Windows 10: My notification area icons are too far apart, any way to fix it?

Discus and support My notification area icons are too far apart, any way to fix it? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I upgraded my computer from W8.1 to W10 recently. I used my taskbar on the left side with the minimum width possible. After upgrading, I noticed that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by lixoman100, Aug 11, 2015.

1. My notification area icons are too far apart, any way to fix it?

I upgraded my computer from W8.1 to W10 recently. I used my taskbar on the left side with the minimum width possible. After upgrading, I noticed that my notiication area icons were all in the same column instead of being spread over two columns as they used to be.

Further investigation showed that the icon's "clickable" area - the are that gets highlighted when you mouseover - is wider than it should be. This is also noticed on a regular horizontal taskbar - icons are further spaced apart than they should be.

I've upgraded another computer of mine from 8.1 to 10, and my computer at work from 7 to 10, and neither one has this issue - both can show two columns of icons on a minimum-width vertical taskbar, and both show less spacing between icons on an horizontal taskbar.

I've searched everywhere for a solution, tried messing with settings and with tablet mode and I'm out of options. Has anyone seen this issue as well? Does anyone have any ideas of what I can try?

Thanks.

:)

lixoman100, Aug 11, 2015

2. Show Notification From these apps

I am getting the same thing too, but mine was fixed by using resetting the notification area icons like you would in windows 7 or 8 from here: Notification Area Icons - Reset - Windows 7 Help Forums see if this fixes the problem for
    you too?

I am having trouble removing the icons that is left behind by uninstalled software though, so far I haven't found a fix for it yet

NeedSolutionsASAP, Aug 11, 2015
  3. Missing Notification area Icon in Windows 10 control Panel

I too no longer have the notifications area arrow showing (since the Microsoft Answer Desk reinstalled Windows 10 for me remotely), nor do I have any way of displaying hidden notification icons. There are a few that are critical for me to display all of
    the time, but they are not listed on the settings screen for the notifications area. This doesn't seem like it should be so hard. Too many things in Windows 10 are too hard.

Papa Danno, Aug 11, 2015
Thema:

My notification area icons are too far apart, any way to fix it?

1. My notification area icons are too far apart, any way to fix it? - Similar Threads - notification area icons

2. Notification Area Icons - not showing any icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Notification Area Icons - not showing any icons: [img] [img] [img] I tried some .bat files from this forum, but nothing changed Windows 10 version: 190318 Please help me to solve this...thanks 151929
  3. Desktop icons are too widely spaced apart

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop icons are too widely spaced apart: My desktop applications are too widely spaced apart. How do I revert it back to when all my apps could be placed in a grid-format along the left-hand side of the screen?...
  4. Any way to turn the Notifications area into a To-Do list?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Any way to turn the Notifications area into a To-Do list?: I like having a pop-up in the bottom right of the screen, but have never found notifications useful. Is there a way to turn it into a to-do list? As in, just a simple area for entering text? submitted by /u/Alfred_Brendel [link] [comments]...
  5. notification area sound icon

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    notification area sound icon: Windows 10 on Bootcamp - Notification area sound icon does not control sound, any ideas please. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/notification-area-sound-icon/4cf1a029-4624-41fc-88d5-8f22ea492241
  6. icon in notification area

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    icon in notification area: my icon in notification area has grows legs and left it is missing . how do I get it back https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/icon-in-notification-area/d449855c-35f5-4971-adc1-47e795376db8
  7. Is there a way to change the notification area

Is there a way to change the notification area: Hi, I use Windows 10 OS. Everyday when I login to my laptop, there will be quite a number of new emails to outlook. These notifications appear on the bottom right hand side. As these numbers are many, I am unable to use any other icons there in the quick launch for...
  8. Is there a way to increase icon size in notification area?

in Windows 10 Support
    Is there a way to increase icon size in notification area?: Same question for the System Tray? 109917
  9. Notification Area Icons location

Notification Area Icons location: Could not find "Notification Area Icons" in "All Control Panel Items" for Windows 10, but I could find it under Settings-System-Notifications. Is that normal for Windows 10? How can I add it in the "All Control Panel Items"? Thanks 42364
  10. Notification area is broken under 110% scaling. Any way to fix it?

in Windows 10 Support
    Notification area is broken under 110% scaling. Any way to fix it?: To better suit my monitor, I want to run my Windows 10 in 110% scaling mode, just like I did with Windows 7. When I adjust scaling to 110% everything does indeed look right (i.e. very similar to Windows 7). However, there's an obvious issue with notification area icons:...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. at 110% scaling taskbar icons disappear