Windows 10: My other laptop has been locked for "security reasons" I don't want to call the number. I...

Discus and support My other laptop has been locked for "security reasons" I don't want to call the number. I... in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; My other laptop has been locked for "security reasons" I don't want to call the number. I can't do anything with it. I turn it off and it's there when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by IMRhino2, Feb 14, 2023.

1. IMRhino2 Win User

My other laptop has been locked for "security reasons" I don't want to call the number. I...

My other laptop has been locked for "security reasons" I don't want to call the number. I can't do anything with it. I turn it off and it's there when I turn it back on. What do I do?

:)

IMRhino2, Feb 14, 2023
  2. btarunr Win User

PNY Announces New Line of ThinkSafe Portable Laptop Locking Systems

PNY Technologies, Inc. ("PNY") today announced the launch of a new line of ThinkSafe Portable Laptop Locking Systems -- specifically engineered with patented technology to work with Laptops, Ultrabooks, and MacBooks. Designed for personal and business use to keep your device secured while in public locations, from dorm rooms and offices to tradeshows and display rooms, PNY offers a convenient and discrete locking solution for your laptop devices.

The PNY ThinkSafe family of products includes the Laptop Locking System, the MacBook Locking System, and the Security Clamp. The Laptop Locking System -- designed to be universal -- was engineered to work with Laptops, Ultrabooks, and MacBooks. The MacBook Locking System -- designed to work with Apple products -- was engineered to work with the MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, and iMac. The ThinkSafe Portable Security Clamp provides a secure anchor point for your Laptop, Ultrabook, or MacBook, complements both of the PNY Locking Systems and also works with most cable locking systems in the market today.

My other laptop has been locked for "security reasons" I don't want to call the number. I... 133a_thm.jpg

My other laptop has been locked for "security reasons" I don't want to call the number. I... 133b_thm.jpg

My other laptop has been locked for "security reasons" I don't want to call the number. I... 133c_thm.jpg

My other laptop has been locked for "security reasons" I don't want to call the number. I... 133d_thm.jpg

Patented Hinge-Link technology, utilizing a hinge-locking design, is the fundamental security feature that makes PNY ThinkSafe Locking Systems one-of-a-kind. With four distinct custom-shaped Hinge-Links, constructed of hardened stainless steel and based on a device's varying hinge configuration, PNY offers a simple solution that is extremely secure and versatile. Each one uniquely fits through the hinge of your laptop in seconds to easily secure your device -- in any environment to conveniently safeguard virtually any laptop. As the hinge of a laptop is an incredibly strong point and is easily accessible, consumers can have peace-of-mind that their device is secured properly. The included step-by-step quick-start guide will help users simply identify which Hinge-Link works best with their system. Additionally, the patented PNY ThinkSafe Locking System is the only hinge-locking solution available today to safely and securely lock the MacBook Air and MacBook Pro with Retina display.

The patent-pending Slot-Link by PNY is a cast steel constructed mechanism that connects to a laptop's security slot in seconds. Slot-Link offers consumers a convenient way to lock any laptop device utilizing the existing slot integrated into the body of many devices today.

Each of the PNY Locking Systems comes with a 6 foot carbon steel cable with built-in combination lock and factory installed 4-digit pin for the ultimate security. The combination lock fits snugly into all of the PNY Hinge-Links and the Slot-Link. A convenient travel pouch is also included, for the utmost in portability.

"PNY is excited to bring a revolutionary new approach to physical laptop security, providing class leading theft deterrence and moving away from the limitations of the 3mm x 7mm security slot. Laptops continue to become thinner and more elegant, with Apple leading the charge, resulting in a number of manufacturers eliminating the security slot and as a result there exists a need for a new improved method to attach a cable lock to a laptop," said Nicholas Mauro, senior marketing manager, for PNY. "PNY has focused on providing a solution that is compatible with more makes and models of laptop computers than other manufacturers and developed an easy-to-use solution to help combat laptop theft. We are very excited to offer a simple, secure & unique solution for the MacBook Air, which does not have a security slot."
    • PNY ThinkSafe Portable Laptop Locking System
      Engineered to secure your Laptop, Ultrabook, or MacBook
      MSRP: $39.99
    • PNY ThinkSafe Portable MacBook Locking System
      Engineered to secure your MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, or iMac
      MSRP: $39.99
    • PNY ThinkSafe Portable Security Clamp
      Engineered to provide a secure anchor point for your Laptop, Ultrabook, or MacBook
      MSRP: $29.99

btarunr, Feb 14, 2023
  3. E71: Offline + phone lock (reason?)

Hi,

I don´t quite understand your point: The locking mechanism has exactly the same function and reason in Offline (Flight) Mode than in any other: To prevent other persons from using your phone. Offline Mode is a profile just like any other and you say the
    "lock phone" option is also among the profiles - that is for when you don´t have the auto-lock (after x min) enabled. If you have the auto-lock enabled, it doesn´t matter which profile you´re using.

Regards,

hendikoischnur, Feb 14, 2023
  4. wbdeejay Win User

My other laptop has been locked for "security reasons" I don't want to call the number. I...

N73 don´t show the contactname, only the number.

My N73 started displaying numbers only (no name) for some incoming calls for which I'm certain there was only one contact listing. It also sometimes displayed the number with the country code 614nnnnnnnn and sometimes not 04nnnnnnnn for the same caller
    on the same network. So I tried to save the different number under the same contact name (the suggested option) but that has not helped and from what I read here may make it worse.

But I maintain that the phone was already having those problems before.

I will try sifting through the contact details and removing any duplicate numbers.

Any suggestions on a permanent solution?

wbdeejay, Feb 14, 2023
Thema:

1. My other laptop has been locked for "security reasons" I don't want to call the number. I... - Similar Threads - laptop has been

2. Pop up - access has been blocked and. Computer is locked. It gives a number to call but I...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pop up - access has been blocked and. Computer is locked. It gives a number to call but I...: Pop says access has been blocked for security reasons and gives a number to call I have not called it but my PC is frozen on it and won't let me back out of it how do I fix this* Moved from Community Center...
  3. Pop up - access has been blocked and. Computer is locked. It gives a number to call but I...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pop up - access has been blocked and. Computer is locked. It gives a number to call but I...: Pop says access has been blocked for security reasons and gives a number to call I have not called it but my PC is frozen on it and won't let me back out of it how do I fix this* Moved from Community Center...
  4. My laptop has been locked for security reasons by microsoft

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop has been locked for security reasons by microsoft: My laptop has been locked for security reasons by microsoft https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-has-been-locked-for-security-reasons-by/a7510625-12d3-4cb8-bfd3-66032760dd67
  5. My laptop has been locked for security reasons by microsoft

My laptop has been locked for security reasons by microsoft: My laptop has been locked for security reasons by microsoft https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-has-been-locked-for-security-reasons-by/a7510625-12d3-4cb8-bfd3-66032760dd67
  6. My laptop has been locked for security reasons by microsoft

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. My other PC, a laptop has been locked for a security issue. I am being told to call the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My other PC, a laptop has been locked for a security issue. I am being told to call the...: My other PC, a laptop has been locked for a security issue. I am being told to call the Security Hotline at 1-855-725-2599? Is this a Microsoft number?...
  8. My other PC, a laptop has been locked for a security issue. I am being told to call the...

My other PC, a laptop has been locked for a security issue. I am being told to call the...: My other PC, a laptop has been locked for a security issue. I am being told to call the Security Hotline at 1-855-725-2599? Is this a Microsoft number?...
  9. My other laptop has been locked for "security reasons" I don't want to call the number. I...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My other laptop has been locked for "security reasons" I don't want to call the number. I...: My other laptop has been locked for "security reasons" I don't want to call the number. I can't do anything with it. I turn it off and it's there when I turn it back on. What do I do?...
  10. My other laptop has been locked for "security reasons" I don't want to call the number. I...

My other laptop has been locked for "security reasons" I don't want to call the number. I...: My other laptop has been locked for "security reasons" I don't want to call the number. I can't do anything with it. I turn it off and it's there when I turn it back on. What do I do?...