Windows 10: My Old HDD will not dissapear from Windows explorer

Discus and support My Old HDD will not dissapear from Windows explorer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I recently replaced my old HDD with a new one, but my problem is that the old HDD still is in windows explorer, I keep getting the error "desktop is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ParkerKnepp, Oct 1, 2019.

1. My Old HDD will not dissapear from Windows explorer

I recently replaced my old HDD with a new one, but my problem is that the old HDD still is in windows explorer, I keep getting the error "desktop is unavailable" whenever I try to do anything. How do I completely remove my old HDD from my PC?

:)

ParkerKnepp, Oct 1, 2019
  2. Johankaan Win User

unlock hdd

Johankaan, Oct 1, 2019
  3. Windows Explorer Replacement?

are you running IE7? if not that wouold be my first suggestion,upgrade to ie7 that can fix some stability issues with windows explorer

Athlon2K15, Oct 1, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

My Old HDD will not dissapear from Windows explorer

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 1, 2019
Thema:

My Old HDD will not dissapear from Windows explorer

1. My Old HDD will not dissapear from Windows explorer - Similar Threads - Old HDD dissapear

2. Old Hdd not showing in explorer after cloning to ssd

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Old Hdd not showing in explorer after cloning to ssd: I bought a new 500gb SSD, and did a disk copy of my old hdd, went into the BIOS afterwards and booted into the new hdd . It booted fine and everything works except I can't see the old hdd in explorer. It does show up in the BIOS and disk management panel though.The new ssd is...
  3. Old Hdd not showing in explorer after cloning to ssd

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Old Hdd not showing in explorer after cloning to ssd: I bought a new 500gb SSD, and did a disk copy of my old hdd, went into the BIOS afterwards and booted into the new hdd . It booted fine and everything works except I can't see the old hdd in explorer. It does show up in the BIOS and disk management panel though.The new ssd is...
  4. Old Hdd not showing in explorer after cloning to ssd

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. My old SSD dissapeared, please help!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My old SSD dissapeared, please help!: I have a prebuild PC that came with a secondary SSD in a NVMe slot. A few days ago, a reinstalled windows keeping my archives, as I did many times before, but after that my SSD dissapeared from Windows. If I open BIOS it shows there, even can see the folders, but later on...
  6. My old SSD dissapeared, please help!

My old SSD dissapeared, please help!: I have a prebuild PC that came with a secondary SSD in a NVMe slot. A few days ago, a reinstalled windows keeping my archives, as I did many times before, but after that my SSD dissapeared from Windows. If I open BIOS it shows there, even can see the folders, but later on...
  7. Use old HDD from old laptop as an external drive?

Use old HDD from old laptop as an external drive?: Hey there, this is my first time writing/asking here, so any response would be appreciated :So I have an old laptop of mine, an Asus A42J with 4GB of ram and 150GB of HDD. My plan is upgrading the HDD to an SSD, but I don't really want to backup anything from my HDD because...
  8. Old HDD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Old HDD: So I just found an old hdd I've been looking for and plugged it into my comp using a usb bridge. It didn't show in explorer so I checked disk management and there it is. It says it's healthy and while it's probably almost 25 years old, the drive is still running just fine...
  9. HDD disappears from Explorer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HDD disappears from Explorer: All was fine until recently. There's been no hardware changes or software installs, apart from possibly Windows updates! Physically all is fine. A 2nd internal HDD E: randomly fails to appear in windows explorer. Rebooting the PC usually resorts the drive view. Q - Why...
  10. Delete Windows from old HDD

in Windows 10 Support
    Delete Windows from old HDD: Hi, I replaced my wife's HDD with and SSD and want to use her old drive to back data, the OS won't let me delete the Windows folder and I don't want to format the drive. Can I force Windows to delete the folder? 120194