Windows 10: My oneDrive folder has disappeared from my desktop computer, but not my laptop

Discus and support My oneDrive folder has disappeared from my desktop computer, but not my laptop in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have been using OneDrive to access files from my laptop to my desktop and back, and as of yesterday, the One Drive folder no longer appears in my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by BonnieRoman1, Feb 26, 2020.

1. My oneDrive folder has disappeared from my desktop computer, but not my laptop

I have been using OneDrive to access files from my laptop to my desktop and back, and as of yesterday, the One Drive folder no longer appears in my files when I open File Explorer on my Desktop - though it is still visible on my Laptop. They are both Dell computers. How do I get my One Drive folder back into my File Explorer navigation? It is very cumbersome to access it through a browser, and auto save does not work in that environment.

:)

BonnieRoman1, Feb 26, 2020
  2. silkstone Win User

Disappearing folder

I've encountered a strange problem in windows 10 where I tried to delete a file in a folder, but ended up deleting the whole directory. It did so without the usual pop-up to confirm delete or say it was too big for the recycle bin. It was my Videos folder, so pretty big, but the disk allocation has also remained the same.

I've always had a problem with 'double icons' for the different user folders, including videos, and so I'm thinking it could have something to do with the whole thing, especially as now one of the two video folders has disappeared from the users folders.

The first thing i tried was 'Undo delete', but it just bought the folder back with non of the contents. Then, I went straight to Recuva, but it came up blank (there must have been over 50 videos in the folder)

I'm at a little bit of a loss as where to start looking for this disappeared folder and was hoping someone might have some suggestions?

Screenshots below:

My oneDrive folder has disappeared from my desktop computer, but not my laptop upload_2017-4-1_22-11-14-png.png

silkstone, Feb 26, 2020
  3. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Feb 26, 2020
  4. Mike_884 Win User

My oneDrive folder has disappeared from my desktop computer, but not my laptop

How to link a folder on my desktop PC -and- laptop to a folder on OneDrive

On both my desktop PC and laptop I have specific folders that I want to be synchronized using OneDrive.

Say they are both named 'PDF', so

on desktop: X:\PDF

on laptop: Y:\PDF

by using: mklink /j "%UserProfile%\OneDrive\PDF" "X:\PDF" I can 'link' the desktop folder to OneDrive\PDF

so, that's fine.

However, I want to link the OneDrive\PDF to Y:\PDF (laptop)

No idea whether at all this can be done and if so.. how.

Thanks!

Oh, BTW: is it possible to synchronize just the specified folder ONLY, but nót all the sub folders (there are many and with many files)

Mike_884, Feb 26, 2020
Thema:

My oneDrive folder has disappeared from my desktop computer, but not my laptop

1. My oneDrive folder has disappeared from my desktop computer, but not my laptop - Similar Threads - oneDrive folder has

2. After backing up my computer to Onedrive, my desktop folders disappeared. It appears they...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After backing up my computer to Onedrive, my desktop folders disappeared. It appears they...: After backing up my computer to Onedrive, my desktop folders disappeared. It appears they were moved to "C:/Users/me/OneDrive/desktop", How can I move them back to "C:/Users/me/desktop?Thanks....
  3. After backing up my computer to Onedrive, my desktop folders disappeared. It appears they...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After backing up my computer to Onedrive, my desktop folders disappeared. It appears they...: After backing up my computer to Onedrive, my desktop folders disappeared. It appears they were moved to "C:/Users/me/OneDrive/desktop", How can I move them back to "C:/Users/me/desktop?Thanks....
  4. After backing up my computer to Onedrive, my desktop folders disappeared. It appears they...

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. folder disappeared on my desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    folder disappeared on my desktop: a folder with photographs disappeared on my notbook computer. need to recover folder https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/folder-disappeared-on-my-desktop/122af06d-6a92-4454-b1b8-23364399c368
  6. folder disappeared on my desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    folder disappeared on my desktop: a folder with photographs disappeared on my notbook computer. need to recover folder https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/folder-disappeared-on-my-desktop/122af06d-6a92-4454-b1b8-23364399c368
  7. Bluetooth has disappeared from my computer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth has disappeared from my computer: Today I successfully moved several small files from my Dell Inspiron 3793 laptop 5 months old to my smartphone using Bluetooth. I stepped away to make coffee and put some laundry in the washing machine, and when I came back I attempted to move several more small files from...
  8. My Desktop has Disappeared

in Windows 10 Customization
    My Desktop has Disappeared: I am using the latest version of Windows 10 updated as of today. Last week, the desktop and task bar suddenly disappeared, I was able to use System Restore to get it back. It disappeared again today and system restore can't be accessed or anything else use the search...
  9. my folders disappeared from my desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    my folders disappeared from my desktop: How do I get my folders to show when I first turn on my computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-folders-disappeared-from-my-desktop/244aef35-f993-47c3-aca4-fa34065e6ecb"
  10. Windows 10 has disappeared from my desktop computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 has disappeared from my desktop computer: Windows 10 has disappeared from my desktop computer. I turned my computer off for vacation and when I turned it on, it brought up WIN 7 and it's saying i can't connect to the internet because of a missing network adapter. Any ideas for what happened and what to do?...