Windows 10: My new TV ist too large to use as a monitor, is there a feature or App to resize my screen?

Discus and support My new TV ist too large to use as a monitor, is there a feature or App to resize my screen? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/MrRob0tt0 [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/MrRob0tt0, Feb 25, 2020.

1. My new TV ist too large to use as a monitor, is there a feature or App to resize my screen?

/u/MrRob0tt0, Feb 25, 2020

2. No display on monitor when TV set as primary display

Issue solved

Removed DVI/HDMI cable from computer and monitor

Step 1: Check if the VGA monitor cable is defective.

1. Turn off computer
    2. Connect the monitor VGA cable from the monitor to the VGA port on the computer
    3. Turn on computer, VGA monitor cable is good.

Step 2: Tun off computer
    1. Connect HDMI Cable to HDMI port and TV
    2. Turn on computer and TV, there is no monitor black screen
    3. Click on the Windows logo, select the Settings icon , and then select

System. Under Display there are two squares, labeled 1 and 2

D Click on Advanced Display Settings:

Display information: Display 1- Monitor Display 2 -TV

E Right-click the Speakers icon in
      the taskbar, select Sound, click on Playback devices,

a s tv screen with my brand shows
      AMD High Definition Audio Device ready.

F. Problem solved

Cause of the problem: Defective VGA port on the Syba VGA HD15+ 3.5 Audio to HDMI converter

Rooben Kajima, Feb 25, 2020
  3. John Vil Win User
    moving and resizing

Hi Bob,

There may be several reasons why you are unable to resize or move applications after installing an update. To better assist you with your concern, we would like you to answer the questions below:

• Does it happen only on one application?
    • Which application are you having issues resizing or moving?

In the meantime, we suggest you to run the Windows 10 troubleshooter. Kindly follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key +X, select
      Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to
      Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the
      view all option on the left panel
    • Run the Windows Store apps troubleshooter
    Let us know how it goes.

John Vil, Feb 25, 2020
  4. My new TV ist too large to use as a monitor, is there a feature or App to resize my screen?

Connecting an Older Model Panasonic Viera Large Screen Tv to My Windows 10 PC

Greetings; and thanks for the quick reply:

I have no other TV with which to carry out the tests you've mentioned but I do have another computer monitor that I can carry out a similar test with. At the very least it may indicate if the problem is on the computer side of this equation or the monitor
    side.

In your suggestion, you've laid out some fairly clear instructions. I'm going to give them a try with the monitor I eluded to. Do these steps need to be followed with the Monitor or TV connected or am I just testing the function of my computer only at
    this time?

I ask this because when I was using my Mac computer to try to connect so it displayed on the same Large Screen Panasonic TV, I had the very same problem; except that the Mac computer actually did recognize that the Panasonic TV was connected. It's just
    that it would not display. This is why I wondered if I needed to figure out the correct settings on the TV itself.

At any rate, I'll give it a try and get back to you with the results. (if any) Thanks again for the quick reply.

Tim M.

HollowPoint_700, Feb 25, 2020
Thema:

My new TV ist too large to use as a monitor, is there a feature or App to resize my screen?

1. My new TV ist too large to use as a monitor, is there a feature or App to resize my screen? - Similar Threads - ist too large

2. How do I use my TV as a 4k monitor without Windows treating it as a large monitor?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I use my TV as a 4k monitor without Windows treating it as a large monitor?: I have 2 23" 1080p monitors and a 45" 4k TV connected to my computer. Whenever I set my TV to run at 4k, windows treats it as a 40" monitor and only allows the mouse to move between the monitors in a 1080 pixel window where it thinks my monitors are. What I want is for it to...
  3. How do I use my TV as a 4k monitor without Windows treating it as a large monitor?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I use my TV as a 4k monitor without Windows treating it as a large monitor?: I have 2 23" 1080p monitors and a 45" 4k TV connected to my computer. Whenever I set my TV to run at 4k, windows treats it as a 40" monitor and only allows the mouse to move between the monitors in a 1080 pixel window where it thinks my monitors are. What I want is for it to...
  4. How do I use my TV as a 4k monitor without Windows treating it as a large monitor?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Resizing apps with 50" TV monitor

Resizing apps with 50" TV monitor: I'm using a 50" TV as my PC monitor. When I try try put multiple apps on the screen, like Word, excel, Chrome, the apps aren't resized like a computer monitor. This is on Windows 10. Is there a fix?...
  6. Splitting a large TV monitor into four monitors

Splitting a large TV monitor into four monitors: I need to split a large TV monitor into four monitors. What do I need to do? Thanks, Fallen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/splitting-a-large-tv-monitor-into-four-monitors/f1d1db9c-090b-4fc6-8002-79de1c1e444a
  7. The screen is too large.

The screen is too large.: My screen is too large all of a sudden. I tried reducing to 80% but it doesn't seem to work. I don't know how it got this way, unless it was one of the upgrades from HP. HELP....
  8. Got a new tv and want to use it as my monitor but nothing fits

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Got a new tv and want to use it as my monitor but nothing fits: My screen gets cut off. I changed the resolution to every option and none of them fit. How do I fix this submitted by /u/uncleshiesty [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fba7mt/got_a_new_tv_and_want_to_use_it_as_my_monitor_but/
  9. display too large for my screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    display too large for my screen: my windows display does not fit into my screen size it is too large & I cannot access the start button or the toolbar properly https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/display-too-large-for-my-screen/ecd5bdc7-b48f-4bae-a3cf-df7004becee7
  10. Monitor Usable Space is Too Large for Screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Monitor Usable Space is Too Large for Screen: Something happened about a month ago where the usable area of the screen is not all visible. For instance, when a desktop item is updated the icon for it will appear in the upper left corner of the screen...but only the right half will be visible. It appears that the monitor...