Windows 10: My Norton Power Eraser detected "an older version of Java has been detected"

Discus and support My Norton Power Eraser detected "an older version of Java has been detected" in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; After having to get help from Norton Security, they had me perform a Power Eraser Scan. A warning came up stating that it detected a older version... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by jrscpu, Oct 29, 2020.

1. jrscpu Win User

My Norton Power Eraser detected "an older version of Java has been detected"

After having to get help from Norton Security, they had me perform a Power Eraser Scan.

A warning came up stating that it detected a older version of Java that might have put me at risk.
    The next Norton agent suggested me to contact Microsoft since the OS uses Java and by removing

anything related to Java might due damage.

I see in the appwiz.cpl, that there are 2 Java programs listed:

1 - Java 7 Update 71

2 - Java 7 Update 45 64-Bit

I won't do anything until I get advice from Microsoft as to how to proceed? Thank you.

:)

jrscpu, Oct 29, 2020

2. dnsapi.dll: Norton says outbound traffic detected

Norton security software wants to run Power Eraser because it reports "outbound traffic detected." I run the Power Eraser, but Norton says it cannot fix the problem. Norton appears to identify dnsapi.dll as the source. I'm not sure if Norton is unnecessarily
    sensitive, or if the dnsapi.dll file might be infected.

ChadHanefeld, Oct 29, 2020
  3. Borg 386 Win User
    Trojan Detected in OneDrive

You could give Norton Power Eraser a shot. You can find it here. It would be advisable to read the tutorial.

Norton Power Eraser | Free Tool | Easily remove scamware that traditional virus scanning can’t detect.

Borg 386, Oct 29, 2020
  4. Jack_246 Win User

Suspicious Outbound Traffic Detected in Norton 360

Hi, everyone, earlier today went turned on my monitor for my computer I saw a pop-up from my Norton 360 Security suite saying "Outbound Traffic Detected, We have detected a large
    amount of suspicious activity on your system. Your computer may be infected with something that Norton Power Eraser can detect and remove." (I will post a screenshot of this so you guys can see) Then it asks I want to run Norton Power Eraser. After this happened
    I checked the logs and I noticed that Norton said that "An intrusion attempt by 66.240.250 was blocked." (There were two of these instances or entries the Security History windows.) It also says that IPS Alert is System Infected: GhostNet Backdoor Activity
    3 and the traffic description was TCP, Port 60670.(I will post a screenshot of this) There is also an instance or example in the log that say Intrusion Prevention Auto Block has blocked IP: 66.240.205.34 for a period of 30 minutes. After this I ran Norton
    Power Eraser and detected something but I think they are false positives because two the files were installers for Adobe CS2 that I download from Adobe's website, two were batch files that I made myself, one was a Google Chrome bookmarks file and the last
    one which I think the most suspicious was a registry key for "microsoft. powershell" The registry key is: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\PowerShell\1\ShellIds\Microsoft.PowerShell\"ExecutionPolicy" and the file thumbprint is SHA: Not Available. What
    does this mean? What should I do? What is going on? Is my computer infected One thing that I think is odd is that the Security History Window the is there are several entries or instances of Ip Address has disappeared from adapter Microsoft Teredo Tunneling
    Adapter (then it list Ip address.) Is this normal? The software that I have downloaded and installed recently is Seagate Sea Tools, Acronis Disk Director, Paragon Partition Manager 14 Free, and I have reinstalled and updated AOMEI Partition Assistant Standard,
    I have also updated Western Digital Data Lifeguard Diagnostics and tried install Seagate DiscWizard. All of the software that I have mentioned was downloaded from the developer's website My computer seems to be running as well at it used to I have not noticed
    any abnormal performance slow downs except for wireless adapter. I done multiple antivirus scan recently with Malwarebytes and Norton 360 and both of them have not come up with anything. Thank you, hope you guys can help me.

Jack_246, Oct 29, 2020
Thema:

1. My Norton Power Eraser detected "an older version of Java has been detected" - Similar Threads - Norton Power Eraser

2. Has Captive Portal detection been removed from Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Has Captive Portal detection been removed from Windows 10?: Windows 10 used to detect our Captive Portal as per this document: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/drivers/mobilebroadband/captive-portals Using wireshark, I can not see any request going out to www.msftncsi.com, has this feature been removed? I did see...
  3. Everything has been erased

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Everything has been erased: Ok so over the last two days there has been some sort of update that has erased everything on my computer and restarted it with a new windows. I did find everything yesterday and was able to put it everything back on my computer. I turn it back on today and everything is...
  4. Javas Update Schedular Detected as a Virus

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Javas Update Schedular Detected as a Virus: Heres what the Anti-Virus Says: Behavior:Win32/Execution.IF!ml Threat Level: Severe Category: Suspicious Behavior Details: This Program is Dangerous and Excecutes commands from an attacker. Heres a message to windows: FIX YOUR ANTI-VIRUS. I am honestly pissed off...
  5. No boot disk has been detected or the disk has failed

in Windows 10 News
    No boot disk has been detected or the disk has failed: [ATTACH]If when you boot your Windows 10 computer and you receive the No boot disk has been detected or the disk has failed error message, […] This article No boot disk has been detected or the disk has failed first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  6. A router/access point channel conflict has been detected

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    A router/access point channel conflict has been detected: I can not print from my PC computer to my air printer. I get the following error “ A router/access point channel conflict has been detected. If you have problems printing or scanning improve your wireless network environment “. My router/modem is in the same room as...
  7. my xps 8300 powers on but doesn't detect hardrive

my xps 8300 powers on but doesn't detect hardrive: my xps 8300 powers on but doesn't detect hardrive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-xps-8300-powers-on-but-doesnt-detect-hardrive/363b9b28-65ad-4ded-af4b-0213335a4677
  8. usb port has power but cannot detect external devices

usb port has power but cannot detect external devices: One of my USB port has power supply. But doesn't read any external devices connected to it.I tried all the general solution on device manager.please help me with it....
  9. My Norton AV tells me: "dm_log_collector.exe is not safe and has been

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My Norton AV tells me: "dm_log_collector.exe is not safe and has been: How to Identify Source of WDF_violation in windows 10 - Howdy All! I'm still working out the kinks in Windows 10. When I needed the ability to run a Restore Point and followed these steps: Shift-Restart -> Troubleshoot -> Advanced Options -> System Restore I came up...
  10. Error: no boot disk has been detected ot the disk has failed.

in Windows 10 Support
    Error: no boot disk has been detected ot the disk has failed.: So, after about 2 weeks of experiencing Windows 10 I've decided to revert back to Windows 8.1, since I was more experienced at it. So I followed every step to downgrade the system, waited for about a few hours, then I noticed that when Windows restarted, it somehow went to an...