Windows 10: My OneDrive Service May be Flawed?

Discus and support My OneDrive Service May be Flawed? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello. After I recently started my OneDrive service for the 2nd time and I am finding folders that are now empty. These folders were not empty in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by l_turn9, Mar 18, 2024.

1. l_turn9 Win User

My OneDrive Service May be Flawed?

Hello. After I recently started my OneDrive service for the 2nd time and I am finding folders that are now empty. These folders were not empty in the past. Is there something about the way 1Drive works that I don't understand?Thanks -

:)

l_turn9, Mar 18, 2024

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Mar 18, 2024
  3. RCoon Win User
    OneDrive - Bait and switch (but to what?)

Google Drive offers 17GB free, I see no discernible reason to bother with OneDrive's crippled storage capacity.

EDIT: For a painless transfer, I used microsoft's SyncToy to do a daily backup of DropBox/OneDrive items nightly at 4PM to a Google Drive folder. Once I had finished setting up my phone's automatic backup and had my work flow transferred, I just stopped the auto-backup script and uninstalled OneDrive/DropBox and carried on using Google Drive. Switching cloud storage service isn't remotely arduous.

RCoon, Mar 18, 2024
  4. My OneDrive Service May be Flawed?

Onedrive

Hi Hiatt,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I suggest you to refer the article Find
    lost or missing files in OneDrive
    for more information regarding the missing files.

If the issue still persists please follow the steps to contact
    OneDrive support for further assistance on this issue.

1. Login to OneDrive.com.
    2. Click the ? Help icon on the top banner of the page.
    3. Select Email OneDrive support for the further assistance.

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Mar 18, 2024
Thema:

My OneDrive Service May be Flawed?

1. My OneDrive Service May be Flawed? - Similar Threads - OneDrive Service May

2. My OneDrive Service May be Flawed?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My OneDrive Service May be Flawed?: Hello. After I recently started my OneDrive service for the 2nd time and I am finding folders that are now empty. These folders were not empty in the past. Is there something about the way 1Drive works that I don't understand?Thanks -...
  3. My OneDrive Service May be Flawed?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My OneDrive Service May be Flawed?: Hello. After I recently started my OneDrive service for the 2nd time and I am finding folders that are now empty. These folders were not empty in the past. Is there something about the way 1Drive works that I don't understand?Thanks -...
  4. Be aware: May 10, 2022—KB5013943 May break Corsair ICUE service and other services for apps...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Be aware: May 10, 2022—KB5013943 May break Corsair ICUE service and other services for apps...: I updated my PC to May 10, 2022—KB5013943 and the update went smoothly but after the restart, I found the Corsair ICUE app was not working wellI checked it and the Corsair service is not working at all I tried to restart the service and start it manually didn't work and got...
  5. Be aware: May 10, 2022—KB5013943 May break Corsair ICUE service and other services for apps...

Be aware: May 10, 2022—KB5013943 May break Corsair ICUE service and other services for apps...: I updated my PC to May 10, 2022—KB5013943 and the update went smoothly but after the restart, I found the Corsair ICUE app was not working wellI checked it and the Corsair service is not working at all I tried to restart the service and start it manually didn't work and got...
  6. OneDrive Personal Vault Security Flaw

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive Personal Vault Security Flaw: There is a workaround for accessing the files supposedly secured in your personal vault that I accidentally discovered while tinkering around on my file explorer. By changing the View settings on the file explorer like so: Select View > Options > Change folder and search...
  7. OneDrive Personal Vault Security Flaw

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive Personal Vault Security Flaw: There is a workaround for accessing the files supposedly secured in your personal vault that I accidentally discovered while tinkering around on my file explorer. By changing the View settings on the file explorer like so: Select View > Options > Change folder and search...
  8. OneDrive Personal Vault Security Flaw

9. Flawed software.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Flawed software.: When will you fix the recent updates that cause browsers both firefox and edge to crash every time I try to print from the browsers. Printers work fine when printing from Word. fr...
  10. Authenticator flaw.

Authenticator flaw.: Is there a way to block access after accepting a request on Authenticator? My friend was out in public and got two requests at the same time (one was them and another from someone behind them). It got them very worried and this should be a very clear feature if you...