Windows 10: my Nvidia gpu isnt there in graphics options

Discus and support my Nvidia gpu isnt there in graphics options in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] my drivers are up to date, my bios has no options, ive tried deleting them, ive tried through the nvidia control panel, nothing worked.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/realnerdlord616, Feb 23, 2021.

1. Zeond1987 Win User

Is there a way to force a program to use a secondary GPU?

I have 2 GPU's (Nvidia GTX 970 and 1080) and I want to force a program to use the 1080 for certain programs/games. Going to Settings>System>Display>Graphics Settings should give me the option to switch GPU's. Unfortunately it does not list both of my GPU's
    nor does it allow me to change to another one, only the default GPU is chosen (the 970). This is a desktop computer and I have tried the Nvidia control panel and UEFI settings without much luck. If I tried selecting a program to run on my 1080 (through the
    Nvidia control panel), it would still run it on the 970. I have tried switching the GPU's around with not much luck there either. If I can suggest to Microsoft the option in the Graphics Settings to list both GPU's for selection, that would be great. Otherwise
    I don't know what to do. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thank you for your time.

Zeond1987, Feb 23, 2021
  2. Enable Intel HD Graphics and NVIDIA GPU automatically on Desktop

Hi,

I just upgraded my desktop with the following config:

Intel i5 7400 CPU,

NVIDIA GeForce 1050,

Win 10x64,

etc.

So obviously I have two display ports - one coming from inbuilt Intel HD 630 graphics, and one from my NVIDIA GPU. And for me, only one at a time seems to be working. This seems to be reasonable, however, I read somewhere that application warranting more graphics
    power will automatically trigger the GPU.

My query is:

1. If I use the motherboard port (built-in Intel HD 630), will it trigger the NVIDIA GPU automatically? - Doing so does not allow me to access NVIDIA control panel, actually. (Warning appears: You are not currently using a display attached to an NVIDIA GPU)

2. If I plug in my monitor in the GPU port, will Intel HD 630 remain ideal forever? This seems to be the case because when I do this, there are no Intel Graphics Setting options available.

3. Of course as running a desktop no need to worry about power, but if I only want to browse the internet and watch movies, can I switch back-and-forth between these GPUs?

Thanks much,

Sahaj.

Sahaj Panchal, Feb 23, 2021
  3. my Nvidia gpu isnt there in graphics options

Nvidia GPU Not Working. Error Code 45

Thank you for the sugestion, Jan.

It didnt work unfortunetly...

I booted my pc in safe mode then ran the driver cleanupp.

When i tried to install new drivers, it said that nvidia didnt find any nvidia gpu.

It seems like my grafics card just isnt there!

Do you have any other suggestions?

Thanks for your help and patiance in advance.

Erlend Henriksen, Feb 23, 2021
Thema:

my Nvidia gpu isnt there in graphics options

1. my Nvidia gpu isnt there in graphics options - Similar Threads - Nvidia gpu isnt

2. My GPU isnt functioning

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My GPU isnt functioning: I just updated my GPU driver to its latest version i have a GTX1050 and after i restarted my PC my gpu just doesnt work i go on the task manager and its not there i went on the device manager and the following message appears under device status "A driver service for this...
  3. My GPU isnt functioning

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My GPU isnt functioning: I just updated my GPU driver to its latest version i have a GTX1050 and after i restarted my PC my gpu just doesnt work i go on the task manager and its not there i went on the device manager and the following message appears under device status "A driver service for this...
  4. My GPU isnt functioning

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Nvidia Optimus: integrated graphics + Nvidia GPU. How to use Nvidia GPU for everything. Do...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Nvidia Optimus: integrated graphics + Nvidia GPU. How to use Nvidia GPU for everything. Do...: Windows 10 Home 21H2 19044.1526, 64-bit Ten-year-old Dell XPS L502x laptop Intel HD Graphics 3000 Nvidia GeForce GT 525M Nvidia Optimus technology, switches between integrated graphics and Nvidia GPU On Nvidia site, final driver release for my card is "GeForce Game Ready...
  6. Nvidia Optimus: integrated graphics + Nvidia GPU. How to use Nvidia GPU for everything. Do...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Nvidia Optimus: integrated graphics + Nvidia GPU. How to use Nvidia GPU for everything. Do...: Windows 10 Home 21H2 19044.1526, 64-bit Ten-year-old Dell XPS L502x laptop Intel HD Graphics 3000 Nvidia GeForce GT 525M Nvidia Optimus technology, switches between integrated graphics and Nvidia GPU On Nvidia site, final driver release for my card is "GeForce Game Ready...
  7. Nvidia Optimus: integrated graphics + Nvidia GPU. How to use Nvidia GPU for everything. Do...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Graphical glitches with universal apps on Nvidia GPU

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Graphical glitches with universal apps on Nvidia GPU: Universal Windows apps have these weird graphical glitches that result in text flickering and/or becoming blurred. Whenever I have an update to the Nvidia graphics drivers the problem seems to temporarily go away but return after turning it off and on. I'm using an Nvidia RTX...
  9. NVIDIA announces GeForce MX450 dedicated graphics GPU for laptops

in Windows 10 News
    NVIDIA announces GeForce MX450 dedicated graphics GPU for laptops: The NVIDIA® GeForce® MX450 graphics card accelerates your laptop for work and play. Now, you can expect even faster performance over the latest integrated graphics for faster photo editing, video editing, and gaming. It also works seamlessly with NVIDIA Optimus® technology...
  10. Install both Amd (for graphics) and Nvidia (for compute) gpu

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Install both Amd (for graphics) and Nvidia (for compute) gpu: Receiving soon the components for my new PC I will use the disk with Win10 installation from the old PC. Interested to know if it's possible also to use my old AMD gpu for the graphics (drivers are already installed in the boot disk I will shift from the old and soon unused...