Windows 10: My new Windows 10 installation is on a non-UEFI drive, what do I do?

Discus and support My new Windows 10 installation is on a non-UEFI drive, what do I do? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I just made a new Windiws 10 installation on my PC, on an SSD. Everything worked great until I formatted the old C-drive. The BIOS can see the SSD, but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by SverreMunthe, Sep 4, 2018.

1. My new Windows 10 installation is on a non-UEFI drive, what do I do?

I just made a new Windiws 10 installation on my PC, on an SSD. Everything worked great until I formatted the old C-drive. The BIOS can see the SSD, but not as an UEFI, and I’m unable to boot from it. I tried repair, but even that one doesn’t seem to understand. When I go to the command prompt the SSD is set as the F-drive. What can I do to get the BIOS to understand that it should boot from the new drive?

:)

SverreMunthe, Sep 4, 2018

2. Trouble installing windows 7 on RAID in UEFI

As the title says, I'm trying to install Windows on a RAID array in uefi on my Maximus V Formula. When using legacy ROM I can install just fine but I go into CSM and change settings to UEFI only, I can build the array in the UEFI Raid driver (IRST tab in "BIOS") but the array does not show up in the boot menu and when I try to install windows (boot from UEFI DVD drive), The drive does not show up in the Windows install. The next thing I tried was to enable UEFI and legacy oprom in CSM, boot from UEFI DVD drive and install to the RAID array (probably detected by legacy oprom) and it will install. After first reboot, Windows Boot manager will show up as an option in the BIOS boot menu so I set that as first boot device and reboot. I will get to the starting windows screen and then BSOD (too quick to get codes) The last thing I tried was Changing to legacy mode and installing windows to a different drive. once installed, I initialized the Raid array as GPT and rebooted, changed csm back to UEFI only but they RAID array still doesn't show in the boot device list so I repeated the earlier process hoping that It might work because I had initialized as GPT but it still BSODs on starting windows screen. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated

mystiksinner, Sep 4, 2018
  3. FX-GMC Win User
    Trouble installing windows 7 on RAID in UEFI

I think you were on track with your first try. Windows installer probably needs the RAID driver in order to detect it on install.

My new Windows 10 installation is on a non-UEFI drive, what do I do? [​IMG]

FX-GMC, Sep 4, 2018
  4. My new Windows 10 installation is on a non-UEFI drive, what do I do?

How to install Windows 7 on a 4TB hard drive? UEFI?

Solution 1: Buy a new motherboard that is UEFI compatible. I assume once I buy the UEFI compatible motherboard, Windows 7 install will automatically let the software install on the 4TB hard drive?

Solution 2: Buy a Solid State Drive and run Windows 7 on that without buying a new motherboard and decided to use the 4 TB drive as storage.

supadupa64, Sep 4, 2018
Thema:

My new Windows 10 installation is on a non-UEFI drive, what do I do?

1. My new Windows 10 installation is on a non-UEFI drive, what do I do? - Similar Threads - installation non UEFI

2. What to do after I install my new motherboard?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What to do after I install my new motherboard?: Hi. I just purchased a new motherboard, RAM, and CPU for my PC. I'm assuming after I install these, Windows 10 will cease to boot. My Windows 10 came with the PC and is OEM.That being said, I would like to upgrade to Windows 11 instead due to the newer model motherboard and...
  3. What to do after I install my new motherboard?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What to do after I install my new motherboard?: Hi. I just purchased a new motherboard, RAM, and CPU for my PC. I'm assuming after I install these, Windows 10 will cease to boot. My Windows 10 came with the PC and is OEM.That being said, I would like to upgrade to Windows 11 instead due to the newer model motherboard and...
  4. What to do after I install my new motherboard?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. If my hard drive dies with windows what do I do?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    If my hard drive dies with windows what do I do?: My hard drive just died and my windows key doesn't work do I need a new one or how does this work? I have all components the same but my 2 tb died WITH windows installed. Thanks Dallas...
  6. If my hard drive dies with windows what do I do?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    If my hard drive dies with windows what do I do?: My hard drive just died and my windows key doesn't work do I need a new one or how does this work? I have all components the same but my 2 tb died WITH windows installed. Thanks Dallas...
  7. If my hard drive dies with windows what do I do?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. My drives do not work, what should I do?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My drives do not work, what should I do?: Hey Guys, I have 2 external drives , 1 hard drive, 1 ssd, they both work when connected to my laptop, but not when to my main pc. Please help. In device manager, it shows Code 43. What should I do?...
  9. My new Windiws 10 installation is on a non-UEFI drive, what do I do?

My new Windiws 10 installation is on a non-UEFI drive, what do I do?: I just made a new Windiws 10 installation on my PC, on an SSD. Everything worked great until I formatted the old C-drive. The BIOS can see the SSD, but not as an UEFI, and I’m unable to boot from it. I tried repair, but even that one doesn’t seem to understand. When I go to...
  10. UEFI installation on non-UEFI system

UEFI installation on non-UEFI system: Hi there, I wanted to boot an existing Windows 10 install taken from a UEFI notebook into an older non-UEFI notebook and I only get a flashing cursor. Booted with an installation media and the automatic startup repair did not work. Browsing online I tried re-creating the...