Windows 10: My old fast PC.

Discus and support My old fast PC. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Can someone explain this to me. I have and old HP Compaq Elite 8300 SFF, 4GB ram, 250 SSD and 1TB HHD. It goes like a train. I also have have PC with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by worldstream, Aug 5, 2020.

1. My old fast PC.

Can someone explain this to me. I have and old HP Compaq Elite 8300 SFF, 4GB ram, 250 SSD and 1TB HHD. It goes like a train. I also have have PC with an AsUs motherboard, 16GB ram, 1TB SSD , 250 M2. I also have a Lenova E570, 8GB ram, 500GB SSD and 250GB M2. The HP seems a lot faster than the other two. Can't work it out, very strange.

:)

worldstream, Aug 5, 2020

2. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Aug 5, 2020
  3. Pricecheck on my old pc.

`

Hard thing to do
    it varies by local market
    You would probably get more if you sell individual (or bundled) components
    Suggest you see what individual components go for on Ebay as a price guide

dorsetknob, Aug 5, 2020
  4. 3Colors Win User

My old fast PC.

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond My old fast PC. :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Aug 5, 2020
Thema:

My old fast PC.

1. My old fast PC. - Similar Threads - old fast

2. Need help with old version of Windows 10 notepad

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help with old version of Windows 10 notepad: I have the notepad exec but when I try to open saved notepad it asks what program to open it, it was working yesterday but not today. I have Windows 11 23H2.I have checked answers to the notepad topic but these are how to get it where as my problem is that it no longer opens,...
  3. Need help with old version of Windows 10 notepad

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need help with old version of Windows 10 notepad: I have the notepad exec but when I try to open saved notepad it asks what program to open it, it was working yesterday but not today. I have Windows 11 23H2.I have checked answers to the notepad topic but these are how to get it where as my problem is that it no longer opens,...
  4. Unable to remove old workplace account from personal PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to remove old workplace account from personal PC: All advice I've seen to date is to open the Accounts page, select the account and click Disconnect. There is no option for this. There is a Manage option, however I no longer work for the company, so have no access to manage the account. A solution other than formatting the...
  5. Unable to remove old workplace account from personal PC

Unable to remove old workplace account from personal PC: All advice I've seen to date is to open the Accounts page, select the account and click Disconnect. There is no option for this. There is a Manage option, however I no longer work for the company, so have no access to manage the account. A solution other than formatting the...
  6. Can't find old Windows activation key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't find old Windows activation key: Hello, I purchased a Windows activation code from the Microsoft store back in 2019 to use on a PC I had built. I returned the PC shortly after and I was told that the activation key would be linked to my Microsoft account. I have since built a new PC and I cannot find the...
  7. Can't find old Windows activation key

Can't find old Windows activation key: Hello, I purchased a Windows activation code from the Microsoft store back in 2019 to use on a PC I had built. I returned the PC shortly after and I was told that the activation key would be linked to my Microsoft account. I have since built a new PC and I cannot find the...
  8. any pdf reader that’s just as fast as old Edge and isn’t bloated with features?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    any pdf reader that’s just as fast as old Edge and isn’t bloated with features?: the old edge had everything i needed: it was the smoothest pdf reader, with annotations and table of contents. that’s literally all i need. i don’t want adobe reader or any similar ones that look like office apps because they have so many features i don’t want like editing...
  9. Please Help Fast!! Restoring Old Documents Location V1709

in Windows 10 Support
    Please Help Fast!! Restoring Old Documents Location V1709: So I was trying to move my documents folder into my external hard drive so I could have mods for my sims games on the external. Unfortunately, I did it wrong (didn't create a folder for it to go into so everything go scattered around) and now I'm just trying to restore it...
  10. W10 10H1 fast / slow ring -- Read old IBM Microdrive OK !!!!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    W10 10H1 fast / slow ring -- Read old IBM Microdrive OK !!!!: Hi there I'm getting more impressed with some of the recent releases of W10 on the test rings -- OK I have serious problems with the Language interfaces on the 20H1 Skip ahead but on the latest Fast+Slow ring 19H1 release 18362.1 everything I need seems to work OK. I put an...