Windows 10: My onscreen keyboard is transparent or completely white Windows 10

Discus and support My onscreen keyboard is transparent or completely white Windows 10 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; When I touch the keyboard on the taskbar, I can see the outline of the keyboard, but the keyboard is completely white. I've tried turning off... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by FrancineWhitford, Nov 20, 2018.

1. My onscreen keyboard is transparent or completely white Windows 10

When I touch the keyboard on the taskbar, I can see the outline of the keyboard, but the keyboard is completely white. I've tried turning off transparency effects for Wincows. I tried to blindly click where I think the x to close would be. I started the task manager but it is not listed so that I end it.

It is really annoying when I click a site that normally brings up the keyboard, it brings us this transparent box that I can move around the screen but can't change to get back to normal.

Any suggestions?

:)

FrancineWhitford, Nov 20, 2018

2. My onscreen keyboard is transparent or completely white Windows 10

When I touch the keyboard on the taskbar, I can see the outline of the keyboard, but the keyboard is completely white. I've tried turning off transparency effects for Wincows. I tried to blindly click where I think the x to close would be. I started the
    task manager but it is not listed so that I "end" it.

It is really annoying when I click a site that normally brings up the keyboard, it brings us this transparent box that I can move around the screen but can't change to get back to normal.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Margie Nelson, Nov 20, 2018
  3. Juzar_Ali Win User
    Keep onscreen keyboard from displaying at startup

Hi Helene,

I suggest to try the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Ctrl + Alt + Delete key on the Keyboard.
    • Click on More details.
    • Go to Startup Tab.
    • Right click on Onscreen Keyboard And select
      disable.

Please get back to us with the updated status of the issue.

Thank you.

Juzar_Ali, Nov 20, 2018
  4. My onscreen keyboard is transparent or completely white Windows 10

Onscreen keyboard

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 family. I would be happy to assist you.

From the description provided, I understand that the Onscreen keyboard freeze/crashes to restsrt again by itself after upgrading to Windows 10.

To be able to help you better, kindly provided us few more details on the below questions.

1. Do you receive any error message when the on-screen keyboard crashes?

2. Do you observe the similar issue when logged into the computer using a different user Account?

This issue may happen due to system file corruption. I suggest you to run System file checker. System File checker (SFC) scan is done to check if there are any corrupted system files that could be causing this issue. Kindly follow
    the below given steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Command prompt (Admin) to bring up elevated Command prompt.

• In Command prompt type
      sfc/scannow
      and press enter.
    • Restart the computer.
    If no corrupted system files were found in the previous state, then I suggest you to try the following steps:

• Open command prompt by pressing Windows key + X and selecting “Command prompt admin”.

• In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

• Close the command prompt and restart the PC and check if it works.
    Hope the above information was helpful. If you need further information, feel free to write to us and we would be happy to help you.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Nov 20, 2018
Thema:

My onscreen keyboard is transparent or completely white Windows 10

1. My onscreen keyboard is transparent or completely white Windows 10 - Similar Threads - onscreen keyboard transparent

2. russian keyboard/onscreen keyboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    russian keyboard/onscreen keyboard: Is there any way to type in russian, using the cyrilic alphabet. i don't want to type phonetically with an english keyboard nor do i want to switch over to exclusively a russian keyboard. is there an option to use on occasion?what is the onscreen keyboard for? I have...
  3. onscreen keyboard

in Windows 10 Support
    onscreen keyboard: I have a Dell Latitude 7220 tablet using Windows 10. The device is currently in tablet mode and the onscreen keyboard will not deploy. The keyboard icon is visible in the bottom right hand corner, but nothing happens when you click on it. I have gone in the keyboard settings...
  4. Onscreen keyboard

in Windows 10 Customization
    Onscreen keyboard: My keyboard has been spoiled and I used onscreen keyboard to type before upgrading from windows 7 to 10 but now the onscreen keyboard types the same like my corrupted keyboard. When I type 2 it shows @ shift values for all the numbers and symbols If I on caps lock it shows...
  5. WIndows 10 keyboard and onscreen keyboard not working

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    WIndows 10 keyboard and onscreen keyboard not working: I have a desktop computer that the keyboard and the onscreen keyboard are both not working. I turned the computer on and cannot log in because of this issue. The computer is an HP and does not have a PS-2 port and the usb mouse works that is paired with the keyboard. Is there...
  6. Onscreen keyboard

Onscreen keyboard: How do I get rid of the onscreen keyboard? It appears during the bootup sequence. Since I use the regular keyboard, I have to manually close it several times a session. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/onscreen-keyboard/854646e3-61b5-40d0-a1b6-168630438043
  7. Onscreen keyboard becomes transparent or completely white in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Onscreen keyboard becomes transparent or completely white in Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]If your Windows 10 On-screen keyboard has become transparent or completely white for no apparent reason, then this post shows how to get it fixed quickly. The Windows operating system includes an Onscreen Keyboard whose executable is osk.exe. It is [...]...
  8. Onscreen Keyboard

in Windows 10 Support
    Onscreen Keyboard: My onscreen keyboard looks like this. Nothing I do can change it. Help. Don Cole [img] 124733
  9. My onscreen keyboard is transparent or completely white Windows 10

My onscreen keyboard is transparent or completely white Windows 10: When I touch the keyboard on the taskbar, I can see the outline of the keyboard, but the keyboard is completely white. I've tried turning off transparency effects for Wincows. I tried to blindly click where I think the x to close would be. I started the task manager but it...
  10. Onscreen Keyboard

in Windows 10 Support
    Onscreen Keyboard: Are there any settings for this thing? Not sure if any of you have ever used Android but the keyboard on that operating system actually has settings. I can't seem to find anything useful on Windows 10. 26330

Users found this page by searching for:

1. transparent box instead of keyboard on screen

2. windows 10 touch keyboard transparent

3. windows 10 on screen keyboard is white

4. Onscreen keyboard tranparency removal,
  5. There is a bug and I see the outline of my keyboard but not the touch keyboard on my on itself on my search,
  6. win 10 onscreen keyboard transparent,
  7. windows 10 screen keyboard transparent,
  8. white overlay onscreen keyboard windows,
  9. white box over onscreen keyboard,
  10. windows 10 touch keyboard outline