Windows 10: My old pc short circuited and cannot be accessed, can i use my windows product key on my...

Discus and support My old pc short circuited and cannot be accessed, can i use my windows product key on my... in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; So my pc died and i had a windows key that was for 1 pc use only. Now that my pc is broken and i have a new one. Can i use the old product key on my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Hayydawwg, Sep 12, 2020.

1. Hayydawwg Win User

My old pc short circuited and cannot be accessed, can i use my windows product key on my...

So my pc died and i had a windows key that was for 1 pc use only. Now that my pc is broken and i have a new one. Can i use the old product key on my new pc without have to unlink or anything like this as i dont think that is now possible since i cannot access the old broken pc.

:)

Hayydawwg, Sep 12, 2020
  2. FinZak Win User

Product key association disable on old pc

Hey,

I sold my old pc to a friend. He installed some missing parts (HDD, GPU and RAM). Then we installed Windows 10 Home 64-bit version from USB stick. I was surprised to see that windows was automatically activated after that. I did some digging and found out that it is using my product key, which i use now in my own new pc. My friend does not have his own product key, the idea was that he just uses the unactivated windows with limited features.

I uninstalled my Windows 10 product key via command prompt in friends computer (as i understand this is only local solution, if he reinstall windows or clicks the active button, it reactivates automatically with my product key) and now it says windows is not activated, but my product key is still shown with Produkey app in his pc. So far windows is still activated my own pc.

My questions:

1. Is this all i need to do?
    2. How do i get rid of product key showing still with product key showing apps on my friend's computer?
    3. Is there a way to get rid of association of my product key on that old pc that i sold to friend?

EDIT: I originally installed windows 10 via upgrade option from Windows 7, if that matters.

FinZak, Sep 12, 2020
  3. short circuit in nokia lumia 930

hi,

There was a short circuit in the charger of my newly bought Nokia Lumia 930 while charging the phone. The mobile is working fine but the only thing is I can't charge it now. Has the short circuit damaged my mobile also??? If it has, will it be covered in
    the warranty?? Please help and let me know the solution asap.

Thanks in advance

dikshitadange, Sep 12, 2020
  4. My old pc short circuited and cannot be accessed, can i use my windows product key on my...

SHORT CIRCUIT

Hello,

My cell switched off on its own and was not restarting at all . I gave to nokia Service Centre and they have returned it saying it is beyond repairable as it seems due to short circuit it is not working and will never work again. Is there any solution or
    i really need to throw away my piece.

If i try to charge the notification continuously blinks yellow.

Regards,

Ketan

pinkfloyd1971, Sep 12, 2020
Thema:

My old pc short circuited and cannot be accessed, can i use my windows product key on my...

1. My old pc short circuited and cannot be accessed, can i use my windows product key on my... - Similar Threads - old short circuited

2. can i use my windows 10 product key for new pc?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can i use my windows 10 product key for new pc?: my current desktop has windows 11 it was offered as a free upgrade from w10. and i was wondering if i could use the same product key for my new pc? and if not, do i have to buy a new license?...
  3. can i use my windows 10 product key for new pc?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can i use my windows 10 product key for new pc?: my current desktop has windows 11 it was offered as a free upgrade from w10. and i was wondering if i could use the same product key for my new pc? and if not, do i have to buy a new license?...
  4. used product key for msfs can not find on my pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    used product key for msfs can not find on my pc: used product key for msfs can not find on my pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/used-product-key-for-msfs-can-not-find-on-my-pc/a22cdb34-6b56-424e-a41b-b1016ff30c65
  5. used product key for msfs can not find on my pc

used product key for msfs can not find on my pc: used product key for msfs can not find on my pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/used-product-key-for-msfs-can-not-find-on-my-pc/a22cdb34-6b56-424e-a41b-b1016ff30c65
  6. Cannot find my old windows product key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot find my old windows product key: I've recently changed my motherboard, and my product key was used to enable windows on that motherboard. Now that I changed it and logging in with my microsoft account to windows, it cannot find my old product key and enable windows. Can someone please help?I've tried to use...
  7. Cannot find my old windows product key

Cannot find my old windows product key: I've recently changed my motherboard, and my product key was used to enable windows on that motherboard. Now that I changed it and logging in with my microsoft account to windows, it cannot find my old product key and enable windows. Can someone please help?I've tried to use...
  8. few of my keys have been short circuiting i guess my w key presses ew my s key presses ds...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    few of my keys have been short circuiting i guess my w key presses ew my s key presses ds...: few of my keys have been short circuiting i guess my w key presses ew my s key presses ds my c key presses cx. this sentence took me a million years to write. any solution? i even tried external keyboard and external keyboard works fine. i tried all drivers updates everything...
  9. few of my keys have been short circuiting i guess my w key presses ew my s key presses ds...

few of my keys have been short circuiting i guess my w key presses ew my s key presses ds...: few of my keys have been short circuiting i guess my w key presses ew my s key presses ds my c key presses cx. this sentence took me a million years to write. any solution? i even tried external keyboard and external keyboard works fine. i tried all drivers updates everything...
  10. Can I transfer my Windows 10 product key from my old pc to my new pc?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can I transfer my Windows 10 product key from my old pc to my new pc?: Hello, I just bought myself a new PC and how can I move my Windows 10 product key from my old PC to my new PC. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-transfer-my-windows-10-product-key-from-my/798577c0-51bc-4255-b7ee-66692a4af82a