Windows 10: My newly built PC keeps rebooting into Windows Setup in a loop when trying to install it...

Discus and support My newly built PC keeps rebooting into Windows Setup in a loop when trying to install it... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Tl;dR: My PC keeps booting into Windows Setup or saying "Reboot and select proper Boot device or Insert Boot Media in selected Boot device and press a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Questiontest[1], Jan 9, 2021.

1. My newly built PC keeps rebooting into Windows Setup in a loop when trying to install it...

Tl;dR: My PC keeps booting into Windows Setup or saying "Reboot and select proper Boot device or Insert Boot Media in selected Boot device and press a key". I don't know what else to try.

I built my first PC yesterday and so far it seems like the hardware is running fine. However, whenever I start it, it keeps booting up the Windows Setup to install it.

When I "install" it, and it actually works, it just restarts and boots from the USB Drive again. I used the official Microsoft Tool for the first time, and Rufus on s second USB drive as well the second time. I am slowly running out of ideas what to do, I think I've spent about 12 hours yesterday trying to set it up. My Specs are:

• Motherboard: MGB MSI z390 Gaming Edge AC

• CPU: i7 9700k

• GPU: R9 390 8gb

• SSD: Samsung Evo 860 250gb

• RAM: 16g 3200mhz

Here is a list of things I already tried

• Format the SSD so I can load windows ontonit

• Format the USB Drive and install the Official Windows Installation tool on it

• Format a second USB Drive and use Rufus on it as well

• Flash my Bios to the latest version

• Use Bios Default Settings

• Change Bios Default Settings from CSM

Legacy + UEFi to UEFI only

• Clean the SSD using Diskpart, then creating a partition, marking it as active and assignint it while using default settings

• Cleaning the SSD again with Diskpart, then converting it to GPT and creating a partition, marking it as active and assigning it

• Switching Cables and SATA Ports for the SSD

• Pulling out the USB Drive while the PC restarts after installation

• Marking the USB Partition as active and setting it to boot first

• Pulling out the USB Drive and then putting the SSD as Boot Priority

However, if I install Windows, remove the USB Drive and then start up again, all I see is

~Reboot and Select proper Boot Device or Insert Boot Media in selected Boot device and press a key~

When I then insert the USB Drive again, it shows that there is now Data on the Partition.

I honestly feel like I ran out or options, is there anything I can do?

:)

Questiontest[1], Jan 9, 2021
  2. Sharief K Win User

Windows 10 endless loop reboot

Hi,

• Have you checked if the hard disk is set as first boot device in the BIOS?
    • Which version of Windows is installed on the computer?
    • What did the HP supported suggested you to fix the issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps provided in the following article and check if it helps.

Windows 10 endless loop reboot

If the issue persists, please get back to us with the more information about the interaction with HP support and the outcome of the issue.

Sharief K, Jan 9, 2021
  3. David Haz Win User
    Endless reboot loop

Hi Joanne,

If your PC is in a reboot loop state, there might be a component of Windows that is broken or damaged. We recommend that you use the installation media you have to reset your PC. Here's how:

• Connect the installation media to your PC, and then turn it on.
    • On the initial setup screen, enter your language and other preferences, and then select
      Next.
      • Note: If you're not seeing the setup screen, your PC might not be set up to boot from a drive. Check your PC manufacturer's website for info on how to change your PC's boot order, and then try again.
    • Select Repair your computer.
    • On the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot. From there, select
      Reset this PC to reinstall Windows 10. This will remove apps and drivers you installed and changes you made to settings, but lets you choose to keep or remove your personal files.

If you need further assistance, feel free to ask us.

David Haz, Jan 9, 2021
  4. cognus Win User

My newly built PC keeps rebooting into Windows Setup in a loop when trying to install it...

Creators Update: Built-in Administrator Account stuck in setup loop

never seen this one before, folks.
    I'm trying to repair software problems with a HP x360, after Creator' Update. Apparenly the built-in Administrator Account was never setup. I invoked it "active" rebooted and accessed "Administrator" in safe mode.
    It has been looping for an hour now, finally losing most of the video display - only the cursor is visible, or the trace of a touch on the touchscreen.
    Anyone seen this before and what is the cause & remedy? The disk light just keeps on rolling as it tries in vain to setup

cognus, Jan 9, 2021
Thema:

My newly built PC keeps rebooting into Windows Setup in a loop when trying to install it...

1. My newly built PC keeps rebooting into Windows Setup in a loop when trying to install it... - Similar Threads - newly built keeps

2. Custom Built PC in a Reboot Loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Custom Built PC in a Reboot Loop: Hi all,I recently built this PC.Unsure if it is worth noting but the PC initially worked and had Windows installed, but when going to check the activation status of Windows, this reboot loop begun.I am now attempting to install Windows via USB onto the NVME which I had...
  3. Custom Built PC in a Reboot Loop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Custom Built PC in a Reboot Loop: Hi all,I recently built this PC.Unsure if it is worth noting but the PC initially worked and had Windows installed, but when going to check the activation status of Windows, this reboot loop begun.I am now attempting to install Windows via USB onto the NVME which I had...
  4. Custom Built PC in a Reboot Loop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Newly built pc keeps crashing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Newly built pc keeps crashing: I have recently built a new pc and I had succesfully installed windows on it but aboit 30 min after into my setup my pc crashed. After it crashed it would only reboot to my bios screen an I have no option in my boot priority. I thought it was my ssd so with some researxhI...
  6. Window 10 installation on newly built PC

Window 10 installation on newly built PC: Hello, so i have recently built a pc and im trying to install window 10. Once im on the installation part it restarts the pc and it ask me to basically do it all over again....
  7. newly built pc

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    newly built pc: so my friend helped me build my first pc and now I am having problems I keep getting a different blue screen and I don't know what to do I have tried to fix them by looking them up but it doesn't seem to work...
  8. Newly Built PC Keeps Crashing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Newly Built PC Keeps Crashing: Last week I recently built my new PC and it was working fine up until last night when I was live streaming a game of CS:GO and my PC randomly crashed during warmup. Little did I know this was just the start of it... I left my PC on throughout the night and woke up the next...
  9. Newly build pc keeps freezing when trying to install windows.

Newly build pc keeps freezing when trying to install windows.: I build a new pc, everything is well in the bios, but when I try to install windows, it freezes, or restarts and then freezes. Sometimes it can fully install windows, but then when it restarts in order to boot from the ssd, it freezes. Sometimes it freezes in the windows...
  10. Windows 10 installation on a newly built PC

Windows 10 installation on a newly built PC: I just finished building a new PC and all was working fine for a while until I went to install the OS. I used a USB that I put the ISO file on and when I turned on the computer, I received a bunch of error messages. First was error 0xc0000221, then 0xc0000098, then...