Windows 10: My P C goes to sleep

Discus and support My P C goes to sleep in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; why does my P C go into sleep mode if I don't move my mouse for 20 seconds... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DOJALDGOOBICH, Dec 21, 2020.

1. My P C goes to sleep

why does my P C go into sleep mode if I don't move my mouse for 20 seconds

:)

DOJALDGOOBICH, Dec 21, 2020

2. Computer goes to Sleep mode automatically

Hi Anthony,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below if not tried already and check if it helps.

• Navigate to Start>Settings>System>Power & sleep.
    • In the right pane, select Never from the drop down list for
      Screen
      and Sleep.
    • Close the dialog box and check for status.

Hope the information is helpful. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Dec 21, 2020
  3. Eric Ber Win User
    PC goes to sleep automatically.

Hi Hamza,

Conflicts with the power settings is one of the possible reasons why your computer goes to sleep automatically. For us to assist you better, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any changes to your computer prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Which version and OS build number of Windows 10 is currently installed? To check, press the
      Windows key, type winver, and press the
      Enter
      key.

Meanwhile, you can try to run the Power troubleshooter. Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with your system's power settings. You can follow the steps below:

• Open Control Panel by right click on
      Start
      Button.
    • In the search box, type troubleshooter, and then click
      Troubleshooting
    • Click on the view all option on the left panel.
    • Run the Power troubleshooter.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you try to follow the troubleshooting steps in this

thread
    that were provided by Aleksandr 10 and JanElliott_1969.

We're looking forward to your response.

Eric Ber, Dec 21, 2020
  4. My P C goes to sleep

MY LAPTOP GOES INTO SLEEP WHEN WORKING

Hi,

To resolve your concern, you may follow the steps below:

• In Windows, search and open Power options.
    • Click Change plan settings, for the power plan that is selected.
    • Click Change advanced power settings.
    • Do one of the following options to navigate to the hybrid sleep settings:

• Click the plus sign (+) next to Sleep.
    • Click the plus sign (+) next to Allow hybrid sleep, then select
      Off from the drop-down menu, and then click OK.

Let us know how it goes.

Michael Gall, Dec 21, 2020
Thema:

My P C goes to sleep

1. My P C goes to sleep - Similar Threads - goes sleep

2. BSOD and sometime crashing when laptop goes to sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD and sometime crashing when laptop goes to sleep mode: One time the laptop stoped responding when it was off that I had to wait till the battery drained of power to start I thought this was the end of it but now every time the laptop goes to sleep it take so long to start and then give me BSOD and crash and start the windows...
  3. BSOD and sometime crashing when laptop goes to sleep mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD and sometime crashing when laptop goes to sleep mode: One time the laptop stoped responding when it was off that I had to wait till the battery drained of power to start I thought this was the end of it but now every time the laptop goes to sleep it take so long to start and then give me BSOD and crash and start the windows...
  4. Wifi disconnects in Windows 11 when computer goes to sleep.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi disconnects in Windows 11 when computer goes to sleep.: Wifi disconnects in Windows 11 when computer goes to sleep. Could not find a "power management tab" as discussed in other forums. Please be more specific on how to prevent this problem. This is extremely frustrating that the descriptions I have found to correct this issue do...
  5. Wifi disconnects in Windows 11 when computer goes to sleep.

Wifi disconnects in Windows 11 when computer goes to sleep.: Wifi disconnects in Windows 11 when computer goes to sleep. Could not find a "power management tab" as discussed in other forums. Please be more specific on how to prevent this problem. This is extremely frustrating that the descriptions I have found to correct this issue do...
  6. my 2nd monitor goes to sleep after a few minutes of playing games

my 2nd monitor goes to sleep after a few minutes of playing games: also to wake up the 2nd monitor i have to go to display and click anything and then revert after i closed the gamethis just happened yesterday...
  7. my 2nd monitor goes to sleep after a few minutes of playing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my 2nd monitor goes to sleep after a few minutes of playing games: also to wake up the 2nd monitor i have to go to display and click anything and then revert after i closed the gamethis just happened yesterday...
  8. Windows 11 Goes to sleep when I turn the monitors off.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Goes to sleep when I turn the monitors off.: I need my Windows 11 desktop computer to remain on and not in sleep mode even when the monitors are turned off.My company provided me with a desktop tower and twin monitors. I work from home using TeamViewer. I would like to turn my monitors off entirely as to not use the...
  9. Windows 11 Goes to sleep when I turn the monitors off.

Windows 11 Goes to sleep when I turn the monitors off.: I need my Windows 11 desktop computer to remain on and not in sleep mode even when the monitors are turned off.My company provided me with a desktop tower and twin monitors. I work from home using TeamViewer. I would like to turn my monitors off entirely as to not use the...
  10. Windows defect report: Laptop goes to sleep mode after a couple of seconds after it turns...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows defect report: Laptop goes to sleep mode after a couple of seconds after it turns...: Cause: As i have tried many ways to solve this problem that came after I change the settings in Edit power plan and still it is not solvable. Way to repeat the bug: 1. Open Edit power Plan > Path:Control Panel\Hardware and Sound\Power Options\Edit Plan Settings2. Turn Off...