf-4b9a-b388-c46c0c25b92f
  6. my new ssd doesnt show up

my new ssd doesnt show up: so i bought a new ssd and plugged it into my computerit doesnt show up on explorer or even as unallocated space in disk managementany solutions for this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-new-ssd-doesnt-show-up/7048c1bd-0faf-4b9a-b388-c46c0c25b92f
  7. My new HDD is not showing up on disk manager, but shows up in BIOs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My new HDD is not showing up on disk manager, but shows up in BIOs: Hello, i recently got a new 4TB HDD from western digital's black brand and it's just not showing up anywhere, not as an unknown disk, but just not at all on windows, like it's not even plugged in, even though both sets of SATA cables I used are working properly due to me...
  8. My new HDD is not showing up on disk manager, but shows up in BIOs

My new HDD is not showing up on disk manager, but shows up in BIOs: Hello, i recently got a new 4TB HDD from western digital's black brand and it's just not showing up anywhere, not as an unknown disk, but just not at all on windows, like it's not even plugged in, even though both sets of SATA cables I used are working properly due to me...
  9. ssd doesnt show up in bios

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ssd doesnt show up in bios: When i try to install windows it just gets in a infinite loop of asking my keyboard layout, i think it is because my ssd doesnt show up in the boot priority when im in boot mode uefi but if i go to legacy uefi it shows up but then when i try to donwload windows then it says...
  10. SSD not showing up in BIOS

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    SSD not showing up in BIOS: Hey! Around one week ago my SSD started to troll me, and my PC started to get blue screen every day with an error code of UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION, I didn't cared about it too much, I jist restarted my PC and ignored it. But today I started to get blue screens every 30...