Windows 10: My onedrive syncing seems to be hung up.

Discus and support My onedrive syncing seems to be hung up. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My onedrive syncing seems to be hung up. Normally it uploads fairly quickly but now there are several files that have only partially uploaded & t.hey... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JL Pritchard, Aug 15, 2018.

1. My onedrive syncing seems to be hung up.

My onedrive syncing seems to be hung up. Normally it uploads fairly quickly but now there are several files that have only partially uploaded & t.hey seem stalled. What do do? I have already turned my Win 10 computer off & on.

:)

JL Pritchard, Aug 15, 2018

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Aug 15, 2018
  3. P4-630 Win User
    OneDrive Placeholders are coming back, now called On-Demand Sync

My onedrive syncing seems to be hung up. [​IMG]

"At Ignite 2016, Microsoft has just announced that it is bringing Placeholders back to OneDrive on Windows 10. Now, they are not called Placeholders anymore — Microsoft is renaming the feature to “On-Demand Sync” which makes a lot more sense than “Placeholders”.

The company demoed this feature at Microsoft Ignite today, and it works just like it used to previously. As you can see in the screenshot above, the files stored in OneDrive weighed in around 9GB, but the actual size on disk was only around 3MB which is really neat. Of course, this feature isn’t anything new as it was available back in the Windows 8 days. However, Microsoft removed the feature with Windows 10, and after lots of waiting, they are finally coming back.

In case you are not familiar with OneDrive Placeholders, it’s a pretty neat feature which lets you see all of your OneDrive files on your computer — but they are not actually downloaded on your PC. When you open them, OneDrive will download the files on-demand, saving your local space which is really useful, especially if you have a PC that doesn’t have a lot of storage.

While Microsoft didn’t announce when exactly On-Demand Sync will be available to OneDrive users, we suspect it will be available with Windows 10 Redstone 2 — which is expected to arrive early next year.
    "

https://mspoweruser.com/onedrive-placeholders-coming-back-now-called-demand-sync/

P4-630, Aug 15, 2018
  4. Brink Win User

My onedrive syncing seems to be hung up.

Microsoft OneDrive to get differential sync in Q2 2017

Read more: Microsoft OneDrive to get differential sync in Q2 2017 | ZDNet

Brink, Aug 15, 2018
Thema:

My onedrive syncing seems to be hung up.

1. My onedrive syncing seems to be hung up. - Similar Threads - onedrive syncing seems

2. updates is hung up. It will not update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    updates is hung up. It will not update: I think I accidentally clicked to download windows 11 after realizing this I think I closed the process thru task manager but I dont remember. I have ran the ms trouble shooter twice and it says that it could not find the problem. When I try to update in security/updates it...
  3. The OneDrive seems to keep on syncing forever

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The OneDrive seems to keep on syncing forever: The OneDrive seems to keep on syncing forever, even though nothing happens and it doesn´t finish. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-onedrive-seems-to-keep-on-syncing-forever/bf2c6c8d-f8c4-4509-9ffa-013ff97a4a53
  4. The OneDrive seems to keep on syncing forever

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The OneDrive seems to keep on syncing forever: The OneDrive seems to keep on syncing forever, even though nothing happens and it doesn´t finish. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-onedrive-seems-to-keep-on-syncing-forever/bf2c6c8d-f8c4-4509-9ffa-013ff97a4a53
  5. The OneDrive seems to keep on syncing forever

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. Onedrive hung on folder ending with space

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Onedrive hung on folder ending with space: Onedrive error renaming folder ending with a space. I paused onedrive, tried to edit the folder name to remove space but it says source and destination file the same. Tried to delete it - file not found. Rebooted and added a character to the file name, then deleted it....
  7. OneDrive hung-up signing in

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    OneDrive hung-up signing in: OneDrive is hung-up signing in on my Windows 10 system. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/onedrive-hung-up-signing-in/48f05692-8373-42ff-8098-8ab96ba645e2
  8. email is hung up and will not send

in Browsers and Email
    email is hung up and will not send: Here is the remark I am receiving while trying to send an email with multiple addresses in the BCC box: The server “smtp.mail.yahoo.com” did not recognize the following recipients:. The app then freezes--cannot delete or edit the email I am trying to send. 123901
  9. background (wallpaper) seems to be hung

in Windows 10 Customization
    background (wallpaper) seems to be hung: I see on my background a picture from a series of pictures I wanted for a slide show. Went to Settings/Personalization/Backgrond and followed the steps once upon a time and I think it worked? Anyway, now the app appears to be hung and I don't know how to get it working. I've...
  10. Windows 10 install seems hung on install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 install seems hung on install: I just installed Windows 10 on my 64 bit system and seem to have a hang--.the screen is flickering on and off with the background up, Cortana and task bar up but no icons. The spinning circle is on and I cannot click the task bar successfully. Has been going on for 8 hours...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. onedrive hung up

2. onedrive hung syncing

3. some of my onedrive files are hung up and not syncing

4. one drive is hung,
  5. onedrive hung on syncing 3 items,
  6. one drive appears to be hung up