Windows 10: My other laptop is locked out because you changed my password to a pin or something else....

Discus and support My other laptop is locked out because you changed my password to a pin or something else.... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My other laptop is locked out because you changed my password to a pin or something else. How do I get it opened?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Donald Azer, May 17, 2023.

1. My other laptop is locked out because you changed my password to a pin or something else....

My other laptop is locked out because you changed my password to a pin or something else. How do I get it opened?

:)

Donald Azer, May 17, 2023

2. Changing from password to pin

Hi Alison,

It's good to know that you want to use the PIN option to sign in to your computer. It's great as well that you've already set up a password, since setting up a password is one of the steps for you to be able to use the
    PIN option. Here's the steps on how to set up a PIN:

• Go to Settings.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Choose Sign-in options, then click Add under the PIN option.
    • Follow the prompt until you finish the setup.

Once done, you may lock your screen and try your PIN in
    Sign-in options

We're looking forward to your feedback.

Carlos Tin, May 17, 2023
  3. change the lock screen password

Hi Eric,

Let us resolve you concern regarding on how you can change your lock screen password. We suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Press the Windows key; then, select Settings.
    • Click Accounts; then, Sign-In Options.
    • Tap the Change button in the Password section.
    • Re-enter your password; then, create a new password.

We would appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, May 17, 2023
  4. My other laptop is locked out because you changed my password to a pin or something else....

Windows 10 Change password to pin

Hi Ana,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

Please share the details.

• Are you able to log in to your desktop?

• Do you see any error code along with the error message?
    I suggest you to go through the below steps and check if it helps.

Follow these steps to set up a PIN on your Windows User Account:

• Press the Windows +S key combination to display the Search box.

• Type the word pin into the Search box, then click
      Set up PIN sign-in.

• Find the “PIN” section and click the Add button.

• Type in the password for your User Account, then click the
      Ok button.

• Select and enter a 4 digit numeric pin, then enter it again for confirmation.

• Exit the PIN setup utility.

From now on you’ll be able to log in to your Windows account by entering your 4 digit PIN instead of your password.

You can change your PIN at any time by following the steps below:

• Press the Windows +S key combination to display the Search box.

• Type the word pin into the Search box, then click Set up PIN sign-in.

• Find the “PIN” section and click the Change button.

• Enter your Windows password, then click the
      Ok button.

• Select and enter a new 4 digit numeric pin, then enter it again for confirmation.

• Click the Finish button.

• Exit the PIN setup utility.
    Check if it helps.

I hope the information helps. Please keep us posted on the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, May 17, 2023
Thema:

My other laptop is locked out because you changed my password to a pin or something else....

1. My other laptop is locked out because you changed my password to a pin or something else.... - Similar Threads - laptop locked changed

2. I got locked out of laptop because my kids attempted to login on my laptop with wrong password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I got locked out of laptop because my kids attempted to login on my laptop with wrong password: I got locked out of laptop because my kids attempted to login on my laptop with wrong password https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-got-locked-out-of-laptop-because-my-kids/ff4edfae-e8df-40eb-a030-e276e91b48de
  3. I got locked out of laptop because my kids attempted to login on my laptop with wrong password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I got locked out of laptop because my kids attempted to login on my laptop with wrong password: I got locked out of laptop because my kids attempted to login on my laptop with wrong password https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-got-locked-out-of-laptop-because-my-kids/ff4edfae-e8df-40eb-a030-e276e91b48de
  4. I got locked out of laptop because my kids attempted to login on my laptop with wrong password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I got locked out of laptop because my kids attempted to login on my laptop with wrong password: I got locked out of laptop because my kids attempted to login on my laptop with wrong password https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-got-locked-out-of-laptop-because-my-kids/5ed88969-6ea0-4800-8b29-2189ea7ff32f
  5. Can't change pin and locked out of my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't change pin and locked out of my computer: Hi, I am currently trying to login into my old pc, I cannot change the pin even when I press 'I forgot my PIN' I have tried factory resetting it and it won't work. Any other ways to either reset my pc or login?...
  6. Can't change pin and locked out of my computer

Can't change pin and locked out of my computer: Hi, I am currently trying to login into my old pc, I cannot change the pin even when I press 'I forgot my PIN' I have tried factory resetting it and it won't work. Any other ways to either reset my pc or login?...
  7. My other laptop is locked out because you changed my password to a pin or something else....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My other laptop is locked out because you changed my password to a pin or something else....: My other laptop is locked out because you changed my password to a pin or something else. How do I get it opened? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-other-laptop-is-locked-out-because-you-changed/edac1962-4565-42ea-8dc0-9052555838d8
  8. My other laptop is locked out because you changed my password to a pin or something else....

My other laptop is locked out because you changed my password to a pin or something else....: My other laptop is locked out because you changed my password to a pin or something else. How do I get it opened? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-other-laptop-is-locked-out-because-you-changed/edac1962-4565-42ea-8dc0-9052555838d8
  9. Locked out of my laptop because I'm locked out of my email account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Locked out of my laptop because I'm locked out of my email account: Hi,I've recently been locked out of my personal windows account. I no longer have access to the recovery phone number because the account is 15 years old and frankly I dont use it. However I've used the email when I first got my lenovo laptop in order for me log into the...
  10. My laptop crashed and disabled the pin password and now I'm locked out

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    My laptop crashed and disabled the pin password and now I'm locked out: my laptop crashed suddenly with a blue screen and when I restarted it I couldn't log in with my pin because it was disabled The sign-in option is disabled because of failed sign-in attempts or repeated shutdowns. Use a different sign-in option, or keep your device powered on...