Windows 10: My open with in Word 2010 always default to the picture mode which I can't get out of.

Discus and support My open with in Word 2010 always default to the picture mode which I can't get out of. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My open with in Word 2010 always default to the picture mode which I can't get out of. How do I get it back to the docx mode. I just upgraded to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AnthonySouza1, Apr 28, 2019.

1. My open with in Word 2010 always default to the picture mode which I can't get out of.

My open with in Word 2010 always default to the picture mode which I can't get out of. How do I get it back to the docx mode. I just upgraded to Windows 1809 when the problem started,

:)

AnthonySouza1, Apr 28, 2019
  2. chrish Win User

How do I set Word 2010 as the default program for word documents?

I originally had Microsoft Word 2010 installed on Windows 7. I upgraded to Windows 10 and purchased Office 365. So I have both Word 2010 and 2016 installed.

I am having issues with compatibility, see How do I get Word 2016 to render text the same way that World 2010 did.

In the meantime, I would like to set the default app for .doc and .docx to be Word 2010. I have done this in previous versions of Windows but can't see to get it work in Windows 10 (they have really dumbed it down). Here is what I have tried:

Use Right-click

1. Right-click on a .doc file and select "Open With"
    2. A dialog display with "How do you want to open this file?" Word 2016 is an option. Other options include "Look for an app in the Store" and "More apps". There is also an option for "Always use this app to open .doc files.
    3. I click on More apps/ Word 2010 is not one of the options! But Wordpad is. The last option in the list is "Look for another app on this PC"
    4. I click the "Always use this app to open .doc files" and click on "Look for another app on this PC"
    5. I find Word 2010 on the file system. However, Word 2016 is launched!!!

I also tried several options in "Default Programs" settings. Anytime I tried to select Word 2010, it would continue to use Word 2016.

chrish, Apr 28, 2019
  3. Steven Win User
    Changing the default font on Microsoft Word 2010 has no effect on new pages

Perform the following steps to set the default font for new Microsoft Word 2010 documents.

1. Right click the "Normal" Style on the Home ribbon and click Modify.
    2. Change the font to Times New Roman, 12 (or whatever you would prefer).
    3. Select the "New documents based on this template" option.
    4. Click OK
    5. Close and reopen Microsoft Word to confirm.

For Microsoft Excel, perform these steps:

1. Select File menu, Options item.
    2. Select the General category.
    3. Change "When creating new workbooks, use this font"
    4. Click OK to confirm
    5. Restart Microsoft Excel as instructed.

Steven, Apr 28, 2019
  4. My open with in Word 2010 always default to the picture mode which I can't get out of.

Changing the default font on Microsoft Word 2010 has no effect on new pages

See the below screen shots for steps #2 - #5

Screen Shots

My open with in Word 2010 always default to the picture mode which I  can't get out of. mVrRR.png

My open with in Word 2010 always default to the picture mode which I  can't get out of. Ai5aH.png

Pimp Juice IT, Apr 28, 2019
Thema:

My open with in Word 2010 always default to the picture mode which I can't get out of.

1. My open with in Word 2010 always default to the picture mode which I can't get out of. - Similar Threads - open Word 2010

2. microsoft word 2010 always freezes at windows 2010 after windows updating

in Windows 10 Gaming
    microsoft word 2010 always freezes at windows 2010 after windows updating: Microsoft word 2010 always freezes after two or three minutes, at windows 2010 after windows updating.I did all of you said at:https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/office/troubleshoot/word/issues-when-start-or-use-word...
  3. microsoft word 2010 always freezes at windows 2010 after windows updating

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    microsoft word 2010 always freezes at windows 2010 after windows updating: Microsoft word 2010 always freezes after two or three minutes, at windows 2010 after windows updating.I did all of you said at:https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/office/troubleshoot/word/issues-when-start-or-use-word...
  4. microsoft word 2010 always freezes at windows 2010 after windows updating

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. I can't get out of S mode.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't get out of S mode.: I've done everything and I can't get out of mode S tells me that there was an error and to try again https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-get-out-of-s-mode/5fd7fb3b-1ea2-4cce-9218-58eb4a813052
  6. I can't get out of S mode

I can't get out of S mode: Hi, how are you? I recently bought a laptop in the US and gave it to a "technician" in order to configure windows defender to be more secure and that.Whether I wanted my laptop to be as good as possible. However, since it was in S mode and in English due to its country of...
  7. I get Washed Out (Unsaturated) Colors After Restarting Word 2010

in Microsoft Office and 365
    I get Washed Out (Unsaturated) Colors After Restarting Word 2010: Why does Microsoft offer a palate with a rich set of shades of color if Word is just going to ignore those choices and impose some alternative that a Microsoft designer prefers? I want Word to **remember** my color choices. I don't know what upgrade did this, but now, after...
  8. Word 2010

in Windows 10 Customization
    Word 2010: Word 2010 only prints in black. How do I get it to work as before with colors too? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/word-2010/8a9d6c5a-e526-4942-9159-3ec6d6d0e45f
  9. 2010 word

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    2010 word: I am writing a personal accounts story of my life for family when I pass. I have placed it on thumb drives for each individual…all in all works fairly well. The problem I have, I am using word 2010, when I hit the review tab and choose final…so all formatting is hidden, I...
  10. Updated to 2010 now I can't open word on my desk top

Updated to 2010 now I can't open word on my desk top: I just did the update as I had to in order to use quickbooks. I can't open word 2013 on my desktop to access my old files. Please help- I'm not a computer person....