Windows 10: My open apps on the Taskbar disappear when I change desktops in Task View

Discus and support My open apps on the Taskbar disappear when I change desktops in Task View in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; For my job I have to have five applications open. I normally use Task View to put each of my open apps on a different virtual desktop to avoid having... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Harley Goode, May 5, 2021.

1. My open apps on the Taskbar disappear when I change desktops in Task View

For my job I have to have five applications open. I normally use Task View to put each of my open apps on a different virtual desktop to avoid having multiple windows open & overlapping and I could switch desktops by clicking on the app button on the taskbar. However, I just started setting up a new computer and on it when I change desktops my open apps disappear from my taskbar and if I click on the icon of an app open on another desktop it opens a new instance of that app. Was there a change made to Windows or is there something wrong?Edition Windows 10 P

:)

Harley Goode, May 5, 2021
  2. kimondoe Win User

Open app in cmd in specific task view

At startup, I already have 3 task views opened.
    So I want .bat file to start my apps and I want it to be opened on a specific task view.

But if it is not possible on .bat, I'll look into powershell as suggested.

kimondoe, May 5, 2021
  3. Windows 10 task view assign applications

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

As per the description, I understand that you are facing difficulty in assigning the applications to a specific virtual desktop. Let me help you in clearing your doubts.

The virtual desktops feature in Windows 10 is called “Task View” and is located on the Taskbar.

I suggest you to follow the steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Click Task view. When you open the Task View interface for the first time, or you only have one desktop, the “Add a desktop” button is available.

Step 2: Click it to add virtual desktop.

Step 3: Open the apps that you want to use on that desktop.

Step 4: Click Task view again to switch between desktops.

Hope the information helps. Please keep us posted on Windows related query and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, May 5, 2021
  4. My open apps on the Taskbar disappear when I change desktops in Task View

Task View

It's the Task View, not the Task Bar, that is the problem. I should be getting the popup (right clicking on Task View) showing the options for additional Desktops, not the five options for the Task Bar. A 'chat' with MS Solutions said that I should reinstall
    Windows 10 to MAYBE correct this problem. Any suggestions to correct?? Thanks for your interest...I really appreciate it.
    The Task View is the only feature that I may like on 10!!

Whitfield orWiemholt, May 5, 2021
Thema:

My open apps on the Taskbar disappear when I change desktops in Task View

1. My open apps on the Taskbar disappear when I change desktops in Task View - Similar Threads - open apps Taskbar

2. When I click on an open app on my Taskbar it doesn't open on desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I click on an open app on my Taskbar it doesn't open on desktop: When I click on the Microsoft edge icon on the Taskbar it doesn't open on the desktop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-click-on-an-open-app-on-my-taskbar-it/9bc7fc4c-6c95-4da1-875d-9a55557709da
  3. When I click on an open app on my Taskbar it doesn't open on desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When I click on an open app on my Taskbar it doesn't open on desktop: When I click on the Microsoft edge icon on the Taskbar it doesn't open on the desktop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-click-on-an-open-app-on-my-taskbar-it/9bc7fc4c-6c95-4da1-875d-9a55557709da
  4. Disappearing Icons on my desktop when opened.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disappearing Icons on my desktop when opened.: What would cause all of my desktop Icons to disappear when I opened the desktop? I did figure out to how find them but wonder why they were gone?...
  5. Disappearing Icons on my desktop when opened.

Disappearing Icons on my desktop when opened.: What would cause all of my desktop Icons to disappear when I opened the desktop? I did figure out to how find them but wonder why they were gone?...
  6. Disappearing Icons on my desktop when opened.

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. explorer.exe crashing when i open task view

in Windows 10 Gaming
    explorer.exe crashing when i open task view: Whenever I open or hover over task view explorer.exe crashes and restarts. This is all that shows in event viewer if it helpsThanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/explorerexe-crashing-when-i-open-task-view/4042bda3-463c-45c1-8568-6f31380f1ea7
  8. explorer.exe crashing when i open task view

explorer.exe crashing when i open task view: Whenever I open or hover over task view explorer.exe crashes and restarts. This is all that shows in event viewer if it helpsThanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/explorerexe-crashing-when-i-open-task-view/4042bda3-463c-45c1-8568-6f31380f1ea7
  9. Taskbar autohide causes task view and notifications to disappear

Taskbar autohide causes task view and notifications to disappear: My taskbar is set to autohide. Recently something changed, and now whenever I use the task view button, as soon as I move the pointer off the task bar, the task bar hides and the task view immediately resets so I can't select anything from the task view screen. Similarly,...
  10. Task view on taskbar

Task view on taskbar: Hello, I run Win 10 ver 1803 (os build 17134.48). Is there a way to remove the "task view" button from the taskbar? In fact, can I remove it completely from my pc? Thanks...