Windows 10: My own Windows PC isn't allowing me to change settings, running home edition.

Discus and support My own Windows PC isn't allowing me to change settings, running home edition. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi there I recently stuck on this issue in which my own PC won't allow me to change some settings. It tells some settings are hidden or managed by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Microsoftlover2020, Dec 1, 2020.

1. My own Windows PC isn't allowing me to change settings, running home edition.

Hi there

I recently stuck on this issue in which my own PC won't allow me to change some settings. It tells some settings are hidden or managed by your organisation , and I can't enable/disable some settings I need. Please help me to fix this. I tried gpedit and cmd based commands but they didn't work for me. I have no Antivirus Installed, Windows activated by OEM and no cleaner apps ever installed. Some screenshots are attached below as well.

My PC:

HP Pavilion 14-ce3006tu

IntelR CoreTM i5-1035G1 @ 1.00 Ghz

16 GB 2667 Mhz DDR4 Memory

512 GB NVMe SSD

My own Windows PC isn't allowing me to change settings, running home edition. 35171569-0511-48a9-ba60-6559e1b892e2?upload=true.png My own Windows PC isn't allowing me to change settings, running home edition. 68baf0d3-da01-4354-b56a-9ad76399a0d2?upload=true.png My own Windows PC isn't allowing me to change settings, running home edition. 4f592154-e4e2-434e-ab75-69ea3a3ee635?upload=true.png

:)

Microsoftlover2020, Dec 1, 2020

2. Printer isn´t working after latest update.

After the latest update from Windows, my Canon Pixma ip6600 printer isnt working. In Device Manager it shows up as working properly but when I go to print it isn´t listed as an option in any programs. Troubleshoot suggests it´s a USB 2 printer on a USB
    3 port and that that´s the problem but that cant be since it worked fine before the update. I´ve tried to uninstall and plug it back in but that doesn´t work either.

Sigurdur WilliamBrynjarsson, Dec 1, 2020
  3. 95Viper Win User
    Windows 8.1 update changed the language, can't change back

Maybe, these will help... it seems it is a common enough problem.

Language packs are no longer available after you upgrade to Windows 8.1

And, sort of the same here --> Add a language or keyboard

Quote from above MS web page:

Spoiler Download and install language packs
    You'll need to download the language pack if you want to make a language your Windows display language (that's the language you see most often in Windows and apps).
    • Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
    • Tap or click Time and language, and then tap or click Region and language.
    • Tap or click a language that says Language pack available underneath, and then tap or click Options.
    • Tap or click Download. The download process might take a while, depending on your PC and the size of the language pack.
      If you want to make this your display language, see the next section "Change your Windows display language".
    Change your Windows display language
    To change your Windows display language (that's the language you see most often in Windows and apps), first add a language, download and install the language pack, and then follow these steps.
    • Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
    • Tap or click Time and language, and then tap or click Region and language.
    • Tap or click the language that you want to set as your display language.
    • Tap or click Set as primary to move the language to the top of the list. If the language can become your Windows display language, you'll see Will be display language after next sign-in appear under the language.
    • Sign out and then sign back in to finish.
    And here is some more info --> Add Language Packs to Windows

95Viper, Dec 1, 2020
  4. Jakub578 Win User

My own Windows PC isn't allowing me to change settings, running home edition.

Cortana isn´t working

When I hit enter, it did something, but there´s still no Cortana, even after restart. So I tried it again, but now it says that it failed, because it´s already installed and it´s working in PC. So it should work, but Cortana still isn´t here.

Jakub578, Dec 1, 2020
Thema:

My own Windows PC isn't allowing me to change settings, running home edition.

1. My own Windows PC isn't allowing me to change settings, running home edition. - Similar Threads - own isn't allowing

2. My pc don't allow me to enter password and throws me back to home screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pc don't allow me to enter password and throws me back to home screen: While I try to click on the screen to enter password it suddenly throws me to home screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pc-dont-allow-me-to-enter-password-and-throws/5f3e802b-6ca2-4951-8aa4-c23264e13761
  3. My pc don't allow me to enter password and throws me back to home screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My pc don't allow me to enter password and throws me back to home screen: While I try to click on the screen to enter password it suddenly throws me to home screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pc-dont-allow-me-to-enter-password-and-throws/5f3e802b-6ca2-4951-8aa4-c23264e13761
  4. My pc don't allow me to enter password and throws me back to home screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  5. My mouse changes my volume settings on it's own?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My mouse changes my volume settings on it's own?: Whenever I am streaming content on netflix or youtube, my mouse can change my audio settings on the right side of my screen. for example a show is playing and if I move my mouse up and down on the right side of the screen, the audio increases and decreases respectively. I am...
  6. Will Reformatting PC Allow me to change the pc's name?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Will Reformatting PC Allow me to change the pc's name?: I want to reformat my pc and give it to my niece since I don't play video games anymore. Is it possible to reformat and change the name of it? Or is it stuck with the name I gave it (chubbyboy)? I still have the windows 10 key. Is there anything I would need to know before...
  7. My PC changed on its own

in Windows 10 Customization
    My PC changed on its own: My pc changed on its own it became different it has the vita taskbar and mouse [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pc-changed-on-its-own/e9836358-20bc-4ac8-beef-7c2dd9dd97f6
  8. Windows isn't allowing me to use my SSD

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows isn't allowing me to use my SSD: I switched to Windows 10 today from Ubuntu. During installation, windows didn't allow me to select my SSD which had Ubuntu installed on it so I used my HDD. Now windows is set up but it isn't allowing me to use my SSD, it isn't showing up in file manager and I can't format it...
  9. There are WMI programs running on my windows 10 home edition.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    There are WMI programs running on my windows 10 home edition.: Many of my system 32 files are not at their specified sizes and sfc scannow does not show any problems. In cc cleaner there is a WMI user logged in but I can't find it. Please help. My firewall has a firewall.dll file that I can't undo, many settings in windows are preset and...
  10. Will upgrading windows 10 home Chinese edition to pro via the appstore allow me to change...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Will upgrading windows 10 home Chinese edition to pro via the appstore allow me to change...: I live in China, and own a Chinese ultrabook although I don't read or speak chinese very well. I am not Chinese. The system is language-locked into the Chinese language, but I cannot change the system language to US English, or any language because it is locked in Chinese....