Windows 10: My OS is in auto repair loop, how can I install Windows on a new drive

Discus and support My OS is in auto repair loop, how can I install Windows on a new drive in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; A bad driver caused my pc to boot in automatic repair loop and I tried everything to fix it, but cant. My next plan is to buy a new bigger harddrive,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by I WANT MY GIFS, Dec 29, 2019.

1. My OS is in auto repair loop, how can I install Windows on a new drive

A bad driver caused my pc to boot in automatic repair loop and I tried everything to fix it, but cant.

My next plan is to buy a new bigger harddrive, install a new window 10 and then move all my files to my new hdd.

Problem is how do I install windows10, when I have no access to a working pc to download the iso of windows10?
    I have the product key for my windows 10 written down, but how can I install Windows on a new hdd, I only have access to smartphones and tablets.
    Will I have to bite the bullet and buy a brand new copy of Windows 10 from my local bestbuy?

:)

I WANT MY GIFS, Dec 29, 2019
  2. little cat, Dec 29, 2019
  3. DavewxMN Win User
    Automatic Repair Loop

I'm having the same problem. I'm running the latest version of Win 10. It started looping in Auto Repair a couple of weeks ago not long after an update. It always can't repair it. I tried Start up
    Repair, Reset, it always starts looping again as soon as I reboot. Today I installed a clean drive, and installed a new download of Win 10 to the new drive and set it as the boot drive in the Bios. Immediately back to Auto Repair loop.

Help!

DavewxMN, Dec 29, 2019
  4. Bassie B Win User

My OS is in auto repair loop, how can I install Windows on a new drive

windows 10 automatic repair infinite loop

Hi Ruth,

I have gone through both methods that you suggested and still have the same problem

Method 1: exhibited the same Auto Repair loop problem

Method 2: After running "chkdsk/f /r c"; I rebooted from the Installation Disk (USB drive) and I got the same Auto Repair - Diagnosing loop (that did not repair the problem)

What's next?

Bassie B, Dec 29, 2019
Thema:

My OS is in auto repair loop, how can I install Windows on a new drive

1. My OS is in auto repair loop, how can I install Windows on a new drive - Similar Threads - auto repair loop

2. Auto Repair loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Auto Repair loop: I was trying to help a neighbor with his computer. He forgot his startup password. After several guesses his computer went into the auto repair loop. I did all the tests and everything passed. I did a chkdsk. Nothing worked. I don't have a boot disc or thumb drive. What can I...
  3. Auto Repair loop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Auto Repair loop: I was trying to help a neighbor with his computer. He forgot his startup password. After several guesses his computer went into the auto repair loop. I did all the tests and everything passed. I did a chkdsk. Nothing worked. I don't have a boot disc or thumb drive. What can I...
  4. Auto repair loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Auto repair loop: Hey I kinda need help with something. When I turn on my laptop I get taken to an auto repair thing. I’m not able to reset my pc or run a sfc scan. I’ve been stuck on that for hours and I really need help trying to fix it. I’ve been looking up things to help me escape it but I...
  5. Auto repair loop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Auto repair loop: Hey I kinda need help with something. When I turn on my laptop I get taken to an auto repair thing. I’m not able to reset my pc or run a sfc scan. I’ve been stuck on that for hours and I really need help trying to fix it. I’ve been looking up things to help me escape it but I...
  6. Auto repair loop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Auto repair loop: Today when I turn on my laptop, I get a black screen that says "preparing automatic repair" and then changes to "diagnosing PC". They take me to a blue screen with various options. I have searched the internet on how to solve this, but nothing has worked. Whenever I tried...
  7. Auto repair loop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Auto repair loop: Today when I turn on my laptop, I get a black screen that says "preparing automatic repair" and then changes to "diagnosing PC". They take me to a blue screen with various options. I have searched the internet on how to solve this, but nothing has worked. Whenever I tried...
  8. Auto repair loop

Auto repair loop: Hi, my asus laptop is stuck in an auto repair loop any fixes i cannot restart nor boot into safe mode F4 i also recently got this app so called restoro to scan my laptop for any viruses or updates . When it was scanning it had a blue screen idk why could this new app cause...
  9. auto repair loop

auto repair loop: I have a pc that I use for gaming it recently started going in a loop auto repair mode telling me stop code page fault in non page are and it says what failed win32k.sys I have tried the offered fixes in auto repair with no luck I am not computer lterate but would really...
  10. Auto repair loop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Auto repair loop: y windows 10 got stuck on the auto repair inicialization loop. I've tryed everything, even restauring the system keeping only the files and it didn't work. I think it's a hardware problem. At the end I bought another notebook, and I'd like to know if there is a way of copying...