Windows 10: My Outlook 2010 is corrupt and not working. Would like to switch to Windows 10 Mail App

Discus and support My Outlook 2010 is corrupt and not working. Would like to switch to Windows 10 Mail App in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I would like to dump Outlook 2010 and move to an email client that works more efficiently. I recently started using Windows 10 Mail App and would like... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by GaryFerguson2, Dec 21, 2018.

1. My Outlook 2010 is corrupt and not working. Would like to switch to Windows 10 Mail App

I would like to dump Outlook 2010 and move to an email client that works more efficiently. I recently started using Windows 10 Mail App and would like to pull in all my saved emails and folders from my Google webmail domain.

Currently, only a few of my emails have populated the folders I previously created in Outlook 2010, but all my emails have not uploaded from my Gmail account.

Also, I noticed that Windows mail app doesn't show a Sent folder. I have sent emails using it, but can't seem to locate them or add a Sent folder. When I click on Folders. Under Folders, I see Outbox, Inbox and all the subfolders but no Sent folder. Also no Sent folder for any of the other 2 email accounts I have added.

Thanks in advance for any help with this.

:)

GaryFerguson2, Dec 21, 2018
  2. qubit Win User

How to install outlook express on windows xp with explorer 8?

This is an awkward problem to solve and one I don't think is worth the time and effort.

The OP would be better off either using a modern webmail service like gmail or outlook.com or using a modern email client like Windows Live Mail like FX-GMC suggested or Thunderbird from Mozilla. If nothing else, Outlook Distress was notorious for corrupting its data files and losing all your email in one easy step. Not worth it.

qubit, Dec 21, 2018
  3. geercom Win User
    Need Outlook 2010 to work or get Mail & Cal to import contacts

I don't understand what it means by "Create one or more folders in the list of folders that synchronize with your Outlook.com account". What does that mean? Are you saying you can create these folders somewhere inside Outlook.com and that the folders have to have the same names as the WLM folders? I don't understand. What folders are the ones that sync with Outlook.com? Where are these?

geercom, Dec 21, 2018
  4. Jayzilla Win User

My Outlook 2010 is corrupt and not working. Would like to switch to Windows 10 Mail App

Delete mails in Outlook but want to keep mails untouch in webmail

When I deleted an email in outlook and my webmail got deleted too. I want to keep all the inbox mails from the webmail even I complete deleted in outlook. I spend hrs can't think it out how. Any step by step instruction? I'm using IMAP account btw. Thanks and Merry Christmas.

Jayzilla, Dec 21, 2018
Thema:

My Outlook 2010 is corrupt and not working. Would like to switch to Windows 10 Mail App

1. My Outlook 2010 is corrupt and not working. Would like to switch to Windows 10 Mail App - Similar Threads - Outlook 2010 corrupt

2. Mails missing from Outlook 2010

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Mails missing from Outlook 2010: Hi, I am using a Microsoft Windows 10 desktop with Office 2010 ! installed on it. I noticed yesterday that a groop of mails in the Inbox pane is missing. The missing group begins from October 12 to November 7.I tried System Restore' it did not help.Will appreciate if somebody...
  3. Mails missing from Outlook 2010

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mails missing from Outlook 2010: Hi, I am using a Microsoft Windows 10 desktop with Office 2010 ! installed on it. I noticed yesterday that a groop of mails in the Inbox pane is missing. The missing group begins from October 12 to November 7.I tried System Restore' it did not help.Will appreciate if somebody...
  4. Mails missing from Outlook 2010

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Would like to switch out of Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Would like to switch out of Windows 10?: I would like to switch out of Windows 10, doing my e-mails this way is much more difficult than how my wife does hers, hers is the old way.... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/would-like-to-switch-out-of-windows-10/5b058f09-e4ee-4b9d-a57f-0e7e4096eb0c
  6. WLive Mail transfer to Win 10 Mail. Want to transfer that into my Outlook 2010 app.

WLive Mail transfer to Win 10 Mail. Want to transfer that into my Outlook 2010 app.: Hi: I just upgraded to Win 10 from 7. I was able to move my primary emails into Outlook 2010 but my storage folders were an issue. I managed to move the storage folders into my msn.com email account along with my calendar. So far so good. When I tried to get the msn.com...
  7. Mail App would not work with Yahoo Mail

Mail App would not work with Yahoo Mail: I have my Windows 10 Mail setup to receive and send mail by way of Yahoo Mail account, its been working fine until today Dec 18, 2019. At first, I got a notification from Windows 10 that my Yahoo Mail account is outdated needs my attention so, 1. I went into the setting...
  8. Windows 10 upgrade... Outlook 2010 not working.

in Browsers and Email
    Windows 10 upgrade... Outlook 2010 not working.: Upgraded to Windows 10 overnight. Everything seemed ok this morning until I tried to open my outlook. I get the error "Cannot open your default email folders. Access denied!" I did notice that on my desktop my folder now has my "first" and "last" name instead of just the...
  9. Outlook Mail app corrupted?

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook Mail app corrupted?: My Outlook Mail has not downloaded any mails for over 30 days. A notification repeatedly says its settings need updating (password?) and to click Fix. Fix does not work. I have checked all I can, including the password which is correct and works. Fortunately I can keep track...
  10. Outlook 2010, and Windows Mail App wont sync

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook 2010, and Windows Mail App wont sync: For the last week or so, my emails are not syning with either Outlook 2010, or the Windows Mail App. I am using Hotmail (yes i know, still?) I got an email from Microsoft, saying something along the lines of "remove and then re-add your account", which i have done....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. user claimns that shutting down pc caused outlook 2010 to corrupt

2. windows 10 outlook 2010 corrupted