Windows 10: My new windows keep moving from top to bottom of desktop

Discus and support My new windows keep moving from top to bottom of desktop in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My computer's new windows always disappear to the bottom of the desktop pile. For example: when I open the calculator application while I have chrome... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by LyndseyB, Jun 21, 2020.

1. LyndseyB Win User

My new windows keep moving from top to bottom of desktop

My computer's new windows always disappear to the bottom of the desktop pile. For example: when I open the calculator application while I have chrome open the calculator goes right to the bottom of the desktop. I have already fixed this once by clicking on/off another setting. However, I am trying to find the instructions and can not find them right now. Please help.

:)

LyndseyB, Jun 21, 2020

2. Automatically moving a fullscreen window onto a new desktop

Hi Joel,

In Windows 10, there is an option to open an app in a fullscreen view. This way, it will be possible for you to make the fullscreen window move to a new desktop. Follow these steps to do so.

• Right click on the application.
    • Select Properties.
    • Click on the Shortcut tab.
    • Beside the Run option, click on the drop-down menu and then choose Maximized.
    • Click on Apply button and then click OK.

If further assistance is needed, we are here to help.

Darleen Pen, Jun 21, 2020
  3. Cyndera80 Win User
    Cannot move desktop to a new location in Windows 7

I've been trying to move the desktop location on a machine that runs Windows 7.

On my own machine (Windows 10), there's a "Location" tab in the desktop properties.

That tab is missing on the machine that runs Windows 7.

I came across the suggestion below in other threads, but it is not working for me. Any other suggestions on how to change to location or how to get the location tab to show?

Thanks!

1. Open the Registry editor (Regedit.exe)
    2. Browse to the location:

HKCU > Software > Microsoft > Windows > CurrentVersion > Explorer > User Shell Folders.
    3. In the right window pane select the required value (i.e. Desktop).
    4. Insert the new location for the folder to be stored.
    5. Close the registry editor and log off

--> Didn't work.

Cyndera80, Jun 21, 2020
  4. hellrazor Win User

Survey Reveals Companies' Early Windows 8 Reactions and Plans

Bull fucking shit.

hellrazor, Jun 21, 2020
Thema:

1. My new windows keep moving from top to bottom of desktop - Similar Threads - keep moving top

2. help me move the task bar from the bottom of the screen to the top of the screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    help me move the task bar from the bottom of the screen to the top of the screen: I want to move the task bar so it displays at the top of the screen. I've tried regedit, changing the 03 in settings in the FE column to 01 and then restarting in the windows explorer through task manager. It does not work for me. The 01 settings just flips back to 03. My...
  3. help me move the task bar from the bottom of the screen to the top of the screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    help me move the task bar from the bottom of the screen to the top of the screen: I want to move the task bar so it displays at the top of the screen. I've tried regedit, changing the 03 in settings in the FE column to 01 and then restarting in the windows explorer through task manager. It does not work for me. The 01 settings just flips back to 03. My...
  4. The top of my screen is moved to the bottom. Help?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    The top of my screen is moved to the bottom. Help?: [ATTACH] So my computer has been running into an issue lately where the top of the screen is moved to the bottom. I don't know why this happens, but when it does, it covers the bottom of the taskbar and makes it impossible to tell what is and isn't open. It's not computer...
  5. Is it possible to move file from top to bottom, if there are files inside a folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is it possible to move file from top to bottom, if there are files inside a folder: I got a folder and inside that there are 10 PDF documents. I want to move the file which is at top to the bottom. Example: C:\Documents\Pdf\School and inside this folder there are separates files. The one which is on the top I want to move that at the to the bottom. Name of...
  6. Taskbar switches from top to bottom?

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar switches from top to bottom?: Windows 10 home 1909 fully up to date. I often find that the taskbar switches from the top of my dual monitor display (desktop PC) to the bottom on both displays even though I have the taskbars locked and setup correctly in settings. Anyone else having this problem? And is...
  7. Always move to the top or bottom of the pages

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Always move to the top or bottom of the pages: I have a problem with my PC which runs Windows 10. Here are some errors of them, Even now I can't type properly in this text box the cursor always move to the top left corner In any browser the web pages scroll to the top or bottom of it always In MS OFFICE and other...
  8. task bar on the top and bottom keep dissapearing

in Windows 10 Customization
    task bar on the top and bottom keep dissapearing: The task bar on the bottom of my screen and the open tabs at the top of the screen keep disappearing on me unless I bring my cursor over top of it. its really frustrating and I cannot figure it out....
  9. HOW to keep my ribbon top and bottom showing

HOW to keep my ribbon top and bottom showing: how to keep my entire ribbon showing on top and bottom of screen? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-keep-my-ribbon-top-and-bottom-showing/f69e8671-57d0-4f05-a0cc-d78e1c3a807c
  10. MOVE TASK BAR FROM BOTTOM OF SCREEN TO TOP OF SCREEN DISPLAY

MOVE TASK BAR FROM BOTTOM OF SCREEN TO TOP OF SCREEN DISPLAY: MOVE TASK BAR FROM BOTTOM OF SCREEN TO TOP OF SCREEN DISPLAY https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/move-task-bar-from-bottom-of-screen-to-top-of/580f894c-f9e4-4b61-9691-a81ce8240410