Windows 10: My One Drive randomly deleted all my files on my Desktop

Discus and support My One Drive randomly deleted all my files on my Desktop in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I was reading a story on Chrome, then minimized it, and when I did, image my surprise when almost every app besides Steam, Origin, GeForce Experience,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by andrewmanko_979, May 28, 2021.

1. My One Drive randomly deleted all my files on my Desktop

I was reading a story on Chrome, then minimized it, and when I did, image my surprise when almost every app besides Steam, Origin, GeForce Experience, & Recycle Bin, with my VERY IMPORTANT text files gone, and my folders deleted. Heck, even my Screenshots folder was somehow deleted. I need help getting my stuff back. It also changed my One Drive account. I have no idea who RK159 is, and why their account pops up when I click 'Personal Vault' , or why the are the User on my computer now.

:)

andrewmanko_979, May 28, 2021
  2. MohanC Win User

windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, May 28, 2021
  3. Cant Delete Files From Desktop

Well, ran into a weird bug with vista, for some reason i cant delete files from desktop, this normaly happens to .exe files, the ONLY fix seems to be to KILL explorer.exe, and delete the file, then restat explorer, anybody got any idea why this happens?

Rebo&Zooty, May 28, 2021
  4. Alden Rey Win User

My One Drive randomly deleted all my files on my Desktop

deleting hard drive files

Hi,

May we know what type of file are you trying to delete? Would it be Office documents, media files, or picture files? If you're trying to delete files for free some space on your device. We suggest to perform a Disc Cleanup. Kindly follow the steps below to
    perform the task:

• Type in Cortana Disc Cleanup
    • Choose the files to delete
    • Click on "Clean up system files"
    • Click on Ok

For any concerns, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Regards.

Alden Rey, May 28, 2021
Thema:

My One Drive randomly deleted all my files on my Desktop

1. My One Drive randomly deleted all my files on my Desktop - Similar Threads - Drive randomly deleted

2. one drive deleted all my files in documents after I didn't want to have my files in one drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    one drive deleted all my files in documents after I didn't want to have my files in one drive: So one drive put all my files on my computer into the cloud and I didn't want that, I wanted them to stay on my computer. I got them back on my computer but they're gone again. How do I get them back?...
  3. one drive deleted all my files in documents after I didn't want to have my files in one drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    one drive deleted all my files in documents after I didn't want to have my files in one drive: So one drive put all my files on my computer into the cloud and I didn't want that, I wanted them to stay on my computer. I got them back on my computer but they're gone again. How do I get them back?...
  4. I accidently deleted all my files off my pc permantnly by deleting one drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I accidently deleted all my files off my pc permantnly by deleting one drive: Ive lost months of work, is there any software or any way i can get my files back ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-accidently-deleted-all-my-files-off-my-pc/d9f7f3e3-b0f3-42cd-aa09-9d781c505cca
  5. I accidently deleted all my files off my pc permantnly by deleting one drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I accidently deleted all my files off my pc permantnly by deleting one drive: Ive lost months of work, is there any software or any way i can get my files back ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-accidently-deleted-all-my-files-off-my-pc/d9f7f3e3-b0f3-42cd-aa09-9d781c505cca
  6. I accidently deleted all my files off my pc permantnly by deleting one drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. All my hard drive files are on my desktop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    All my hard drive files are on my desktop: I have two drives, an HDD and an SSD, with my SSD being my booting drive. I was running out of space on my desktop so I decided to move my desktop location to my HDD. For some reason this caused all my HDD files to move to the desktop, not shortcuts, complete files. Can...
  8. Deleting One Drive folder deleted my entire desktop+files. Restoring failed and my storage...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Deleting One Drive folder deleted my entire desktop+files. Restoring failed and my storage...: So, this is going to be bizarre today and...please mind me, I don't know some specifics like how much space I had before. 1. Wanted to clear out some space. I was puzzled what was taking up so much gbs on my 220 gbs usable total, I believe--256 is technical laptop. I...
  9. Why did one drive delete all my files.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why did one drive delete all my files.: Thankfully I made a Local back up of my source code. Please would somebody at Microsoft tell me why, when i canceled OneDrive that i didn't ask for back upin the middle of it to save on bandwidth did it delete all my local files resulting an incomplete backup, resulting in...
  10. ONE DRIVE DELETING MY FILES AUTOMATICALLY

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    ONE DRIVE DELETING MY FILES AUTOMATICALLY: 1. OneDrive keeps deleting my files overnight. i cant work like this! sometimes i find an entire folder in the recycle bin, i restore the folder but the files dont come with the restore - now they are gone, forever? 2. I have OneDrive for business, and by default we get...