Windows 10: my output device keeps getting enabled and disabled

Discus and support my output device keeps getting enabled and disabled in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; it suddenly happened and wouldn't stop even after i restarted my device video of it happening: https://youtu.be/I4el1FiahkU... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Mousaz, Mar 12, 2021.

1. Mousaz Win User

my output device keeps getting enabled and disabled

it suddenly happened and wouldn't stop even after i restarted my device

video of it happening:

https://youtu.be/I4el1FiahkU

:)

Mousaz, Mar 12, 2021

2. Re-enable audio device

Hi,

I would be happy to assist you.

Before we proceed with troubleshooting, I would need little information on the issue.

• Are using speakers / head phones to listen to audio?
    If you have disabled the audio device, then you might not see it under the list of playback devices. I would suggest you to follow these steps to make sure you see the disabled devices:

• Open
        Control panel

• Click Hardware and Sound and then Click on
        Sounds.

• Under Playback tab, right click on the empty area and make sure
        “Show Disabled Devices” has a check mark on it. If headphones/Speakers are disabled, it will now show up in the list.

• Right click on the device and
        Enable it. Click OK.
    If the issue still persists, try enabling speakers automatically using steps below.

• Go to Settings> Click on themes> Advance sound settings> right click on the speakers or the audio device youo have connected > click on
      Configure device.

• Test the sound level you want, click Next.

• And configure the audio devices.

Hope this helps you. Do reply if you need further assistance on Windows 10.

Thank you.

Vidyashree_C, Mar 12, 2021
  3. Sound keeps playing from same output device even after changing default device

After a Windows update last fall I have had issues with switching between my USB headphones and my desktop speakers, and the only way to get the sound output to change is by disabling one or the other. When both devices are enabled I can hear sound when
    moving the volume slider or playing a test sound, but if I change source of output in the lower right corner in Windows, nothing happens other than the new output source displaying when clicking the volume button. The sound keeps playing from the previously
    selected device until I disable it entirely. Then I have to use Sound Troubleshooter to re-enable it as it disappears from the list of output devices once disabled. I find this very frustrating and I hope someone can help me solving this issue.

my output device keeps getting enabled and disabled 6b91a87c-55cc-4fb0-8912-0c8ba746436e?upload=true.png

Kjetil Kvinge Stavenjord, Mar 12, 2021
  4. my output device keeps getting enabled and disabled

Headphones output device is not plugged in

A quick update about additional steps I tried:

1. Uninstall KB4512508 (no effect)
    2. Re-install KB4512508 (no effect)
    3. Disable and re-enable High Definition Audio Device via device manager (no effect)

As a last ditch I booted the PC with a live OS from USB storage and to my surprise the Headphones socket on the front panel was detected and worked fine. I think this should rule out a hardware-related issue.

Once again, I would appreciate any suggestion to solve this problem.

Best regards,

randomisator, Mar 12, 2021
Thema:

my output device keeps getting enabled and disabled

1. my output device keeps getting enabled and disabled - Similar Threads - output device keeps

2. Enable/Disable Audio devices

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Enable/Disable Audio devices: Hi,I want to enable/disable audio devices listed in sound control panel mmsys.cpl but either through programmatically or through any power shell commands/scripts.I tried using WMI APIs, Core Audio APIs, pnputil, devcon utilities. But with any of these I am either able to...
  3. Enable/Disable Audio devices

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Enable/Disable Audio devices: Hi,I want to enable/disable audio devices listed in sound control panel mmsys.cpl but either through programmatically or through any power shell commands/scripts.I tried using WMI APIs, Core Audio APIs, pnputil, devcon utilities. But with any of these I am either able to...
  4. Enable/Disable Audio devices

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Output audio device keeps getting "muted"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Output audio device keeps getting "muted": Issue: Whenever I plug in my earphones, my laptop does not immediately recognize it and instead continues playing audio through its built-in speakers.My workaround so far has been to run the troubleshooter and it'll work after it "unmutes" the device. I don't quite understand...
  6. Output audio device keeps getting "muted"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Output audio device keeps getting "muted": Issue: Whenever I plug in my earphones, my laptop does not immediately recognize it and instead continues playing audio through its built-in speakers.My workaround so far has been to run the troubleshooter and it'll work after it "unmutes" the device. I don't quite understand...
  7. Monitor's Audio Output Keeps Re-enabling Even Though I Disabled It

Monitor's Audio Output Keeps Re-enabling Even Though I Disabled It: I have an Asus monitor that i use with my laptop. It has an VGA output but i use it with an hdmi adapter. My problem is;Everytime i open my laptop and connect my bluetooth earbuds, computer keeps switching between the monitor's audio outputIt doesn't actually have any...
  8. How to Enable or Disable Sound Output Device in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to Enable or Disable Sound Output Device in Windows 10: In Windows 10, the default audio output device is the device that Windows uses to play sound – this can be speakers, headphones, Bluetooth headset, or other audio devices connected or built-in to the PC. In this post, we will show you how to enable or disable Sound Output...
  9. No audio output device is enabled

No audio output device is enabled: What does 'No audio output device is enabled' mean and how can it be fixed? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/no-audio-output-device-is-enabled/5dbb4804-638c-4eb1-b874-91d978177333
  10. Enable or Disable a Sound Output Device in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable a Sound Output Device in Windows: How to: Enable or Disable a Sound Output Device in Windows How to Enable or Disable a Sound Output Device in Windows The default audio playback device is the device that Windows uses to output (play) sound. This can be speakers, headphones, Bluetooth headset, or...