Windows 10: My own number keeps calling me saying it is Microsoft and my IP address has been corrupted...

Discus and support My own number keeps calling me saying it is Microsoft and my IP address has been corrupted... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; My own number keeps calling me saying it is Microsoft and my IP address has been corrupted and I need to hold for tech support. I hung up and it keeps... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by COURTNIEBENSON, Jan 25, 2019.

1. My own number keeps calling me saying it is Microsoft and my IP address has been corrupted...

My own number keeps calling me saying it is Microsoft and my IP address has been corrupted and I need to hold for tech support. I hung up and it keeps calling. Is this legit?

:)

COURTNIEBENSON, Jan 25, 2019

2. Finding IP address

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below to find printer’s IP address:

1. Type Devices and Printers in the Windows search bar.
    2. Select on the printer and click on
      Manage.
    3. Click on the Ports tab.
      You will be able to find printer’s IP address under the ‘Ports’ tab.

Few printers also have a “Test print” option on the printer. When you print a test page from network printer, the page shows the IP address along with other details.

Note: If it is set on DHCP mode the IP address will constantly change.
    The IP address is assigned automatically by your router using a protocol called DHCP.

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Jan 25, 2019
  3. Call about my IP address. Told to call an 800 number.

I had a call from a Peter supposedly representing global tech solutions telling me that my IP address had been compromised. didn't give him any info but was asked to call back at *** *** ****xtn ***. Is he legit and what should I do

* Phone number deleted by Forum Moderator.

* Moved from Insider

* Original title: IP address

MargCorbett, Jan 25, 2019
  4. Geethu B Win User

My own number keeps calling me saying it is Microsoft and my IP address has been corrupted...

ip address problem

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I understand that you have an issue with IP Address, I will surely help you to fix this issue.

This issue could have occurred due incorrect TCP\IP Address settings.

Try the steps listed here:

Method 1:

I suggest you to reset TCP\IP and check if it helps.

How to reset TCP/IP by using the NetShell utility

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/299357

Note: Applies to Windows 10.

Method 2:

If the issue persists, I suggest you to try these steps to Flush DNS and request a new IP address from your ISP server. Check if it helps.

• Click on
      Start and type cmd on start search.

• Right-click on command prompt Run
      and selectas administrator.

• At the command prompt, type the following commands and hit
      Enter after each command.

ipconfig /flushdns

ipconfig /registerdns

ipconfig /release

ipconfig /renew

exit

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Jan 25, 2019
Thema:

My own number keeps calling me saying it is Microsoft and my IP address has been corrupted...

1. My own number keeps calling me saying it is Microsoft and my IP address has been corrupted... - Similar Threads - own number keeps

2. ONE OF MY COMPUTERS JUST HAD A POP UP MESSAGE SAYING THAT MY IP ADDRESS HAS BEEN...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ONE OF MY COMPUTERS JUST HAD A POP UP MESSAGE SAYING THAT MY IP ADDRESS HAS BEEN...: ONE OF MY COMPUTERS JUST HAD A POP UP MESSAGE SAYING THAT MY IP ADDRESS HAS BEEN COMPROMISED AND TO CALL MICROSOFT AT THIS NUMBER: 1-844-654-0177. IS THIS A LIGATIMATE MESSAGE FROM MICROSOFT?...
  3. My computer has been locked up. saying that my IP address was used to visit websites that...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer has been locked up. saying that my IP address was used to visit websites that...: My computer has been locked up. saying that my IP address was used to visit websites that contain network violence https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-has-been-locked-up-saying-that-my-ip/66e69c1e-4e01-44dd-b9bb-ee99cb8be435
  4. My computer has been locked up. saying that my IP address was used to visit websites that...

My computer has been locked up. saying that my IP address was used to visit websites that...: My computer has been locked up. saying that my IP address was used to visit websites that contain network violence https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-has-been-locked-up-saying-that-my-ip/66e69c1e-4e01-44dd-b9bb-ee99cb8be435
  5. I called the number when I got the pop-up saying my IP address has been used illegally... I...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I called the number when I got the pop-up saying my IP address has been used illegally... I...: I got a popup on my computer saying my ip address has been illegally used and Microsoft has found spyware on my computer. I called the number and was on the phone for 2 hours with Microsoft support. They downloaded remote access software onto my computer and had me visit all...
  6. I called the number when I got the pop-up saying my IP address has been used illegally... I...

I called the number when I got the pop-up saying my IP address has been used illegally... I...: I got a popup on my computer saying my ip address has been illegally used and Microsoft has found spyware on my computer. I called the number and was on the phone for 2 hours with Microsoft support. They downloaded remote access software onto my computer and had me visit all...
  7. I called the number when I got the pop-up saying my IP address has been used illegally... I...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. My email address has been corrupted

My email address has been corrupted: People are receiving emails from my email address allegedly from DVLA, to pay driving licence. Is there anything you can do to help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/my-email-address-has-been-corrupted/87888a50-ebed-4005-bf4f-de010d48b511
  9. Calls regarding changing my IP address

Calls regarding changing my IP address: I am getting multiple calls from my own phone number with a recording saying it is Microsoft. The recording states that my IP address has been used in multiple countries and needs to be changed. Is this a scam?...
  10. I keep getting Anonymous calls bearing my number, saying microsoft calling,my ip address is...

I keep getting Anonymous calls bearing my number, saying microsoft calling,my ip address is...: I keep getting Anonymous calls bearing my number, saying microsoft calling my ip address is compromised. I have been getting 5 or 6 a day. now my name and number appears on my phone. Same story. Any way to stop this....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. call from my own number from microsoft

2. my own phone number keeps calling me

3. call from microsoft about ip address

4. will microsoft call me,
  5. phone call from own number microsoft,
  6. microsoft called me from my own number,
  7. microsoft is calling me about my ip,
  8. microsoft calling about ip address,
  9. microsoft call ip address is corrupt,
  10. microsoft calling me using my number,
  11. calls from microsoft from my own number,