Windows 10: my os drive is full by temporary files that i cant delet them

Discus and support my os drive is full by temporary files that i cant delet them in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; my C drive is full by temporary files that I cant delete them in setting page show that i have 140GB temperary files but after clicking show just... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MohsenSaadatmand, Feb 21, 2020.

1. my os drive is full by temporary files that i cant delet them

my C drive is full by temporary files that I cant delete them

in setting page show that i have 140GB temperary files but after clicking show just less then 100MB and there is no effect by removing

please help me to solve the problem

:)

MohsenSaadatmand, Feb 21, 2020

2. How To Delete Temporary Internet Files And Temporary Files In Windows 10

Hi,

As you are saying that you are not able to delete the temporary internet files and temporary Files in Windows 10.

Provide us with the below details for better clarity on the issue.

1.Have you installed any third party applications to clean up temporary Files?

2.In the Disk Cleanup had you checked the Temporary Internet files and Temporary files before doing disk cleanup?

I suggest you to follow the below steps and try deleting the temporary internet files.

• Open Internet Explorer by typing Internet Explorer in Search Bar. Click the
      Tools
      button, and then click Internet Options.
    • Click the General tab, and then, under Browsing history, click
      Delete.
    • In the Delete Browsing History dialog box, select the check boxes for the information you want to delete, click
      Delete, and then click OK.
    I also suggest you refer the Microsoft article on View and delete browser history in Microsoft Edge
    and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/view-delete-browsing-history-microsoft-edge

Let us know if the issue with the deletion of temporary files is resolved we will be glad to assist you further.

Anup Karkal, Feb 21, 2020
  3. How to delete Temporary Internet Files and Temporary Files?

Hi Wes,

We appreciate you for being a part of Windows 10.

Have you checked the boxes Temporary Internet Files and Temporary Files while you run the Disk cleanup?

Kindly be informed that if you want to delete the temporary files, you need to check the Temporary files box while you run the Disk cleanup. You can use Disk Cleanup to reduce the number of unnecessary files on your drives, which can help your PC run
    faster. It can delete temporary files and system files, empty the Recycle Bin, and remove a variety of other items that you might no longer need. Follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + R keys on the keyboard to open run command prompt.

• You can use Disk Cleanup to reduce the number of unnecessary files on your drives, which can help your PC run faster. It can delete temporary files and system files, empty the Recycle Bin, and remove a variety of other items that
      you might no longer need.Type cleanmgr in the run text box and hit
      Enter key on the keyboard.

• In the Drives list, tap or click the drive that you want to clean up, and then tap or click
      OK.

• In the Disk Cleanup dialog box, select the checkboxes (Temporary files and
      Temporary internet files) and for the file types you needed, tap or click
      OK, and then tap or click Delete files.
    Now check if you are able to delete the temporary files after running the Disk cleanup.

Reference: For more information on how to use the Disk cleanup, you may refer to the below help article.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/...nup#delete-files-using-disk-cleanup=windows-8

The steps in the above article applies to Windows 10 also except how to open the control panel in the step 1. Press “Windows + X” keys on the keyboard and select “Control panel” to open Control panel.

You may also refer to the section Delete Temporary files in the below help article and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/free-up-drive-space

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Feb 21, 2020
  4. my os drive is full by temporary files that i cant delet them

Deletion of Temporary files in C drive

Can I delete Temporary Files(62GB) in C drive .

Does it effect the remaining OS files.

AkhilTadikamalla, Feb 21, 2020
Thema:

my os drive is full by temporary files that i cant delet them

1. my os drive is full by temporary files that i cant delet them - Similar Threads - drive full temporary

2. My C drive remains full even after I delete files, or move them to an external drive on...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My C drive remains full even after I delete files, or move them to an external drive on...: My C drive remains full even after I delete files, or move them to an external drive on windows 11. I have tried emptying the recycle bin, running storage sense, placing all my files online only on one drive, and using disk clean up. I can some times get another 1 or 2 GB,...
  3. My C drive remains full even after I delete files, or move them to an external drive on...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My C drive remains full even after I delete files, or move them to an external drive on...: My C drive remains full even after I delete files, or move them to an external drive on windows 11. I have tried emptying the recycle bin, running storage sense, placing all my files online only on one drive, and using disk clean up. I can some times get another 1 or 2 GB,...
  4. Cant delete Temporary Files on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant delete Temporary Files on Windows 10: HiSo basicallyWhen I try to purge temporary files via storage sense or disk cleanup, it doesnt do itanyone know how to fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-delete-temporary-files-on-windows-10/313a7215-dfa6-4ffc-bfba-4b19fd10e8eb
  5. Cant delete Temporary Files on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant delete Temporary Files on Windows 10: HiSo basicallyWhen I try to purge temporary files via storage sense or disk cleanup, it doesnt do itanyone know how to fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-delete-temporary-files-on-windows-10/313a7215-dfa6-4ffc-bfba-4b19fd10e8eb
  6. Cant delete Temporary Files on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Instead of Deleting OST files I renamed them- Drive was full

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Instead of Deleting OST files I renamed them- Drive was full: Instead of Deleting OST files, I renamed them Drive was full, so I deleted my old ost files and now there is plenty of space on my hard drive but on this computer, But outlook won't download my mail anymore on this computer. it will on the other computers - I need to somehow...
  8. I deleted all my temporary files

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I deleted all my temporary files: ⚠️URGENT⚠️ PLEASE HELP ME PLEASE⚠️ hi guys so i cleared all my temporary files and i really need them back and i wanted to know if there was snywsy to do that or sny websites that i could them bsck from for free because they one i found make me pay like 70 so yeah any help...
  9. I can't delete my temporary files!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I can't delete my temporary files!: This is probably something that's been going around for a while but I have found no solution whatsoever. The problem I have is that I am unable to delete my temporary files. Here is a screenshot of my current storage *according to settings [ATTACH] As you can see, 36.6...
  10. Temporary Internet Files Cant Delete Windows 10

in Browsers and Email
    Temporary Internet Files Cant Delete Windows 10: hi guys, cant deleit more than 6 gb Temporary Internet Files I try ccleaner and all stuuf but still see 6GB any ideas? *Smile 14262