Windows 10: my notepad is not normal in windows ten

Discus and support my notepad is not normal in windows ten in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; The windows was done with the iso and the notepad is not normal it has a red x and it also has chat font I want it back to normal.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AlanaHoff, May 14, 2019.

1. AlanaHoff Win User

my notepad is not normal in windows ten

The windows was done with the iso and the notepad is not normal it has a red x and it also has chat font I want it back to normal.

:)

AlanaHoff, May 14, 2019

2. Notepad

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below:

• Open Task Manager. Here’s a tip: press CTRL+SHIFT+ESC.
    • Click on Startup tab.
    • Select Notepad from the list and click on Disable.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us
    for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, May 14, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Character Map and Notepad

Well I found the answer to my question. I should have thought through this a little longer.

Notepad is native in ANSI mode.
    However Wordpad can work in UTF-8 mode.
    I found steps to make Notepad usable in UTF-8 mode but there are a lot of steps and once again there has to be a registry hack to make it work.
    Now how do I make Workpad be listed in the most used application through the Start Menu?

1ThursdayJC, May 14, 2019
  4. JCabebe Win User

Notepad

I followed your suggestion but wasn't able to find Notepad listed on the startup. There are some listed as program but don't know which ones it could be.

JCabebe, May 14, 2019
Thema:

1. my notepad is not normal in windows ten - Similar Threads - notepad normal ten

2. worm in my windows ten but really its a server disguised as windows ten

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    worm in my windows ten but really its a server disguised as windows ten: so this has been going on for three months or so. called my isp yesterday, they were worthless. I've sought advice around town and have avoided submitting anything online simply because i feel its unlikely to help my situation. i have about 3-4 pcs I've attempted to try and...
  3. Windows 11 Notepad injecting into another process - is this normal?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Notepad injecting into another process - is this normal?: Carbon Black Endpoint Standard is detecting Notepad injecting into another process, but only on Windows 11.Is this something that's "normal" for the Windows 11 version of Notepad?notepad.exe using SetWindowsHookEx for...something?What's it doing? WHY?To be clear, this isn't...
  4. Windows 11 Notepad injecting into another process - is this normal?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Notepad injecting into another process - is this normal?: Carbon Black Endpoint Standard is detecting Notepad injecting into another process, but only on Windows 11.Is this something that's "normal" for the Windows 11 version of Notepad?notepad.exe using SetWindowsHookEx for...something?What's it doing? WHY?To be clear, this isn't...
  5. Windows Ten

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Ten: can windows ten be transferred to another motherboard if the old motherboard that failed is different. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-ten/8332a453-0dfd-4a35-8fc9-d6f1cdbc2b2a
  6. Windows Ten

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Ten: I have shut down my computer as normal and, when opening again, it appears all my settings, Office and files have disappeared. How can I get back to how it was without actually starting everything again right from the beginning? I just want it back to how it was this morning....
  7. Windows Ten

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Ten: When I scan a paper, to email it to my family, I use the PDF icon. When I had Windows 7, the program automatically put a copy of the scanned page in my document folder. When I perform the same task in Windows ten I can't find a copy of the scanned paper anywhere. Does it...
  8. Windows ten

in Cortana
    Windows ten: hello recently reset my pc and this appeard Does anybod know what it is and how i can fix it thanks [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-ten/0086d953-8719-4a95-9b1a-38ab13e67984"
  9. Windows Ten

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Ten: How can I create a schedule in landscape form. I am using Windows Ten and are new to this system. Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-ten/70530d32-24fd-4c09-8cb3-a4e200e73d76
  10. My first BSOD in ten.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My first BSOD in ten.: It happened after I just have installed Speccy and let it run for the first time. When it is "Analyzing", the BSOD happened. The screen says it is cpuz138_x64.sys that caused the BSOD. I dont have CPUz Installed. The later runs of Speccy went good. So .... my...