Windows 10: My old desktop

Discus and support My old desktop in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I got Windows 10 when it first came out, i had some updates a while ago and this morning it took for ever for my desktop to appear and when it did it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by RichereMasson, Feb 9, 2019.

1. My old desktop

I got Windows 10 when it first came out, i had some updates a while ago and this morning it took for ever for my desktop to appear and when it did it was not my original desktop that i had before. How do i get my old desktop back????

:)

RichereMasson, Feb 9, 2019

2. Want old desktop back

• What old desktop?
    • What new desktop?
    • Vista is still getting updates?

Bruce Hagen, Feb 9, 2019
  3. fllckering desktop

Hi Yvonne,

To resolve your issue with flickering desktop, we suggest that you update your display drivers with the steps listed below:

• Right-click Start, then select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters to find the name of your device.
    • Right-click the device and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow steps to update display drivers.

Update us on the result.

Regards.

Angela Pun, Feb 9, 2019
  4. MohanC Win User

My old desktop

windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Feb 9, 2019
Thema:

My old desktop

1. My old desktop - Similar Threads - old desktop

2. How do I Install Windows 95' on an old COMPAQ PRESARIO desktop without an OS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I Install Windows 95' on an old COMPAQ PRESARIO desktop without an OS: The specific computer name is the Compaq Presario 5660. It was made to run Win98 but I upgraded it to WinXP then erased the hard drive. I want to install Win95 so then I can upgrade it to Win98SE since I bought a Win 98SE upgrade disk. And yes, I know that they are...
  3. How do I Install Windows 95' on an old COMPAQ PRESARIO desktop without an OS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I Install Windows 95' on an old COMPAQ PRESARIO desktop without an OS: The specific computer name is the Compaq Presario 5660. It was made to run Win98 but I upgraded it to WinXP then erased the hard drive. I want to install Win95 so then I can upgrade it to Win98SE since I bought a Win 98SE upgrade disk. And yes, I know that they are...
  4. Old Windows 8.1 Desktop Brought Out of Storage but Can't Activate??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Old Windows 8.1 Desktop Brought Out of Storage but Can't Activate??: So here's what's going on...I used to build my own boxes 10+ years ago. Met a girl in 2013, got married, had kids, bought houses and finally decided to bust out this old Desktop with Windows 8.1 that was purchased from a big box retailer Walmart/Best Buy probably around 2013...
  5. Old Windows 8.1 Desktop Brought Out of Storage but Can't Activate??

Old Windows 8.1 Desktop Brought Out of Storage but Can't Activate??: So here's what's going on...I used to build my own boxes 10+ years ago. Met a girl in 2013, got married, had kids, bought houses and finally decided to bust out this old Desktop with Windows 8.1 that was purchased from a big box retailer Walmart/Best Buy probably around 2013...
  6. Old Items Deleted Out of Recycle Bin are Dumped on Desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Old Items Deleted Out of Recycle Bin are Dumped on Desktop: My storage sense is not on and every few weeks items I have deleted out of my recycle bin almost a year ago still appear on my desktop. I do not know how to fix this problem....
  7. Old Items Deleted Out of Recycle Bin are Dumped on Desktop

Old Items Deleted Out of Recycle Bin are Dumped on Desktop: My storage sense is not on and every few weeks items I have deleted out of my recycle bin almost a year ago still appear on my desktop. I do not know how to fix this problem....
  8. Files from Desktop and documents not visible in Old SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Files from Desktop and documents not visible in Old SSD: So I recently got a new laptop and I removed my OLD ssd from previous laptop because It had many files stored in desktop ad download folder which I thought I will copy to my new laptop. I got an external SSD case and connected the ssd but I cant find any desktop and documents...
  9. Files from Desktop and documents not visible in Old SSD

Files from Desktop and documents not visible in Old SSD: So I recently got a new laptop and I removed my OLD ssd from previous laptop because It had many files stored in desktop ad download folder which I thought I will copy to my new laptop. I got an external SSD case and connected the ssd but I cant find any desktop and documents...
  10. How to change spotlight image on windows 11 desktop after restoring to old windows 10 menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change spotlight image on windows 11 desktop after restoring to old windows 10 menu: After resorting to old windows 10 menu using the instructions at: Restore old Right-click Context menu in Windows 11 . I am unable to change the windows 11 background on desktop using learn about this picture, as it only displays menu of open and it opens the search results...