Windows 10: My numeric pad for MS sculpt keyboard will not enter numbers

Discus and support My numeric pad for MS sculpt keyboard will not enter numbers in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; The number pad on my MS sculpt keyboard will not enter numbers although the function keys work... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by jlmack, Oct 17, 2020.

1. jlmack Win User

My numeric pad for MS sculpt keyboard will not enter numbers

The number pad on my MS sculpt keyboard will not enter numbers although the function keys work

:)

jlmack, Oct 17, 2020

2. Number pad that comes with Sculpt wireless keyboard.

Hi,

This problem may occur due to an outdated or corrupted device driver. For us to provide the best resolution possible, we'll be needing additional information:

• Is the number pad device visible on Device Manager?
    • Is the wireless keyboard working on your computer?

Meanwhile, we suggest following the troubleshooting steps provided on this
    article
    . It contains information and basic troubleshooting steps regarding keyboard problems in Windows.

We're looking forward to your reply.

Gerard Qui, Oct 17, 2020
  3. R-cube Win User
    Microsoft Sculpt Keyboard & Number pad

My sculpt ergonomic keyboards and number pads changed performance recently. I suspect some change in Windows 10.

Number keys stopped working regardless of Num Lock state. Calculator, / *, - + buttons work as expected.

On keyboard, the first character typed does not always ppear ==> appear.

Updated drivers, changed batteries, rebooted computer and usb transceiver -- no help.

Using Dell Precision 5520, Win10 -- two months old.

Keyboard and number pad worked until a couple weeks ago.

I have 3 sculpt keyboards and number pads, one at each desk location. Two connect via docking stations, the via USB hub.
    All three systems exhibit same issues, so I don't think it is computer HW or the devices.

Please advise next action.

R-cube, Oct 17, 2020
  4. My numeric pad for MS sculpt keyboard will not enter numbers

Enter non-breaking space without a numeric keyboard pad?

In Windows 10, I need a way to enter a non-breaking space. (The application, an old version of Finale, does not have a built-in shortcut for the purpose).

And I have to do it on a laptop that does not have a dedicated numeric pad.

If I attach an external keyboard, Alt+0160 (on numeric pad) works perfectly. But I can't find a way to replicate it on the built-in keyboard, which has no numeric keypad. If I use the regular number keys at the top, Alt+0160 does nothing, nor does Alt+Fn+0160.

Is there a working way to enter a non-breaking space? (Apart from copy-pasting the one I entered with the external keyboard, of course).

Mikhail Ramendik, Oct 17, 2020
Thema:

My numeric pad for MS sculpt keyboard will not enter numbers

1. My numeric pad for MS sculpt keyboard will not enter numbers - Similar Threads - numeric pad sculpt

2. MS Sculpt Ergonomic desktop keyboard/mouse/number pad

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS Sculpt Ergonomic desktop keyboard/mouse/number pad: USB receiver is defective. How do I get a replacement? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ms-sculpt-ergonomic-desktop-keyboardmousenumber/08b532c5-9a32-4d68-941e-54910f79bd53
  3. MS Sculpt Ergonomic desktop keyboard/mouse/number pad

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MS Sculpt Ergonomic desktop keyboard/mouse/number pad: USB receiver is defective. How do I get a replacement? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ms-sculpt-ergonomic-desktop-keyboardmousenumber/08b532c5-9a32-4d68-941e-54910f79bd53
  4. MS Sculpt Ergonomic desktop keyboard/mouse/number pad

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Numeric number pad on keyboard not loading

in Windows 10 Customization
    Numeric number pad on keyboard not loading: I had my computer was in the shop and now my numeric number pad is not activated when it starts. I have researched the help and some solutions did not work or are difficult to do. Is there an easy way to have it lock up to work when you log on. Pleasing the loc button for 5...
  6. Numeric number pad on keyboard not loading

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Numeric number pad on keyboard not loading: I had my computer was in the shop and now my numeric number pad is not activated when it starts. I have researched the help and some solutions did not work or are difficult to do. Is there an easy way to have it lock up to work when you log on. Pleasing the loc button for 5...
  7. Numeric number pad on keyboard not loading

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Sculpt Keyboard Number pad stopped working

Sculpt Keyboard Number pad stopped working: Hi, in july my workers compensation group bought me home office equipment. This included a sculpt keyboard. Due to covid I went back to work in September and was sent home again 3 days ago. Now the number pad on my keyboard is not working at all. Can you help me?...
  9. Microsoft Ergonomic Sculpt Keyboard and Numeric Pad Not Working

Microsoft Ergonomic Sculpt Keyboard and Numeric Pad Not Working: Frustrating, Such a beautiful combo of wireless keyboard, number pad and mouse and such a waste of money. I've had this setup for a couple months, worked beautifully and then all of a sudden keyboard and number pad stopped working. I followed all the steps,...
  10. Microsoft Sculpt Keyboard & Number pad

Microsoft Sculpt Keyboard & Number pad: My sculpt ergonomic keyboards and number pads changed performance recently. I suspect some change in Windows 10. Number keys stopped working regardless of Num Lock state. Calculator, / *, - + buttons work as expected. On keyboard, the first character typed does not always...