Windows 10: My over 80 years old father was scammed and his computer is locked up

Discus and support My over 80 years old father was scammed and his computer is locked up in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi All, My over 80 years old father was recently scammed and gave remote access to a "Microsoft Technician" to fix his Dell Inspiron 3670 desk top... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by pigseye2, Jan 13, 2020.

1. pigseye2 Win User

My over 80 years old father was scammed and his computer is locked up

Hi All,

My over 80 years old father was recently scammed and gave remote access to a "Microsoft Technician" to fix his Dell Inspiron 3670 desk top computer with Windows 10. Once connected to my dad's PC the "tech" wanted $1000 to fix it and literally told my dad if he didn't pay it he would lock up his PC.

My dad told him he couldn't afford it and eventually hung up on the tech. But now the computer won't boot and we get the blue screen of death until the Dell Support Assist starts. It says there are no hardware issues and goes into SupportAssist OS Recovery where it identifies an issue as

"Error description: NO_BOOT"

It says the Partition Table is bad and repairs it and no issues detected for the Boot Files and Windows Health. Then I click the Restart button but the PC either goes back to the blue screen of death or just restarts the Dell SupportAssist with the same NO_BOOT issue.

Obviously I am in the process of contacting all the financial institutions.

Is there anything else I can do to recover his files?

Thanks

:)

pigseye2, Jan 13, 2020
  2. Vario Win User

AMD 45 Years old today!

My father and I have reduced the quantity of our old computers.
    I have a few Athlon 939 CPUs in a box somewhere. One of the 939s is in a full rig from 2005 and works great. Used to have a Pentium Pro (one cpu but dual socket mobo). and an Athlon Thunderbird, got rid of them a few years ago.

We have an Everex Step with a 486 still. It still works but hasn't been run in a few years. The OS is Windows 3.1.

Vario, Jan 13, 2020
  3. My over 80 years old father was scammed and his computer is locked up

Jsssssssss, Jan 13, 2020
Thema:

My over 80 years old father was scammed and his computer is locked up

1. My over 80 years old father was scammed and his computer is locked up - Similar Threads - years old father

2. I need help resetting my 75 year old fathers password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I need help resetting my 75 year old fathers password: Despite the sheer frustration with the "support" options I will do my best to be civil. I have been trying to have my fathers password reset for Microsoft live so he can activate his email on his new phone and activate his new computer. He is unable to remember his password...
  3. I need help resetting my 75 year old fathers password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I need help resetting my 75 year old fathers password: Despite the sheer frustration with the "support" options I will do my best to be civil. I have been trying to have my fathers password reset for Microsoft live so he can activate his email on his new phone and activate his new computer. He is unable to remember his password...
  4. I need help resetting my 75 year old fathers password

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. A popup scam locked up my laptop computer.

A popup scam locked up my laptop computer.: Split from this thread. A popup scam locked up my laptop computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/a-popup-scam-locked-up-my-laptop-computer/d8043202-eb45-4bad-8c26-d4b01937ea54
  6. A popup scam locked up my laptop computer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A popup scam locked up my laptop computer.: Split from this thread. A popup scam locked up my laptop computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/a-popup-scam-locked-up-my-laptop-computer/d8043202-eb45-4bad-8c26-d4b01937ea54
  7. Father passed away and need access to his computer

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Father passed away and need access to his computer: As my title states, my father passed away 2 weeks ago. Unfortunately, we can't locate any of his login info. His login is linked with his Microsoft account so there's no way for us to just reset his password. I have contacted the email "*** Email address is removed for...
  8. Father passed away and need access to his computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Father passed away and need access to his computer: As my title states, my father passed away 2 weeks ago. Unfortunately, we can't locate any of his login info. His login is linked with his Microsoft account so there's no way for us to just reset his password. I have contacted the email "*** Email address is removed for...
  9. Father passed away and need access to his computer

10. 80 year old Father forgot his password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    80 year old Father forgot his password: I purchased my 80 year old father a new desktop HP with · Windows 10 Home 64· 10th Generation Intel® Core™ i3 processor He set it up without me being there and it asked him to set a password on the screen saver… Which he did… Problem is the password he wrote down and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. man locked up by his father untill 13 years old