Windows 10: My OneDrive documents and my regular documents have fused. How do I seperate them again?

Discus and support My OneDrive documents and my regular documents have fused. How do I seperate them again? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; It used to be that if I put something in my one drive documents, it didn't go to my main computer's documents. Now, whenever I put something in my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by PizWiz, Oct 4, 2019.

1. PizWiz Win User

My OneDrive documents and my regular documents have fused. How do I seperate them again?

It used to be that if I put something in my one drive documents, it didn't go to my main computer's documents. Now, whenever I put something in my documents, desktop, photos, etc. it starts to sync with OneDrive. I don't want this. I want to have them separate, it's using all my space, because it wants tp back EVERYTHING up. Please help.

:)

PizWiz, Oct 4, 2019
  2. Schism082 Win User

How do I seperate OneDrive Documents and File Explorer Documents?

Hi, I just reinstalled Windows 10 Pro and have a problem. My 2 Documents folders (OneDrive and regular) are combined. When I install things, it automatically saves them to OneDrive. I would like to use the Regular Documents folder in File Explorer. I can
    unpin OneDrive and pin Documents but when I run CCleaner or update it reverts back to the OneDrive Documents. So does anyone know how I can separate these folders permanently? I might have to wait till October 17th when the Fall update comes out. Maybe that
    will fix it. This is probably an easy question. Please reply. Thanks

Schism082, Oct 4, 2019
  3. Document Library hijacked by OneDrive after update

This issue may be due to an incorrect location target. To correct this, kindly follow these steps:

• Right click the Documents folder where OneDrive files are showing.
    • Select Properties, and then Location. Yours might look like this:
      C:\Users\Your username\OneDrive\Documents.
    • If this is the case, you will need to create a new folder, select all the OneDrive files in the
      Documents folder, and then change its location to transfer it to the created folder.
    • After emptying the Documents folder, right click it and change the location to:
      C:\Users\Your username\Documents.

Feel free to post back should you need any help with Windows.

Dennis Mop, Oct 4, 2019
  4. Schism082 Win User

My OneDrive documents and my regular documents have fused. How do I seperate them again?

How do I seperate OneDrive Documents and File Explorer Documents?

Hi, thanks for your reply. I checked your link and I'm not sure how it works. My OneDrive is under C:/Users/MyName/Onedrive which I think is fine. My other Documents is under C:/Users/MyName/Documents which is also fine. I guess my only problem is that
    OneDrive Documents show up on Quick Access. I want to pin other Documents permanently to Quick Access. And I guess I'll have to Install new stuff under C:/Users/MyName/Documents. I'm not sure if I read the article correctly because the Default is not what
    I want. (The above locations are correct.) Any ideas?

Schism082, Oct 4, 2019
Thema:

1. My OneDrive documents and my regular documents have fused. How do I seperate them again? - Similar Threads - OneDrive documents regular

2. How do i remove onedrive documents and make my quick access documents folder go to my documents

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do i remove onedrive documents and make my quick access documents folder go to my documents: How do i remove onedrive documents and make my quick access documents folder go to my documentsi have uninstalled onedrive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-remove-onedrive-documents-and-make-my/a82a5ffd-4e47-4b0a-974f-330d7d8aa63d
  3. How do i remove onedrive documents and make my quick access documents folder go to my documents

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i remove onedrive documents and make my quick access documents folder go to my documents: How do i remove onedrive documents and make my quick access documents folder go to my documentsi have uninstalled onedrive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-remove-onedrive-documents-and-make-my/a82a5ffd-4e47-4b0a-974f-330d7d8aa63d
  4. How do i remove onedrive documents and make my quick access documents folder go to my documents

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How do I unsync a folder in my documents from OneDrive???

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I unsync a folder in my documents from OneDrive???: I can’t have onedrive messing up my sims 2 saves because it desires to upload everything for no reason.I just want to make it so that my sims 2 folder cannot be messed with by Onedrive. And please, do not tell me to go to my account and “choose folders” because that just...
  6. How do I unsync a folder in my documents from OneDrive???

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I unsync a folder in my documents from OneDrive???: I can’t have onedrive messing up my sims 2 saves because it desires to upload everything for no reason.I just want to make it so that my sims 2 folder cannot be messed with by Onedrive. And please, do not tell me to go to my account and “choose folders” because that just...
  7. My Downloads and Documents folders became fused

in Windows 10 Support
    My Downloads and Documents folders became fused: Hi! I have a weird issue. My Downloads and Documents folders became fused somehow. I don't just mean they point to the same folder, which was my intention. And before I did without issue. But both show up as "documents", which is really annoying, especially since the actual...
  8. My Documents is on OneDrive folder

My Documents is on OneDrive folder: I didn't know why but my Documents folder is on OneDrive. So when I save something on Documents, my OneDrive will automatically sync. I found that this results in more storage used, so if I have a 50mb file, it takes up space both in my computer and OneDrive. When I try to...
  9. my documents have disappeared - how to get them back

my documents have disappeared - how to get them back: After a brief down time for pc internet provider all my documents disappeared. how to fix this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-documents-have-disappeared-how-to-get-them-back/696c9a65-ab6b-4984-8f02-fa4bb1db9f20"
  10. OneDrive and my Documents

in Windows 10 Customization
    OneDrive and my Documents: I am trying to keep my document locally on my PC, but their set to be stored on the OneDrive. When I right click [Document] from [File Explorer], and look at [Documents] [Properties], the [Location] is C:\Users\terry\OneDrive\Document. I do not want [Document] on the...