Windows 10: My newly bought 144hz monitor can only display 120hz at max?

Discus and support My newly bought 144hz monitor can only display 120hz at max? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Dear Support Team, I have recently purchased the Acer KG251Q 24.5inch 144hz monitor. After trying out the monitor - updating drivers(to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Gerry Gan, Sep 7, 2018.

1. Gerry Gan Win User

My newly bought 144hz monitor can only display 120hz at max?

Dear Support Team,

I have recently purchased the Acer KG251Q 24.5inch 144hz monitor. After trying out the monitor - updating drivers(to the latest)/restarting. The maximum refresh rates available for use is still capped at 120hz.

The event log displayed this after I tried updating the drivers -

Driver Management concluded the process to install driver kg251q.inf_amd64_3f56c5b3366e8186 for Device Instance ID DISPLAY\ACR0591\5&25A0082B&0&UID4352 with the following status: 0x0.

Can I assume that that's a failure to update? Please assist.

:)

Gerry Gan, Sep 7, 2018
  2. AxelDeák Win User

Can't choose 120hz

Hey I have a 144hz screen monitor and a HDMI cable that should be able to transfer 120hz correct but i can still not choose in the alternatives "120hz"

AxelDeák, Sep 7, 2018
  3. anoosh zaidi Win User
    144hz monitor

Hi I have a 144hz 1080p monitor "Acer gn246hl" monitor and I have connected it with a dvi d dual link cable and yet when I go in my display settings the max hz it gives me is 60 help me plz

anoosh zaidi, Sep 7, 2018
  4. JenniferCooper19 Win User

144hz monitor

Hi,

Check these links,

https://www.howtogeek.com/267650/how-to-make-yo...

https://steamcommunity.com/discussions/forum/11...

http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-3069678/...

https://www.tenforums.com/graphic-cards/31124-d...

Standard Disclaimer: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research
    any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

JenniferCooper19, Sep 7, 2018
Thema:

1. My newly bought 144hz monitor can only display 120hz at max? - Similar Threads - newly bought 144hz

2. Can I get 144hz if I plug my laptop via mini display to display port into an external monitor?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can I get 144hz if I plug my laptop via mini display to display port into an external monitor?: Hi I'm planning to buy a new external monitor for my laptop because my laptop monitor is too small. I want to get a 144hz monitor because it's smoother than 60hz. I looked on Amazon and I came down to the Viewsonic XG2402 monitor found here:...
  3. display only on monitor 2

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    display only on monitor 2: Setting up new monitor. selected display on monitor 2 only by mistake. Now cannot get back to laptop display screen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/display-only-on-monitor-2/cb0576fc-21e4-48d0-8e2c-c72bedc4452f
  4. newly built pc. will not recognise USB bought from microsoft

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    newly built pc. will not recognise USB bought from microsoft: Hello, I bought Windows 10 full (not upgrade) from ms store USB version. I built my pc. entered BIOS, set it up, saved and restarted with the win 10 usb inserted. then the pc goes and returns to bios. I look at the boot sequence and in the pane it states "No Bootable...
  5. Can only scroll left in Reliability Monitor

in Windows 10 Support
    Can only scroll left in Reliability Monitor: So Reliability Monitor gives me a report on the stability of my computer. By default it presents the stability index on a day-to-day basis. I can view older reports by clicking on the Scroll Left triangle. When done, I want to Scroll Right again, but it wont let me. The mouse...
  6. CRITICAL STRUCTURE CORRUPTION BSOD on newly bought system

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    CRITICAL STRUCTURE CORRUPTION BSOD on newly bought system: Hi, I recently bought a new Desktop system and installed windows 10 on it. After about 30 minutes to 1 hour of using the system, I experience the CRITICAL STRUCTURE CORRUPTION blue screen error. I tried all the combinations of different hardware, took out all the...
  7. Movie Maker StoryBoard and monitor displays only black

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Movie Maker StoryBoard and monitor displays only black: I downloaded and installed Movie Maker 2.6 into my Windows 10 PC. When I create a text title it appears black in the monitor pane and on the storyboard no matter what color I choose for the Font or background. If anyone has had this problem, let me know what you did to fix...
  8. 120hz Monitor, HDMI or DVI-D cable?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    120hz Monitor, HDMI or DVI-D cable?: Hey there, my old 2nd monitor is about to die (see: Solved Dual screen issue, 2nd screen turns black ... - Windows 10 Forums) so i got a replacement. Now i figured thats this monitor is able to run 120hz and i sure as hell wanna use that. *Smile But i remember i did...
  9. Dual monitor setup locks 144Hz monitor at 60Hz

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Dual monitor setup locks 144Hz monitor at 60Hz: I've been running a multi-monitor setup for a while now, with an ASUS VG248QE 144Hz monitor as my main, and one or more spare monitors as secondary displays. I've set the ASUS monitor to 144Hz without issue in the past, while the other monitors stay at 60Hz. The other...
  10. Make Taskbar Display On Only One Monitor in Dual Monitor Setup

in Windows 10 Support
    Make Taskbar Display On Only One Monitor in Dual Monitor Setup: I have dual monitors. The Taskbar appears on both monitors (top, bottom, right or left, as specified). Is there a way to have the Taskbar appear only on one monitor? 76699