Windows 10: My numeric pad for MS sculpt keyboard will not enter numbers

Discus and support My numeric pad for MS sculpt keyboard will not enter numbers in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; The number pad on my MS sculpt keyboard will not enter numbers although the function keys work... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by jlmack, Oct 17, 2020.

1. jlmack Win User

My numeric pad for MS sculpt keyboard will not enter numbers

The number pad on my MS sculpt keyboard will not enter numbers although the function keys work

:)

jlmack, Oct 17, 2020

2. Number pad that comes with Sculpt wireless keyboard.

Hi,

This problem may occur due to an outdated or corrupted device driver. For us to provide the best resolution possible, we'll be needing additional information:

• Is the number pad device visible on Device Manager?
    • Is the wireless keyboard working on your computer?

Meanwhile, we suggest following the troubleshooting steps provided on this
    article
    . It contains information and basic troubleshooting steps regarding keyboard problems in Windows.

We're looking forward to your reply.

Gerard Qui, Oct 17, 2020
  3. R-cube Win User
    Microsoft Sculpt Keyboard & Number pad

My sculpt ergonomic keyboards and number pads changed performance recently. I suspect some change in Windows 10.

Number keys stopped working regardless of Num Lock state. Calculator, / *, - + buttons work as expected.

On keyboard, the first character typed does not always ppear ==> appear.

Updated drivers, changed batteries, rebooted computer and usb transceiver -- no help.

Using Dell Precision 5520, Win10 -- two months old.

Keyboard and number pad worked until a couple weeks ago.

I have 3 sculpt keyboards and number pads, one at each desk location. Two connect via docking stations, the via USB hub.
    All three systems exhibit same issues, so I don't think it is computer HW or the devices.

Please advise next action.

R-cube, Oct 17, 2020
  4. My numeric pad for MS sculpt keyboard will not enter numbers

Enter non-breaking space without a numeric keyboard pad?

In Windows 10, I need a way to enter a non-breaking space. (The application, an old version of Finale, does not have a built-in shortcut for the purpose).

And I have to do it on a laptop that does not have a dedicated numeric pad.

If I attach an external keyboard, Alt+0160 (on numeric pad) works perfectly. But I can't find a way to replicate it on the built-in keyboard, which has no numeric keypad. If I use the regular number keys at the top, Alt+0160 does nothing, nor does Alt+Fn+0160.

Is there a working way to enter a non-breaking space? (Apart from copy-pasting the one I entered with the external keyboard, of course).

Mikhail Ramendik, Oct 17, 2020
Thema:

My numeric pad for MS sculpt keyboard will not enter numbers

1. My numeric pad for MS sculpt keyboard will not enter numbers - Similar Threads - numeric pad sculpt

2. Keyboard number pad not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard number pad not working: I have a dell kb216, It's number pad is not working so I thought the keyboard maybe defective and connected it to an other device to see if it is defective, surprisingly it worked I tried restarting my device, changing usb ports etc I even reinstalled drivers. Please help....
  3. Physical numeric pad

in Windows 10 Customization
    Physical numeric pad: How to turn onphysical numeric keypad? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/physical-numeric-pad/a560163e-7243-428e-9728-898f87da1168
  4. Keyboard keys in numeric pad are not working

Keyboard keys in numeric pad are not working: I don't know why but 6 keys in numeric pad are not working4,5,6,/,*,- please help me how to fix this issue thanks in advance https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-keys-in-numeric-pad-are-not-working/d16f4d07-74d3-4854-994f-c64c42deda79
  5. I have the Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic Desktop Keyboard, number pad and Mouse.

I have the Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic Desktop Keyboard, number pad and Mouse.: I have the Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic Desktop Keyboard, number pad and Mouse. I want to know how to use the PrtScn button to print the screen and if the Function Button on the top right is needed? Also, how do I shut off the batteries in the keyboard so they don't run...
  6. Number pad on keyboard

Number pad on keyboard: I have just switched from an older Samsung laptop to an Asus VivoBook. When it arrived I found that the Zero and the Period/Decimal point are reversed. Since I started out in Accounting many many years ago I am having difficulty with this change. All my life the Zero has...
  7. Microsoft Ergonomic Sculpt Keyboard and Numeric Pad Not Working

Microsoft Ergonomic Sculpt Keyboard and Numeric Pad Not Working: Frustrating, Such a beautiful combo of wireless keyboard, number pad and mouse and such a waste of money. I've had this setup for a couple months, worked beautifully and then all of a sudden keyboard and number pad stopped working. I followed all the steps,...
  8. Keyboard Numeric Pad

Keyboard Numeric Pad: Numeric Key Pad does not work for Numbers and that is true for 5 different Keyboards attempted. Some Wireless and some tethered. Must be a Win 10 glitch. Any Solutions?...
  9. Microsoft Sculpt Keyboard & Number pad

Microsoft Sculpt Keyboard & Number pad: My sculpt ergonomic keyboards and number pads changed performance recently. I suspect some change in Windows 10. Number keys stopped working regardless of Num Lock state. Calculator, / *, - + buttons work as expected. On keyboard, the first character typed does not always...
  10. on-screen numeral pad

in Windows 10 Support
    on-screen numeral pad: Windows 10 on dell venue tablet with bluetooth keyboard and usb mouse. On start up sign in to MS account by pin rather than password selected. When click on pin, a numeral pad used to pop up and is very convenient as hand is already on mouse, so just click on each of the 4...