Windows 10: My Norton Power Eraser detected "an older version of Java has been detected"

Discus and support My Norton Power Eraser detected "an older version of Java has been detected" in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; After having to get help from Norton Security, they had me perform a Power Eraser Scan. A warning came up stating that it detected a older version... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by jrscpu, Oct 29, 2020.

1. jrscpu Win User

My Norton Power Eraser detected "an older version of Java has been detected"

After having to get help from Norton Security, they had me perform a Power Eraser Scan.

A warning came up stating that it detected a older version of Java that might have put me at risk.
    The next Norton agent suggested me to contact Microsoft since the OS uses Java and by removing

anything related to Java might due damage.

I see in the appwiz.cpl, that there are 2 Java programs listed:

1 - Java 7 Update 71

2 - Java 7 Update 45 64-Bit

I won't do anything until I get advice from Microsoft as to how to proceed? Thank you.

:)

jrscpu, Oct 29, 2020

2. dnsapi.dll: Norton says outbound traffic detected

Norton security software wants to run Power Eraser because it reports "outbound traffic detected." I run the Power Eraser, but Norton says it cannot fix the problem. Norton appears to identify dnsapi.dll as the source. I'm not sure if Norton is unnecessarily
    sensitive, or if the dnsapi.dll file might be infected.

ChadHanefeld, Oct 29, 2020
  3. Borg 386 Win User
    Trojan Detected in OneDrive

You could give Norton Power Eraser a shot. You can find it here. It would be advisable to read the tutorial.

Norton Power Eraser | Free Tool | Easily remove scamware that traditional virus scanning can’t detect.

Borg 386, Oct 29, 2020
  4. Jack_246 Win User

Suspicious Outbound Traffic Detected in Norton 360

Hi, everyone, earlier today went turned on my monitor for my computer I saw a pop-up from my Norton 360 Security suite saying "Outbound Traffic Detected, We have detected a large
    amount of suspicious activity on your system. Your computer may be infected with something that Norton Power Eraser can detect and remove." (I will post a screenshot of this so you guys can see) Then it asks I want to run Norton Power Eraser. After this happened
    I checked the logs and I noticed that Norton said that "An intrusion attempt by 66.240.250 was blocked." (There were two of these instances or entries the Security History windows.) It also says that IPS Alert is System Infected: GhostNet Backdoor Activity
    3 and the traffic description was TCP, Port 60670.(I will post a screenshot of this) There is also an instance or example in the log that say Intrusion Prevention Auto Block has blocked IP: 66.240.205.34 for a period of 30 minutes. After this I ran Norton
    Power Eraser and detected something but I think they are false positives because two the files were installers for Adobe CS2 that I download from Adobe's website, two were batch files that I made myself, one was a Google Chrome bookmarks file and the last
    one which I think the most suspicious was a registry key for "microsoft. powershell" The registry key is: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\PowerShell\1\ShellIds\Microsoft.PowerShell\"ExecutionPolicy" and the file thumbprint is SHA: Not Available. What
    does this mean? What should I do? What is going on? Is my computer infected One thing that I think is odd is that the Security History Window the is there are several entries or instances of Ip Address has disappeared from adapter Microsoft Teredo Tunneling
    Adapter (then it list Ip address.) Is this normal? The software that I have downloaded and installed recently is Seagate Sea Tools, Acronis Disk Director, Paragon Partition Manager 14 Free, and I have reinstalled and updated AOMEI Partition Assistant Standard,
    I have also updated Western Digital Data Lifeguard Diagnostics and tried install Seagate DiscWizard. All of the software that I have mentioned was downloaded from the developer's website My computer seems to be running as well at it used to I have not noticed
    any abnormal performance slow downs except for wireless adapter. I done multiple antivirus scan recently with Malwarebytes and Norton 360 and both of them have not come up with anything. Thank you, hope you guys can help me.

Jack_246, Oct 29, 2020
Thema:

1. My Norton Power Eraser detected "an older version of Java has been detected" - Similar Threads - Norton Power Eraser

2. Detect if a Java is being used

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Detect if a Java is being used: How can I tell if any application is using Java? Is always created a process java.exe or javaw.exe? Could it be hidden in another process and be hard to detect? I'm using platform 1E to detect Java usage, but it will only detect explicit processes.The thing is I want to...
  3. Detect if a Java is being used

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Detect if a Java is being used: How can I tell if any application is using Java? Is always created a process java.exe or javaw.exe? Could it be hidden in another process and be hard to detect? I'm using platform 1E to detect Java usage, but it will only detect explicit processes.The thing is I want to...
  4. # A fatal error has been detected by the Java Runtime Environment: # #...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    # A fatal error has been detected by the Java Runtime Environment: # #...: In MinecraftI've Installed the latest version of java, Problem Persists. --------------- S U M M A R Y ------------ Command Line: -XX:HeapDumpPath=MojangTricksIntelDriversForPerformance_javaw.exe_minecraft.exe.heapdump -Dos.name=Windows 10 -Dos.version=10.0 -Xss1M...
  5. # A fatal error has been detected by the Java Runtime Environment: # #...

# A fatal error has been detected by the Java Runtime Environment: # #...: In MinecraftI've Installed the latest version of java, Problem Persists. --------------- S U M M A R Y ------------ Command Line: -XX:HeapDumpPath=MojangTricksIntelDriversForPerformance_javaw.exe_minecraft.exe.heapdump -Dos.name=Windows 10 -Dos.version=10.0 -Xss1M...
  6. My steering wheel has been detected as controller

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My steering wheel has been detected as controller: so my steering wheel has been detected as controller and i cant use it normally, no force feedback and messed up buttons...my wheel is thrustmaster t150 and drivers are up to date, even when i tried reinstalling it, it still doesn´t work so please help me...
  7. My steering wheel has been detected as controller

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My steering wheel has been detected as controller: so my steering wheel has been detected as controller and i cant use it normally, no force feedback and messed up buttons...my wheel is thrustmaster t150 and drivers are up to date, even when i tried reinstalling it, it still doesn´t work so please help me...
  8. My steering wheel has been detected as controller

9. Norton detected a rootkit in my pc

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Norton detected a rootkit in my pc: Hello, I hope everyone is doing great.I have had a problem when I downloaded and opened a random .exe file by mistake which caused my laptop to suddenly restart.After the restart Norton detected winmon.sys virus which contained a hacktool.rootkit and removed it, afterwards it...
  10. Minecraft erreur, A fatal error has been detected by the Java Runtime Environment

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft erreur, A fatal error has been detected by the Java Runtime Environment: Minecraft ne fonctione pas avec des mods quand jessaie sela produit cette erreur si quelqu un c'est comment regler le probleme je suis preneur merci d'avance.A fatal error has been detected by the Java Runtime Environment: # # EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION 0xc0000005 at...