Windows 10: My old PC died, I built a new one but how do I activate Windows 10??

Discus and support My old PC died, I built a new one but how do I activate Windows 10?? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, My old PC died running Windows 10 Pro, So I built a new PC. How do I activate windows again???? (I haven't got the code) I can see both PC's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Drakisath, Oct 8, 2019.

1. Drakisath Win User

My old PC died, I built a new one but how do I activate Windows 10??

Hi, My old PC died running Windows 10 Pro, So I built a new PC.

How do I activate windows again???? (I haven't got the code)

I can see both PC's in my devices on my account.

I have tried settings>Security>Activate >troubleshooting to activate but the only device that appears is my old PC??

How do I Activate my new one???

:)

Drakisath, Oct 8, 2019
  2. Venomise Win User

Built a new PC, old activation code not working.

So long story short is that I built myself a new PC, ran a keycheck with the old one and have the activation key on hand. Yet when I attempt to activate it on my new computer via booting it from a hard drive the key isn't working. I get "this product didn't
    work, please check it and try again."

My new computer has my old hard drive in it as well, if that makes any sort of difference.

I have my version of windows 10 home and would just like a new, or swapped activation key in order to get this going.

Venomise, Oct 8, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 8, 2019
  4. My old PC died, I built a new one but how do I activate Windows 10??

Windows 10 activation after new PC build

I have recently built a new PC, my old one died. I had the liscence for windows 10 home and now I can't get it activated by signing in. I am running windows 10 s right now non activated. How do I switch to windows 10 home to activate my account?

RobertLogan2, Oct 8, 2019
Thema:

My old PC died, I built a new one but how do I activate Windows 10??

1. My old PC died, I built a new one but how do I activate Windows 10?? - Similar Threads - old died built

2. Built a new PC, destroyed my old one, cannot activate Windows 10 for my new one.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Built a new PC, destroyed my old one, cannot activate Windows 10 for my new one.: I asked what I needed to do in order to not lose my Windows license here two weeks ago. I followed instructions. I made a boot/install USB stick using my old PC beforehand.My old PC had a registered Windows 10 Home that originated from a Windows 7 storebought copy which I...
  3. Built a new PC, destroyed my old one, cannot activate Windows 10 for my new one.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Built a new PC, destroyed my old one, cannot activate Windows 10 for my new one.: I asked what I needed to do in order to not lose my Windows license here two weeks ago. I followed instructions. I made a boot/install USB stick using my old PC beforehand.My old PC had a registered Windows 10 Home that originated from a Windows 7 storebought copy which I...
  4. Built a new PC, destroyed my old one, cannot activate Windows 10 for my new one.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Activating Windows 10 on a new machine after old one died

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activating Windows 10 on a new machine after old one died: My old computer died without warning. The computer I built and had purchased a retail copy of windows to install on, but I cannot for the life of me remember where I bought it it could have been that it was Windows 8 I actually bought and then upgraded as I built this...
  6. Activating Windows 10 on a new machine after old one died

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Activating Windows 10 on a new machine after old one died: My old computer died without warning. The computer I built and had purchased a retail copy of windows to install on, but I cannot for the life of me remember where I bought it it could have been that it was Windows 8 I actually bought and then upgraded as I built this...
  7. Activating Windows 10 on a new machine after old one died

8. How do i activate windows from my old pc?

How do i activate windows from my old pc?: I'm trying to activate windows using my old pc, all I have done is log in to the Microsoft account and its found my pc it just says that my old pc is on Windows 10 CoreN and my new pc is on Windows 10 Home. How do I resolve this issue and activate windows?...
  9. I need help activating office on my new PC after the old PC died

I need help activating office on my new PC after the old PC died: My old PC died and I need help in activating office suite on new PC https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-help-activating-office-on-my-new-pc-after/7063a1b4-8592-41ae-a1d5-7ce935a06026
  10. How to activate windows on a new PC and deactivate it on the old one

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to activate windows on a new PC and deactivate it on the old one: Hi. I've just bought a new PC. I kinda deactivated my windows on my old PC by going to the command prompt and typing in the command. Once I was installing windows on the new PC it seemed like the code worked everything was fine. But a few hours later I started seeing the...